West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got some tickets for Plaza Suite this morning in the pre sale, agree the prices are crazy. I’m booked for a Friday night in March and we have good seats at £200 each ( ouch) we are in the stalls but not at the front. Top price were £395 and £300. Sky high pricing but regardless I think it will be a sell out.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
What?! I signed up and got nothing, nothing in spam either. That's annoying
Neither did I.

Meh, not bothered at those prices! Plenty of other outstanding talent on the London stage that I can go and see over and over for the same money.

Especially when there's always a good chance that you'll turn up and the star names they've sold it on aren't on that night.

Reactions: 1
@Mark81 it shows a promo code on the ticket page, wonder if there’s somewhere to enter that on atg to access it? I think they also go on general sale tomorrow morning.

IMG_7647.jpeg

Does anyone know what happened to Ross William Wild, was he found guilty or innocent in the end? A quick google and I could only find articles on his trial, not the outcome. He has done theatre work in London before

I got some tickets for Plaza Suite this morning in the pre sale, agree the prices are crazy. I’m booked for a Friday night in March and we have good seats at £200 each ( ouch) we are in the stalls but not at the front. Top price were £395 and £300. Sky high pricing but regardless I think it will be a sell out.
Haha, did you know you've made it into the Guardian with this?! https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2...s-neil-simon-play-london-sarah-jessica-parker

(Also hi, generally a lurker on this thread) ❤

• Heart
duck off

If I wanted a wine flight I would go to a very decent restaurant where a properly trained sommelier would give me expertly chosen pairings with delicious food. Not £25/bottle Cloudy Bay tit that some Ambassador Theatre Group usher is throwing the same out to everybody night after night along with a terrible side view of the play :ROFLMAO:

1694851542716.png

lol the pushing of the tit wine continues throughout the checkout!

1694852474070.png

I've gone for cheap seats near the front of the Upper Circle, but let me tell you about the Savoy Theatre, the Upper Circle is actually at street level and has it's own level entrance right by the hotel entrance. The Stalls and Dress Circle are both down a terrible twisty narrow staircase down from street level with pokey little bars squeezed in and tiny corridors to the toilets. Good luck to the £300 ticket holders, they will all be sold to fools that see just the one show a year or something.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I'd rather all tickets were a bit more expensive with none of this ridiculous premium pricing to fund the PR 'bargain seats for £20' at the back of the gods.

I found a lion King ticket and it cosy me about £40 in 1999, or 2000. Same seat is now £150.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I'd rather all tickets were a bit more expensive with none of this ridiculous premium pricing to fund the PR 'bargain seats for £20' at the back of the gods.

I found a lion King ticket and it cosy me about £40 in 1999, or 2000. Same seat is now £150.
Just to add, according to an inflation calculator it would only be about £70 to £80 today...so more normal price.

Reactions: 2
Andrew Lloyd Webber has put up a TikTok saying an all new version of Starlight Express will be coming to London in June next year with a proper announcement to come out later today.

• Wow
Andrew Lloyd Webber has put up a TikTok saying an all new version of Starlight Express will be coming to London in June next year with a proper announcement to come out later today.
I saw something about this, apparently it’s a purpose built arena. I’m sure it said in the Wembley area. Will try and find it.

edit -
It has been announce that Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Starlight Express will make its triumphant return to London in the purpose-built, specially designed Starlight Auditorium at Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre from 8 June 2024.

So excited for this, it was the first musical my twin sister and I saw as children so we have a lot of sentimental attachment to it lol

I saw something about this, apparently it’s a purpose built arena. I’m sure it said in the Wembley area. Will try and find it.

edit -
It has been announce that Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Starlight Express will make its triumphant return to London in the purpose-built, specially designed Starlight Auditorium at Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre from 8 June 2024.
I think it will fit there really well. I saw Newsies there and it is a BARN so definitely a good size for a roller skating show!

• Heart
I think it will fit there really well. I saw Newsies there and it is a BARN so definitely a good size for a roller skating show!
I’ve never been there but will def book for this. I saw a scaled back version in my local theatre around 10 years ago and it was incredible. Can’t wait to see it again.

Me and my family are looking forward to seeing Starlight Express when it gets brought back! My parents and sister managed to see it a few times as a proper stage show and I got to see it once in its full format when it was last in London. The touring version with the 3D screens just didn't work the same.

• Heart
The original production opened on the day my OH was born- on its tenth anniversary, loads of kids who shared that birthday were invited to the show and given T-shirts- he’s still got his! Shame they’re not opening this new production on 27 March again- it would be its 40th anniversary.

Reactions: 2
Speaking of Bradley, his estranged wife Olivia has been putting up cryptic quotes on Instagram. She is obviously hurting 🙁

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.