What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a present but my dad once got me a birthday card that said ‘happy birthday, son’. Would have been lovely if I wasn’t his daughter.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I don’t drink. My one drink tends to be sangria when on holiday. So firstly my SIL forgets it’s my 40th then 6 days after my birthday. She delivered champagne. BIL says to DH, I think I outdid myself with Chunkey’s present... dh replies for someone who doesn’t drink it’s a tit present 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My friend at school a few years ago, on my sixteenth birthday, presented me with a nail manicure kit (obviously used) and an Animal Crossing DS game, not in a box literally just the cartridge, and obviously just taken from her house. I didn’t say anything at first because she came from a poor family, had made suchhhhh a big show of this surprise she‘d got me that to say anything would be harsh. Well it was all okay until at lunch time her brother came over to where we were sitting in the canteen and had a massive argument with her because the game she had given me belonged to their five year old sister! 😬 He had apparently been arguing with her that she was giving it away and was furious he’d ignore her and upset their sister like that! I was mortified, the rest of that afternoon was spent with a teacher, my friend and her brother, me trying desperately to give it back. She was in tears, the brother was fuming, but they both refused to take it back off of me!!! Most bizarre day of my life, I remember sitting with a teacher when they both left not knowing whether to laugh or cry telling her, ‘I can’t keep this!’ and her shrugging at me and saying it was obvious they weren’t going to accept it off me regardless!
Chucked the (bogging) manicure set. I still have the game though. I never found a chance to give it back and then we fell out - she probably goes around telling everyone what a thieving evil bastard I was stealing from her sister!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
A fruit plate from poundland 😂 they forgot to take the sticker off and every year my aunt who I never see sends me a can of body spray, nothing else and always a supermarket “essential” tin too prob cost about 30p

• Haha
When I was at school for I think my 16th, my best friend at the time got me marbles. Wrapped in tin foil. Nothing else. She obviously saw me look rather bemused and said “so you don’t lose your marbles”. I still have no words 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
A very good friend of mine was asked by his sister for cash rather than a gift for Xmas she did the same with her other 3 siblings and her father. Whilst sitting at the table on Xmas day she announced to the entire family that her and her partner had given all their money to charity he was fuming 😤 He said that if he’d known that’s what she was going to do he wouldn’t have given it to her as he felt if he was going to donate money it should of been his choice. What do you think?
My mum is not easy to buy for because she's not a perfume or jewellery wearer or fancy clothes . Usually its a nice jumper or pjamas. She's not in good health & rarely gets out anymore. For Christmas/ mother's Day and her recent birthday she asked us to donate to her fav charity on her behalf. More than happy to do that .

Reactions: 4
One of those padded silk frilly coat hangers. Not even joking either. Was clearly a clear out present 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A very good friend of mine was asked by his sister for cash rather than a gift for Xmas she did the same with her other 3 siblings and her father. Whilst sitting at the table on Xmas day she announced to the entire family that her and her partner had given all their money to charity he was fuming 😤 He said that if he’d known that’s what she was going to do he wouldn’t have given it to her as he felt if he was going to donate money it should of been his choice. What do you think?
Tbh i think that's really good of her. She could have kept it and spent it on tit but instead she gave it to people who need it. Let's face it, who likes all of the stuff you get for xmas and actually uses it!

Reactions: 7
Not a present but my dad once got me a birthday card that said ‘happy birthday, son’. Would have been lovely if I wasn’t his daughter.
Lol This reminds me of a boss who didn't like me in a job I was in over ten years ago..she sent me a birthday card which had been passed to me by my deputy manager...
Inside was a jokey cartoon card, I don't remember much but it had a cartoon if a guy shaving ..saying old enough to shave or something similar 😬....I'm female and was in my 30s 😄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Mini Zen Garden from a "spiritual hippy type aunt" - overpriced tat one would usually find at service stations WHSmiths. It was a matchbox filled with sand, 3 tiny stones and a miniscule rake.

I also remember my first ever boyfriend bought me a birthday card with dogs in suits playing cards saying "You cant teach an old dog new tricks". I was 14! And I hid it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I really hate getting shower gels & face moisturisers and the dreaded body butter :(
Worst gift i got was cutlery set which i told the other half to send back.

Reactions: 1
A steering lock for my car on Valentine’s Day from my yes you’ve guessed it ex boyfriend 😤😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
A family friend bought me one of these a few years ago. It’s the most hideous thing you’ll ever see. I had to open it in front of this person and wow that was an Oscar winning performance if I do say so myself. The hardest work I’ve ever done was trying to look excited and grateful without pissing myself laughing.
Oh my word my MIL bought me a zebra print one of these a few years ago 😆😆😆😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My ex MIL gave me a pair of Wonder Woman knickers for Christmas one year.. Fair enough, one might say but but I was in the midst of an eating disorder and about a size 6 at the time and these were supposedly medium but more like a large...

Two pairs of used ladies slippers (same xmas, same person) One size 4, one size 6.

No prizes for guessing what size I am....

Reactions: 2
My husbands family are big drinkers and I’m not, which they can’t get their heads around. You can guarantee every birthday or Christmas I get a bottle of champagne from them, like they’re trying to convert me. I never drink it, it’s like a running joke with my husband now.

when I was about 18, my boyfriend got me a pink phone got my birthday...but he gave it me and told me it needed unlocking which would cost about £20. I was a skint student so needless to say it sat in a drawer and never got used.

the best one is my brother who always gives my mum a printed picture of my niece in a frame every Christmas, my mum ended up piling one behind the other before finally just putting them in a drawer. My mum goes to town on presents for them all and she always feels abit upset when they don’t bother to buy her anything thoughtful.

• Sad
  • Wow
I used to be friends with a really sweet girl and I feel bad for saying her present was crap.... but... she once wrapped me a few small items for my birthday that were clearly lifted from a hotel/plane. One of the items was a TINY bottle of apple scented hand sanitizer.

• Haha