What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had to run off to come here and post this lmao.

Yesterday we are doing some last minute shopping. We go past jewelers and were nosing and my fellas like awww do you like these earrings and I'm like ewwww. Only to open my presents this morning and I'm greeted by said earrings 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 yes I'm wearing them to #bekind

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I got given pyjamas today, which is lovely… except they’re “tall” and I’m 5ft nothing. I can get the waistband over my shoulders.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
My husband brings it up every time gifts are exchanged in the house so ill share it here. For his 16th birthday he got given a bank account. But it was never activated and I think back then you had to put £5 minimum in to open one. So he basically got paper work for a bank account. 😆😆 his favourite story to share

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Today I opened a packet of dried stuffing in with a load of socks. Gift from the ex father in law. Socks are also way too big and look manly.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
A cheap over 50 face cream from a work colleague😡 It was 💯 regifted cause she is in her sixties.
I reckon you need to get her one of those life insurance policy leaflets for the elderly, in a festive gift wallet!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A friend of mine was given a massive suitcase for his 18th birthday. He is pretty small - he said he could have fitted into it. He always felt it was a bit of a hint
---
I forgot to add - it was from his parents

• Haha
I received some sticky notes today from my father in law.

he said ‘I thought they’d come in handy for work’.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Today my husband bought me some awful slippers, that look and feel like the texture of the wool clumped around a sheep's dirty arse. They're also a size too small 😄 I burst out laughing and then he laughed too so it's all good - they're getting exchanged

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I had to watch and smile as my husband gave a small present I’d chosen myself as a little extra gift from him to me, to my daughter ! Of course she loved it so I didn’t say anything….😂😢

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Greatest hits this year include a travel iron, three cheap reed diffusers (which I don't use), and two books from my aunt - who clearly picked them up through her job as she is a psychologist - written for troubled children in care

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Greatest hits this year include a travel iron, three cheap reed diffusers (which I don't use), and two books from my aunt - who clearly picked them up through her job as she is a psychologist - written for troubled children in care
It would have been better to give you £20 and a box of chocolates.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Always the MIL isn’t it. Mine is legendary at giving me the worst presents ever.

It’s always the same tat from the charity shop with no box or labels
Candles
Unknown Perfume
Scarfs
Socks
Blankets
Even clothes

Last year for our wedding anniversary we got a pig money bank. I’m not kidding you. A pink with colour dotted pig. Clearly for a child first penny’s. Kept it in the cupboard, chucked it after a few months. Most things go in the bin now, I don’t even bother keeping it for a while out of politeness

She’s regifted too. A bath set she received from our cousin who works for this company. She then went: you like your gift? I just gave her a smug look.

I’m not giving to receive either but the last couple of years I’ve really stopped making an effort myself. They all per couple get £25 worth of M&S vouchers. That way they can buy what they want and I’ve spend £12.50 per person. Oh and a cheap box of chocolates or Biscuits from Poundland. So they can actually unwrap something.

My husband always gets liverpool tat. Like a calendar or dvd that stays in the wrapper Years later. Who still watches dvds 🤣🤣 And I’ll be dammed to have a crap looking liverpool calendar in my pretty white kitchen. Get the duck out

Phew feels better to have a rant 🤣🤣🤣
Quoting myself as yet again this year I was given a pair of socks, a Santa tea light holder that has been used from the charity shop and a RAC flashlight.
The husband yet again got a Liverpool calendar, a pair of socks and a Deano book.
I’m just so done with this tit

• Haha
  • Wow
Quoting myself as yet again this year I was given a pair of socks, a Santa tea light holder that has been used from the charity shop and a RAC flashlight.
The husband yet again got a Liverpool calendar, a pair of socks and a Deano book.
I’m just so done with this tit

Keep your presents for her next year. Wrap them up and say you loved them so much you got her the exact thing.

I personally love socks though.

Your husband's gifts also make him sound like he's 12 going on 13.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Turns out my fellas given me another present this Xmas... a much better one. 👶🍼

• Heart
Reactions: 25