What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m crying😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can’t remember if I’ve posted on this but my ex’s mum bought me Katie Price perfume for Christmas one year 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

I sold it on eBay.
My nan bought me and my sister Stacey Solomon perfume 2 years on the trot. I'm guessing it was probably on sale at her local chemist. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When I was a kid I was a huge wrestling fan (still am but not as... intense lol). Anyway for Christmas one year my mum got me a toy wrestling ring, super cool right? Only it was a WCW ring, rather than a WWE ring. And I was strictly a WWE
back then. It’s a very important detail when you’re 10!

First thing I said was “why is it wcw???” With a mildly disgusted look on my face. Still feel bad about that to this day😂 Although in the end I was grateful and did play with it a fair bit in the end.

More recently my mum bought me tights for my birthday. I never wear tights, black leggings yes but not tights.
I think you and I would’ve gotten along well at 10. I would’ve been the same. WWE (or F as it was back then) >WCW
One of my best friends is awful for regifting. Sometimes it pays off but most of the time it’s awful. I like to think I’m a thoughtful gifter so tend to think about what to get her.
Oddest one a silver glass display bowl thing looked liked a tk maxx reduced section special. I had recently moved back home after breakup so where would I ever put it 🤷‍♀️
She’s a terrible cook so I’ve started buying her cook books for Christmas and I write a personal message everytime to stop her regifting ways 😂
My ex-best friend was terrible for that. I used to put a lot of thought into the gifts I bought for her, just to get slapped with a regifted toiletry set or some random tat. Her mum does the same (she’s friends with my mum and it’s obvious).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have one but its not mine

where I used to work, we did a collection for one of our colleagues to get her some bath stuff and perfume, think we collected about £70 overall. One of the girls said she will buy it as she can get decent discount on perfume.

come the day if giving the gift... our colleague opens it up and its one of those xmas gift sets from boots ( bearing in mind this bday was in april) no perfume, and we were all a but ‘erm what happened’, we questioned the buyer and she said she has ordered the perfume but it hasn’t arrived . Bless our colleague (bday girl), she didnt say anything at the time but told one of the other girls later the stuff had already been opened and used!! One of them was nearly empty and one was half empty, and after 2 months there was no sign of the perfume still, we managed to get the money back from the cheeky fucker and get her a decent present. Think she assumed we would forget.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
I’m crying😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Can’t remember if I’ve posted on this but my ex’s mum bought me Katie Price perfume for Christmas one year 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

I sold it on eBay.
I'm so glad it's making people laugh. I was horrified at the time but giggle about it now.

Reactions: 1
I have always loved all animals, particularly rabbits.
This happened years ago.. but, my brother and his girlfriend went to Hong Kong for a trip, and she decided to buy me a gift. An expensive rabbit key-ring made of real animal fur.
She handed it to me and said "because you love animals so much".
I actually cried.

However, bless my mum, she saw how upset I was by this gift, and bought me a little silver statue of a rabbit that I still have to this day!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I think you and I would’ve gotten along well at 10. I would’ve been the same. WWE (or F as it was back then) >WCW

My ex-best friend was terrible for that. I used to put a lot of thought into the gifts I bought for her, just to get slapped with a regifted toiletry set or some random tat. Her mum does the same (she’s friends with my mum and it’s obvious).
Yep exactly the same as mine, and she knows it’s not to my taste. I can’t even regift it because it’s all horrible I wouldn’t do it To someone else. 😂
I’m sure she must have worked out my books with my writing in are a passive aggressive move

• Haha
Reactions: 2
When my now husband and I got engaged my colleagues at work had a collection to buy us a gift! The woman who was ‘in charge’ of the collection had the complete opposite taste to me, so you can imagine my reaction when we received black satin bed sheets that also had sequins on!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
When my now husband and I got engaged my colleagues at work had a collection to buy us a gift! The woman who was ‘in charge’ of the collection had the complete opposite taste to me, so you can imagine my reaction when we received black satin bed sheets that also had sequins on!
Why would you buy a colleague bedding 😂

Reactions: 6
Very Del Boy 😂

Reactions: 3
A paperweight as a wedding present.....from my in laws. It was hideous, ‘unfortunately’ it was dropped on the floor quite quickly after I received it. Such a shame

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My husband and I got a birthday card for our wedding day off a friend. He crossed out "birthday" and wrote "wedding" in big scrawly black biro on the front.

I also gave my colleague some posh toffee for a Secret Santa gift, only to overhear her telling my boss in the New Year that she had an emergency dental appointment as "whoever gave me that toffee has cost me a new crown." Took me a week to own up 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I'm loving reading this thread! I've been reading the odd one aloud to my partner and he went "Did you write about when I got you that pearl necklace as a joke gift?"
He did in fact once give me a cheap pearl necklace, which he thought was absolutely hilarious. Luckily it wasn't my only gift.

A few years back I was in another Secret Santa with quite a large team. The guy who got me bailed the day we were due to exchange so there was nothing for me. Management let me have the present this other girl had got for him.
It was a bottle of cheap ass supermarket Jäger and plastic shot cups. Yay.
It's still sat in my drinks cupboard to this day.

I got through it by being excited about the other SS I was in with three friends. I figured they all know me, what could go wrong?
I got an FCUK fragrance set. Just no thought put into it at all. It was so disappointing.

I have also had some amazing SS presents. One year I got a Harry Potter colouring book and colouring pencils, and last year I got a personalised plaque for my desk that said "Fixer of Everything" as I'm the most adept with computers on my team 🤣

Reactions: 4
My hubby bought me a towel that said face on side & fanny on the other, a bar of soap that said face/fanny and some flip flops with fake grass in them 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 22
With my birthday being in January I often get re-gifted presents, always obvious as they’re always random. I think one of my friends forgets she tells me about crap presents she’s received, as I then get them for my birthday or Christmas. I wish I had the bottle to say something, even in a jokey way!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have always loved all animals, particularly rabbits.
This happened years ago.. but, my brother and his girlfriend went to Hong Kong for a trip, and she decided to buy me a gift. An expensive rabbit key-ring made of real animal fur.
She handed it to me and said "because you love animals so much".
I actually cried.

However, bless my mum, she saw how upset I was by this gift, and bought me a little silver statue of a rabbit that I still have to this day!
OMG I would have cried too. That was a horrible gift. I can't believe your brother didn't think better.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
2AA0FACF-889F-491E-BF21-6E6E9C8A16E8.jpeg

I once got something like this but it was bright, in your face pink and instead of a gold chain around your neck it was the same fur material as the “bag” it’s actually a hand warmer and it looks f***ing terrible.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Sanitary towels. After me asking my “friend” that Christmas if we could leave out presents that year but she insisted,

• Haha
Reactions: 7