What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A wooden birdhouse kit that you also paint. I'm deeply afraid of birds.
not a perticular gift but my psycho-(we have a tense relationship) grandma always tries to give me her hand me downs and gets huffy when I say no. She's 90 I'm 24 her clothes stink of old lady perfume and she always buys scratchy fabrics.
-Never the same comic book series even when I wanted to follow the series ugh that was annoying

Reactions: 2
A beautiful tapestry to hang, of a naked girl with the chakra symbols seductively placed on her privates. The pics around her were wiccan, and a donkey of sorts with a very large penis.

I am Christian.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
A book stolen from a library from my BIL i met for the first time. Awkward.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My husband received a male Calvin Klein thong wrapped off his Nana. His brother and cousin got one each, and it’s considered his cousin is favourite because he got the box all 3 should have been in 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I can’t remember what it was - think it may of been a kindle - I asked my husband for for Christmas and got it but was secretly super excited about the jewellery sized box placed next to it too - until I opened it to find he’d wrapped up the charger. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This thread is brilliant.
When I was 14 I saved up my pocket money and bought my then boyfriend a Lionel Ritchie album for his Christmas present. His present in return was a box of milk tray for my WHOLE family. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This thread is gold! 🤣

My In laws gave me and my husband a hamper for christmas one year. The cheese was rank cos it hadn't been kept in the fridge and the jam was mouldy. Didn't appreciate the tin of pork in it either :sick: . It was all crap and most of it got thrown in the bin. I had got MIL an expensive handbag and bottle of champagne & FIL a really nice shirt and bottle of Jack Daniels! Wish I hadn't bothered!!

Reactions: 3
Not for me but for my daughter, a present she received from a classmate at her birthday party. A make your own wind chime kit, that had already been painted and put together !

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A second hand swimming costume off my father and stepmother, for Christmas, when I was 14 years old. My stepmother's son got a mobile phone which in 1995 was 🤑🤑
Yep, I felt so loved.

• Sad
  • Wow
Ok my husband also bought me Justin Bieber tickets when I was in my early twenties and gave them to me by way of a Justin Bieber t shirt 😂😂 like a t shirt for 10y/o fan kinda thing 😭

not a fan, and we sold the tickets 😂

Edited to add - pretty sure he pocketed the cash and never bought me anything. I wonder why I married him sometimes 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
My MIL is notorious for bad gifts

Knock off perfume & the spray part was broken
An open bottle of Tia Maria (never drank it before in my life) the label was half missing too
Another opened bottle of Baileys
Milk chocolate that had turned white & the best before date was Jan my birthday is June
My then 15 yr old got a ‘make your own windmill’ for his birthday!

Sometimes just wish she would shove £5 in a card & have done with it 😂

• Haha
Told my brother I liked his T-shirt and he gave it to me for my birthday not even washed, the year before was a Charlie spray

• Haha
I’m a teacher. I once received an end of year gift from one of my pupils - a pair of her mum’s used tights 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Remembered another one but not a present, my sisters are twins, they got a birthday card off our great grandma, opened it & it had been cut in half, one sister had the front of the card the other had the back, the card had a racing car on it, don’t know who got the worst bit?! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
My Nan, god bless her, is very old and can’t easily get to the shops. She really worries about people’s birthdays and Christmas even though all of her grandchildren are adults now but she will never see us go without a present. For Christmas last year I got a box of biscuits that had gone out of date 2 years ago😂😂 she’d obviously just routed round the house for something because she didn’t want to disappoint me with no present😂 every year now it’s a running joke of what my Nan will conjure up for us and who gets the worst present

• Sad
  • Heart
My MIL for my birthday got me a toad ornament for the garden. Last year she got me a kitchen roll holder with a big bird on the front which my husband stuck on the fire 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My mother did this for their 25 wedding anniversary
they threw a party for it and invited everyone and anyone
in their 17 photo albums im not in any of them (and my present that I saved for months to buy went to the charity shop the next day)
i might as well not have been there
there where no photos of me or my kids framed (or not) in their house
but tit tons of my brothers and their kids
i gave up and walked away
(my photo crazy in laws don’t have one of me with him but only cos we’ve not taken any for them)

That’s like my MIL house full of photos of her daughters kids we gave her a photo of our baby and she said what do I want that for.

😂😂😂 weirdos

• Wow
Reactions: 8
At work I received a massage gift card. I had it for a while and called the place to see if they expire and she said no. So I made the appointment and had my massage. When I gave them the gift card they said it had already been used....by the person who gave it to me.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21