West End Gossip #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't seen Matilda on stage but felt the same when I saw the recent musical film version - only like 1 of the songs was fun and I didn't feel the warmth which the original film had more of.

Reactions: 4
I haven't seen Matilda on stage but felt the same when I saw the recent musical film version - only like 1 of the songs was fun and I didn't feel the warmth which the original film had more of.
Yeah the movie version of the musical was even worse

Can Johannes sing? Lola’s got some big numbers in there. I quite liked the show, got lucky in the TodayTix lottery a couple of times but never would have paid full price.
I can remember him saying in an interview that he can't sing, I really hope he doesn't mime and they have just used his dance and celebrity status to sell tickets.

I love Kinky Boots but I refuse to buy a ticket until I know he can sing, as Lola needs one hell of a voice!

I can remember him saying in an interview that he can't sing, I really hope he doesn't mime and they have just used his dance and celebrity status to sell tickets.

I love Kinky Boots but I refuse to buy a ticket until I know he can sing, as Lola needs one hell of a voice!
Wow really? I wonder if there is evidence of that anywhere 😆

Seems like Summer is going the controversial rant route these days.

Why now? It's not like it's a current show. She even mentions the original, so she's not even talking about the most recent production.

If its true then obviously its not great, but she only seems to have done this type of ranting since her roles dried up.

Screenshot_20240413_071528_Google.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Seems like Summer is going the controversial rant route these days.

Why now? It's not like it's a current show. She even mentions the original, so she's not even talking about the most recent production.

If its true then obviously its not great, but she only seems to have done this type of ranting since her roles dried up.

View attachment 2872305
“Let’s call it out”. Yes let’s. At the time. Otherwise what’s the point?

Reactions: 7
Also it’s not your experience to call out, and making this sort of vague statement does far more harm than good because it’s so unclear who or what she’s even calling out. Who is her allegation against? Has she been given the permission of friends who presumably confided in her privately to make this public…?

Reactions: 8
Oh I loved Matilda when I saw it!
Saw Starlight Express many moons ago and enjoyed that too.
Was in London a few weeks ago for The Book of Mormon and noticed the Two Strangers show. Would be interested to know what it’s like too.

Reactions: 2
Saw Come From Away tour this week. WOW!! What a show!! Haven't loved a show like this in many years. Preferred it to the hyped Hamilton tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Saw Come From Away tour this week. WOW!! What a show!! Haven't loved a show like this in many years. Preferred it to the hyped Hamilton tbh
It's definitely an amazing show! Me and mum saw it in London and the dragged my dad to the tour last week.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The first show I saw back after lockdown! I was in tears from the first drum! What a show! And what a story!

Reactions: 3
I think I must be the only person who hates Hamilton. It must be because I loathe rap music and I've only seen it on Disney+ but it wouldn't make me buy a ticket to see the live version.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think I must be the only person who hates Hamilton. It must be because I loathe rap music and I've only seen it on Disney+ but it wouldn't make me buy a ticket to see the live version.
I enjoyed Hamilton, although its a bit long. But I didn't think it lived up to the hype.

Just watching the pro shot of Come from away on apple tv and the UK tour cast is better in my view.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone follow, or seen, the Shaun Tossell/Theatre Fan blog?

Its such an odd, bordering pointless blog. Majority of his stuff he takes from online forums, constantly uses 'has been rumoured' with no insight into sources or how the rumours came about. And then yesterday he hilariously posts about a Moulin rouge uk and international tour that the show itself confirmed almost a week ago. It's almost like a parody of a bad blog at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He's the guy that fangirls pretty much *everything*, right? Presumably so he can keep getting free handouts. Or am I thinking of Mickey Jo Theatre?

Either way no credibility, so no.

• Haha