What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another clanger from the husband...I've just realised he's got me a pink knitted beanie with a fluffy pom pom on top, a blush pink check scarf, and some matching gloves...what's wrong with that I hear you say? Nothing if he hadn't picked up near identical items for about 3 years running!

It's the last straw this year, I'm making him take them back. I opened a draw and showed him I have at least two other hats and a pair of gloves with the labels still on them. I very rarely wear hats so I have no idea why he keeps buying them. It's just pure laziness on his part so I'm quite pissed off tbh!

I did get other stuff off him which was OK (the awful slippers I've previously mentioned) but these filler items I find quite offensive because there's no thought put to them whatsoever

Reactions: 17
I’ve got some absolute shite this year can’t say what in case I expose my identity ( you never know who is reading 👀)
People think I’m joking when I say id rather get a block of cadburys whole nut than panic bought rubbish
My boss who is also a friend has bought me some absolute crap and it was beautifully wrapped 🤷‍♀️ husband ignored my insistence on just one present and panic bought a mystery box of chocolate to go with my present, 90% of which I don’t like and won’t eat
I sound ungrateful but I just think
“ why baby Jesus why” 🙄

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I’ve got some absolute shite this year can’t say what in case I expose my identity ( you never know who is reading 👀)
People think I’m joking when I say id rather get a block of cadburys whole nut than panic bought rubbish
My boss who is also a friend has bought me some absolute crap and it was beautifully wrapped 🤷‍♀️ husband ignored my insistence on just one present and panic bought a mystery box of chocolate to go with my present, 90% of which I don’t like and won’t eat
I sound ungrateful but I just think
“ why baby Jesus why” 🙄
That's how I feel. I don't care if it makes me sound spoilt, I put a lot of effort into people's gifts and they love to receive them from me. I am known as the gift giver. So I'm sick to death of getting crap back. You don't give to receive, but just a little bit of thought now and again would be nice, to show they actually appreciate you and actually know you as a person!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
A bell that says ‘ring for coffee’. I live with my 8yo I don’t think he’ll be bringing me coffee anytime soon 😂 one for the charity pile.

Other than that did ok - we scaled right down and all I asked my family for was a pair of pjs, slippers and a book and got those 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I lent someone Cards Against Humanity years ago when it first came out and they never returned it . This year they gave me a new set of CAH as my Christmas present.

I'm fuming, replace it AND buy me a xmas present or do neither. I don't particularly like the game anyway 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Quoting myself as yet again this year I was given a pair of socks, a Santa tea light holder that has been used from the charity shop and a RAC flashlight.
The husband yet again got a Liverpool calendar, a pair of socks and a Deano book.
I’m just so done with this tit
I’m going to guess that her upbringing was maybe a tough one, where getting any present at all was a luxury, and that mindset has sort of stuck

Reactions: 1
Aforementioned relative has delivered again. Guardian angel pin brooch on a piece of yellowed card that looks like it's been rattling around someone's drawer for 20 years.

Lovely sentiment though (even though we're not close/religious, straight to hell with me 🔥).

Reactions: 3
‘Best’ (i.e. worst) one I ever got was from an ex who, for our first - and, spoiler alert, only - Christmas together bought me a toaster. Nothing wrong with that, it was a nice toaster, but the gift wrap was…. a bin bag. Like, an actual black bin bag with a yellow tie. Needless to say, we broke up shortly afterwards - about 24 hours later in fact, although weirdly for a completely different reason!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I had an ex buy me a wine making kit for xmas. A cheapo thing just mix some sachets with water and wait. It made 6 bottles and it was foul. He drank all 6 and spewed up. Thankfully we were at his house at the time else he would have been an ex a whole lot sooner.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
My ex bought me a Star Wars colouring book for my 21st birthday… I don’t even particularly like Star Wars… and that’s all he got me 🤣 I was going through my things a while ago and found said Star Wars colouring book and he had wrote in one of the pages ‘Watermelon (my actual first name) Sagan’ 😆 so now I’ve now got a Star Wars colouring book that says I’m satan

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
My mum got me a vase, she asked me a while ago if I needed a vase because she'd brought me flowers and I didn't have one. I don't have one on purpose because I don't like cut flowers and my kitchen space is limited. But it was hard to say that when she'd just bought me flowers so I just said no I'm ok thanks. Anyway now I have a vase and I hate it.

