West End Gossip #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is incredible! I did standing last year with one friend, so immersive it's incredible! I've booked for June with my 2 oldest friends. How was it seated? I imagined just getting jealous of the standing people (obvs not for anyone who can't stand for that long)
I have sat in the upper level and it was great. I thought before I went that I would be wanting to stand on the floor. But after seeing how often you are moved around I know that personally I would have found that frustrating and distracting so not for me I think

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have sat in the upper level and it was great. I thought before I went that I would be wanting to stand on the floor. But after seeing how often you are moved around I know that personally I would have found that frustrating and distracting so not for me I think
I completely understand that. I loved being moved round to fit the stage. And got a hand out from the march which I've kept 😂
It's great they can cater for everyone

I completely understand that. I loved being moved round to fit the stage. And got a hand out from the march which I've kept 😂
It's great they can cater for everyone
My husband and I did standing and ended up in the Hot Box seats for Take Back your Mink. Was a hoot! He was delighted.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone been to the West End Flea Market? Do the shows sell their regular show merchandise too or is it just collectible things like props?

Has anyone been to the West End Flea Market? Do the shows sell their regular show merchandise too or is it just collectible things like props?
It’s all sorts, some have regular merch but it’s mostly random bit of props, sets, costumes, anything found around the venue that isn’t used any more and can be sold for charity. You find some cool stuff there if you’re a big fan of certain shows tbh. Popped in a few times and it’s been fun, I think Mis were close to selling off the barricade last year by the looks of all the stuff on their stall. I picked up a ticket of leave keyring (it had a ripped up piece used in the prologue in it) which was fun! Wouldn’t get that anywhere else

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It’s all sorts, some have regular merch but it’s mostly random bit of props, sets, costumes, anything found around the venue that isn’t used any more and can be sold for charity. You find some cool stuff there if you’re a big fan of certain shows tbh. Popped in a few times and it’s been fun, I think Mis were close to selling off the barricade last year by the looks of all the stuff on their stall. I picked up a ticket of leave keyring (it had a ripped up piece used in the prologue in it) which was fun! Wouldn’t get that anywhere else
Thanks. Happen to be around that weekend so wanted to know if it was worth it as heard both getting early bird tickets or queuing on the day and getting in is quite difficult (not as bad as West End Live but that’s a different level of queuing)

Thanks. Happen to be around that weekend so wanted to know if it was worth it as heard both getting early bird tickets or queuing on the day and getting in is quite difficult (not as bad as West End Live but that’s a different level of queuing)
I’d definitely recommend getting there early as possible. I’d hoped they would change locations this year as it was so crowded the past couple of years!

if you get there a short while after it opens you probably won’t have to queue - we didn’t! just walked straight in, very busy inside though

Just booked tickets to see Two Strangers (Carry a Cake Around New York) at The Criterion. Did anyone see it at The Kiln? I love Sam Tutty's voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've seen the pro shot of the original London production, can't say I found it overlay impressive as a musical. All the songs were quite samey with awful lyrics

Reactions: 1
Can Johannes sing? Lola’s got some big numbers in there. I quite liked the show, got lucky in the TodayTix lottery a couple of times but never would have paid full price.

Apparently this is a new production, and it's going to some small venues...so I'm a bit worried how scaled back it's going to be

I've seen the pro shot of the original London production, can't say I found it overlay impressive as a musical. All the songs were quite samey with awful lyrics
Can I get on my “Matilda was ROBBED at the Tonys” soapbox now? 😅 You have a deftly-woven Minchin score, where the 6-year-old sings an 11 o’clock number about the improbabilty of life and how miraculous it is to exist in the world… against “Everybody say yeah, yeah yeah yeah” 🙃

(Thank you for indulging me, yes I am still bitter) 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can I get on my “Matilda was ROBBED at the Tonys” soapbox now? 😅 You have a deftly-woven Minchin score, where the 6-year-old sings an 11 o’clock number about the improbabilty of life and how miraculous it is to exist in the world… against “Everybody say yeah, yeah yeah yeah” 🙃

(Thank you for indulging me, yes I am still bitter) 😅
Or, 'Charlie' repeated a million times lol

• Haha
The accents on the Broadway cast recording are also quite something. How Annaleigh Ashford ever got cast as a Brit - let alone twice - I will never know.

The accents on the Broadway cast recording are also quite something. How Annaleigh Ashford ever got cast as a Brit - let alone twice - I will never know.
Her Mrs Lovett is awful and downright bizarre. I don't get the hype for her at all
---
I'm not a fan of matilda, I find it quite a cold musical that's hard to warm to. But creativily it's vastly superior to Kinky Boots

I can't comment on Kinky Boots as I haven't seen it, but I didn't enjoy Matilda when I saw it in as a touring musical. Went to see it as it had good reviews and ended up being as disappointing as Spring Awakening and Shrek.