What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mushroom rice, methi chicken, aloo matar, cucumber, onion and mint salad. All homemade but cooked some shop bought bhajis, naan and poppadoms.

Nom nom nom.
That sounds amazing. Especially compared to my dinner tonight. Long day at work and badly need to do a food shop, so it was beans on toast tonight :sneaky:

Reactions: 3
Rebecca Lamb, is this you? Or have you been influenced? Sorry I couldn’t resist ;)

Still at work...so probably beans on toast with brie when I get home.
I'd never even heard of her until I joined Tattle so no 😂

I'm disabled and trying to lose weight so I'm always on the look out for quick, easy & fairly healthy recipes that don't involve hours of preparation (as I can't stand for long periods) and don't really involve needing to be in the kitchen much (genuinely can't stand the heat 😂) I can just about tolerate doing a risotto!

I use my slow cooker a lot and try to freeze what I can so I have some easy nights. I've also just ordered the Pinch of Nom books to try and expand my repertoire.

But feel free to chip in with any recipes that fit my brief people 😁

Reactions: 4

I'm disabled and trying to lose weight so I'm always on the look out for quick, easy & fairly healthy recipes that don't involve hours of preparation (as I can't stand for long periods) and don't really involve needing to be in the kitchen much (genuinely can't stand the heat 😂) I can just about tolerate doing a risotto!

I use my slow cooker a lot and try to freeze what I can so I have some easy nights. I've also just ordered the Pinch of Nom books to try and expand my repertoire.

Highly recommend The Two Chubby Cubs cookbook, it’s new out and the boys are hilarious (if you’re not a prude, join their fb group).

Tonight we’re having chilli and jacket potatoes with looooads of salad (also trying to shift a few pounds)

Reactions: 3

Apologies, it was a coincidence that Rebecca Lamb had made tortillas, well I think that was what she was aiming for...so definitely not food inspiration there.
Your recipe looked really good so definitely one to try.
Kerry Whelpdale on YouTube has some good slow cooker/meal ideas.
Maybe a separate thread with quick easy/cheap/healthy recipes would be a good idea? I get stuck in a jacket potato rut so some alternative ideas are most welcome.

Reactions: 1
Highly recommend The Two Chubby Cubs cookbook, it’s new out and the boys are hilarious (if you’re not a prude, join their fb group).

Tonight we’re having chilli and jacket potatoes with looooads of salad (also trying to shift a few pounds)
Thanks, I'll check them out 😊

Fish finger wraps tonight!!! With salad and corn on the cob. Just need to use what we have!

• Heart
Slow cooker is on today as I’m working from home so I’ve thrown in some chicken sausages, potatoes, carrots, onions, red peppers, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock & loadsa spices!

So so easy! Gonna chuck a stock pot in for the last 30 mins then wilt some spinach in just before I serve!

Reactions: 2
Apologies, it was a coincidence that Rebecca Lamb had made tortillas, well I think that was what she was aiming for...so definitely not food inspiration there.
Your recipe looked really good so definitely one to try.
Kerry Whelpdale on YouTube has some good slow cooker/meal ideas.
Maybe a separate thread with quick easy/cheap/healthy recipes would be a good idea? I get stuck in a jacket potato rut so some alternative ideas are most welcome.
No offence taken 😁 I am "influenced" all the time into parting with money I don't have....but not by her or her tortillas 🤣

And thanks, I'll check her out. I do jacket spuds at least once a week as they're so easy - then I can go and sit down for an hour and a bit 😂 - plus I pop an extra one in for my partner to take to work for lunch the next day.

Tonight I'm making chicken tikka masala, Bombay potatoes, egg fried rice and garlic naan bread, all homemade.

Reactions: 5
Tonight is prawn and pancetta spaghetti with rocket and chilli. I don’t really love pancetta though as I don’t like fat on bacon (or anything) so I might do some lean bacon instead.
I really fancy an extra thick slice of toast with Lurpak though.... what is it about watching your calories that makes you so ravenous and carb hungry!

I have a food page on instagram so I don't want to out myself by posting my meals on here everyday haha. But this is my new fave thread! I just LOVE TALKING ABOUT FOOD haha.

Tonight is turkey morrocan style meatballs with couscous and roasted med veg :love: also trying to lose those xmas pounds..

Reactions: 6
Chicken and chorizo jambalaya tonight :) We use microwave rice though cos lazy and normal rice always sticks to the pan... without fail!

I'm hungry!
I suck at rice so I use aldi boil in the bag rice! Game changer!

Reactions: 2
I'm not feeling that hungry , have a ribeye steak that needs cooking so I'm having a steak baguette with horseradish and rocket .

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Made homemade pasta with the kids today so we’re having Thai Sweet chilli prawns and spaghetti.

Rocket is the work of the devil.

toast. 🙂 I’m willing to share my recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.