West End Gossip #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me! It's BRILLIANT! I love the film and was a bit nervous that Mrs Doubtfire couldn't live up to the one played by Robin Williams, but the lead actor did an AMAZING job. There are some updates / modern references in it, which were hilarious. We're going to see it again in July.
Awesome, thank you! Not gonna lie, I have a trip booked to SF in September/October and it's on my list to visit the house in Steiner Street from the movie.

Will definitely give it a book for when I'm in London in November.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Awesome, thank you! Not gonna lie, I have a trip booked to SF in September/October and it's on my list to visit the house in Steiner Street from the movie.

Will definitely give it a book for when I'm in London in November.
I enjoyed it but wouldn’t go back again. The 2 leads were incredible and how they did the transition was amazing. I’m glad I saw it and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it too but it’s not a must see for me or one I’ll rave about.
---
I agree with that tbf and I don't mean to defend the actors at all

Thats the internet for you ig
The child’s mother is reportedly saying it’s been rough, yet actors are defending it still. I see terms like snowflake being banded around and people can’t take a joke. If people who know the children are saying the children are upset shouldn’t everyone be taking this seriously, not doubling down on their actions even though they don’t have ill intent?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Shocked (but probably shouldn't be) that Theatreboard have shut down discussion about the Legally Blonde Tiktok trend controversy.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I saw Stranger Things last night, bloody hell that was long and drawn out. Nice special effects and the main guy was good, that's about the only good thing I have to say about it, the rest could have done with some serious editing and trimming!

Had forgotten how dreadful that theatre is for toilet provision (for males anyway!) and curses upon the venue management for selling large tubs of popcorn. nearly all of the second half I had to suffer a woman noisily snuffling her way through what seemed to be an endless vat without a care for the rest of the rear stalls, constant noise from her trotter diving in to the tub and pushing the contents round and round and then chomping noise every so often :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ll never understand why theatres sell popcorn and crisps. I saw Back to the Future recently and had the added sound effects crunch crunch crunch from the audience.

I saw Stranger Things last night, bloody hell that was long and drawn out. Nice special effects and the main guy was good, that's about the only good thing I have to say about it, the rest could have done with some serious editing and trimming!

Had forgotten how dreadful that theatre is for toilet provision (for males anyway!) and curses upon the venue management for selling large tubs of popcorn. nearly all of the second half I had to suffer a woman noisily snuffling her way through what seemed to be an endless vat without a care for the rest of the rear stalls, constant noise from her trotter diving in to the tub and pushing the contents round and round and then chomping noise every so often :mad:
If I had my way all food and drink would be banned from inside theatres. By all means stuff your face during the interval but not during the show. Absolute pet hate!

Reactions: 12

Had similar at Plaza Suite a few weeks back, only this time, it was the rustling of sweet wrappers, probably Wurthers looking at the mean age of the audience!

Had similar at Plaza Suite a few weeks back, only this time, it was the rustling of sweet wrappers, probably Wurthers looking at the mean age of the audience!
And I find people seem to try to open sweets or rustle crisps slowly as if to avoid making noise but they just end up prolonging the agony for us all.

• Haha
Somebody sat next to me with a full carrier bag of snacks at Blood Brothers…everyone’s crying and they’re sat rustling and chomping! 🙈

• Angry
Agree re drinking and snacking. Went to see Plaza Suite and couple in row in front had a bottle of champagne in the first half, then second half more champagne and a large popcorn. It’s annoying enough in the cinema with people snacking but in the theatre it’s not on. It brings in so much revenue though I doubt it will stop.

Agree re drinking and snacking. Went to see Plaza Suite and couple in row in front had a bottle of champagne in the first half, then second half more champagne and a large popcorn. It’s annoying enough in the cinema with people snacking but in the theatre it’s not on. It brings in so much revenue though I doubt it will stop.
at least in the cinema I find that people generally tuck in during the ads and trailers and are done with it by the time the feature starts, either they've finished it or they're bored of it. Plus the cinema is generally loud and the people more spaced out. Whereas at Stranger Things last night the dialogue parts are all quite quiet, and you're packed in like sardines as every seat is taken.

I’ll never understand why theatres sell popcorn and crisps. I saw Back to the Future recently and had the added sound effects crunch crunch crunch from the audience.
I had an atrocious experience at BTTF - had used a theatre token to sit front stalls and was joined by a straight couple who got drunker and louder as the show progressed.
The guy started filming(!!!) the beginning of Act II and his date became so drunk she was laughing a good 3-4 seconds after the rest of the audience, over the next lines of dialogue… was praying the cast didn’t think I was with them 🙃

• Wow
  • Sad
Audiences have definitely changed since covid, I think. I’m totally in agreement with the whole food situation. I don’t want sit next to someone munching popcorn, coughing when it gets stuck, so then slurping a drink. Or opening sour cream Pringles, and wafting them around! If I take anything to eat in the theatre, it’s always something without a wrapper, and I eat during the interval!

I do like that you can take a drink into the theatre these days (I swigged too many interval wines in record time in the past as you couldn't take them back in with you) but I agree about the noisy food. When I was a kid it was strictly an ice cream in the interval only, you would never have dreamt at eating food in the auditorium. My Dad (massive theatre goer/bit of a thespian!!) would have been horrified if I had produced a packet of crisps (or anyone around him) and would have removed them from me promptly.

I do like that you can take a drink into the theatre these days (I swigged too many interval wines in record time in the past as you couldn't take them back in with you) but I agree about the noisy food. When I was a kid it was strictly an ice cream in the interval only, you would never have dreamt at eating food in the auditorium. My Dad (massive theatre goer/bit of a thespian!!) would have been horrified if I had produced a packet of crisps (or anyone around him) and would have removed them from me promptly.
See that's one I'm dead against. I hate how people now swish about with full cups, tipping them.dangerously over the row in front as they try to get passed. Plus it just adds to alcohol fuelled behaviour.

I don't have anything against sweets in theatre as long as you open bag at the start. Agree on crisps and pop corn.

Perfumes and aftershaves are another annoyance if you've doused yourself in them.

Reactions: 7
You even had to sneak water in though back in the day and if it's a long sit that's not always great for everyone. More bottles of water equals less sweet wrappers rustling!

Reactions: 4
Anyone got Tickets to see Mean Girls yet, seems to be selling well!
My daughter loves the original film and is desperate to see this
---

Shame you didn't enjoy ST. We absolutely loved it and seeing it again with better seats in a couple of weeks.

Absolutely food should be banned now. If people can't survive a couple of hours without eating well...I despair 😡 See a doctor or something. Maybe it's worms 🙄😡

I agree with others. We used to survive shows without constant booze and food. If you can’t last the run time of an act without either then I’d suggest you need to speak to a professional. I’m actively put off shows now because people have forgotten how to behave.

Reactions: 5