Reactions: 13
My mum got me a vase, she asked me a while ago if I needed a vase because she'd brought me flowers and I didn't have one. I don't have one on purpose because I don't like cut flowers and my kitchen space is limited. But it was hard to say that when she'd just bought me flowers so I just said no I'm ok thanks. Anyway now I have a vase and I hate it.
my family secret Santa bought me a vase this year 😂 just a plain glass vase 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
A ex once got me a kids cartoon from hmv obviously a 2.99 or free dvd with every purchase.
Years ago my exes mum got me
Similar, an off brand kids cartoon dvd. Like the equivalent of getting one episode of fake peppa pig dvd. I was 22… she seemed so proud of herself too “it’s so cute”

The usual from MIL who just likes to waste her money on pure tat (honest)…
Me: A light up beauty mirror (actually wanted a new one so this isn’t tat at all & was very appreciated), some hand lotion (meh) and a reusable shopping bag made with recyclable materials in a very granny print… sorry but I never ask for anything and don’t expect anything and tbh I would be less offended if she kept her money or just wanted to spend the extra on my lo/her grandchild 🙂

OH (bare in mind he’s a nearly 40yr old man’s man trades man beer drinking type): yet another mug he does not need (also I have a separate cupboard in my kitchen for his ugly mugs he cannot be ruining my aesthetically please glass/pretty mug cupboard haha) that’ll mean one we already have will have to go accidentally missing😂, a tiny box of matchstick “games”- WTF, a wind spinner thing for the garden which cost £40 (she left the price tag on) undoubtedly from the garden centre and I managed to find it online exact same for £15 cheaper after a google… oh actually said what a load of tit that will just sit and rot in the garden, a mushroom growing kit (told oh if he thinks he’s doing that inside the house he can think again - it will sit in the box until he forgets he has it and it will end up in the tip no doubt), a garden planner book (he already has one he’s not used)… there was more but tbh it was basically a bag of stuff he just does not need or want and this is exactly the thing I hate about Christmas that there is just so much waste and she just feels the need to buy stuff to wrap just to give a present. Whilst that is very nice of her and nice to think of others, I do wish people who buy and give these kind of gifts would just put their hard earned money to better use.
2/3 of mine are off to the charity shop today :)

Reactions: 14
The gift was nice but my MIL spelled my name wrong on the tags this year. Only known her 10 years 🙃

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I posted this on the mother in law thread too

This year I’d been regifted a dove set we bought her in 2020 as it still had the red reindeer tape I used! Plus a soap and glory set which was from 2021 edition which was unsealed and bits taken out that she had used and not bothered with the rest for 2 years so thought I’d want it, I had already made it clear I cannot use this stuff as it’s fragranced and too perfumed for me as I have awful eczema and can only use natural plant based products on and am under dermatologists at hospital, partner received two tops also too small and some hot chocolate, the cheap hot chocolate too

I go to so much effort for them and receive tit in return, they both don’t work they have various health issues, are extremely lazy and what pisses me off the most they are bleeping late to everything! We said be here at 3pm they turned up at 4pm!

they also forgot my partners birthday in September he is yet to receive something, how can you forget you own sons bday!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I got from my partner a hand cream set and heated hoodie. I've never used hand cream and our house is always warm. Plus my mother in law died in the middle of December and I know he'd bought these before she died and it's the type of presents she'd ask for. I suppose at least he didn't lose any money on them 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I got from my partner a hand cream set and heated hoodie. I've never used hand cream and our house is always warm. Plus my mother in law died in the middle of December and I know he'd bought these before she died and it's the type of presents she'd ask for. I suppose at least he didn't lose any money on them 🤣
you got his dead mothers gifts ... oh my god 🙈
Romance lives on ! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My mother in law gave me a second hand jumper with a hole in it which she had sewn up for Christmas one year.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9