West End Gossip #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
no idea. had zero interest in seeing a bad pop singer tackle anything
---

oh Two Strangers is GLORIOUS!
She's classically trained, IIRC.

I was never a fan of her during her pop career days but I saw her in Cats in 2014 and thought she was incredible (the reimagined rapping Rum Tum Tugger not so much!) and there is also this, which I have watched many times:

Reactions: 4
She's classically trained, IIRC.

I was never a fan of her during her pop career days but I saw her in Cats in 2014 and thought she was incredible (the reimagined rapping Rum Tum Tugger not so much!) and there is also this, which I have watched many times:

I really don't enjoy when she does these classical performances, to me I can see her concentrating to hit those notes and she isn't an actress. She basically played an exaggerated version of herself in sunset and cats isnt exactly an acting challengem

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I really don't enjoy when she does these classical performances, to me I can see her concentrating to hit those notes and she isn't an actress. She basically played an exaggerated version of herself in sunset and cats isnt exactly an acting challengem
I respect your opinion.

That's the difference between here and the likes of theatreboard. I've never even bothered posting on theatreboard because people can't cope with different points of view, it's sad.

Reactions: 4
I respect your opinion.

That's the difference between here and the likes of theatreboard. I've never even bothered posting on theatreboard because people can't cope with different points of view, it's sad.
Completely, I have friends who love her classical so you're definitely not alone haha

Reactions: 3
So what’s this about Operation Mincemeat changing how you get tickets? There’s a lot of disgruntled “mincefluencers” (🤢) appearing on my FYP claiming that it’s now harder to get tickets and they’re more expensive?

• Wow
So what’s this about Operation Mincemeat changing how you get tickets? There’s a lot of disgruntled “mincefluencers” (🤢) appearing on my FYP claiming that it’s now harder to get tickets and they’re more expensive?
As far as I understand it, you now have to enter a ballot to get the chance to book tickets for the Monday-Thursday shows and every seat is £90??

Very happy to be corrected by someone who is more au fait with what’s happening/can shed any other light!

• Wow
  • Angry
As far as I understand it, you now have to enter a ballot to get the chance to book tickets for the Monday-Thursday shows and every seat is £90??

Very happy to be corrected by someone who is more au fait with what’s happening/can shed any other light!
I think the ballot used to be only for the Monday shows but now includes Tuesdays and Saturdays too. From what I can see (as I had a “winning” ballot link yesterday), the prices are the same in that Monday is £39.50 and Saturday £89.50 with the other nights increasing as the week goes on. I’ve not seen it yet as I disagree with their pricing concept which penalises those who don’t live in London and therefore can really only go at weekends (the most expensive days) and that every seat is the same price regardless of where you sit. I suspect the ballot is a con anyway and just lets anyone who is registered get earlier access in each booking period. I’ve got a ticket which I booked a while back for September when I’m in town during the week as wanted to go for the cheapest option on principle.

There goes me ever even thinking of trying to see this show.

I despise ballot entries for anything but for theatre it's especially enraging. First come first served means that people who at least really want to see a show have a fair shot.

Theatre behaving like this is why I have come to rely on bootlegs and don't feel the slightest bit sorry. It's not the same as experiencing a hsow in person but at least I still get to see it and don't have to deal with such disgusting eltist gatekeeping.

Reactions: 7
There goes me ever even thinking of trying to see this show.

I despise ballot entries for anything but for theatre it's especially enraging. First come first served means that people who at least really want to see a show have a fair shot.

Theatre behaving like this is why I have come to rely on bootlegs and don't feel the slightest bit sorry. It's not the same as experiencing a hsow in person but at least I still get to see it and don't have to deal with such disgusting eltist gatekeeping.
Ballots also heavily favour locals

Reactions: 6

wow i paid under £20 (cant recall exact price we have a social club thing at work that gets us dirt cheap tickets- usually under £20 eg Nye cost us £8) and I still think that was over priced and want my money back
---
god i wish i'd seen this show. After the lockdowns they were advertising tickets for £20 to get you back in in person... i went to the website.. nothing lower than £125

• Heart
This seems to have taken ages to come to trial

He was part of london theatre scene for quite a while in wwry etc

I know him well, have him on fb and insta (although that’s public) - keeps posting how he’s innocent etc and not to believe it all. His dad is high up lawyer so I expect his defence to be pretty amazing. But I’m following it closely and will go to court next week

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Not sure his social media is going to help him looking at his hashtags. Reminds me a bit of Stephen Bear acting the big one.

Bernadette Peters doing a gig in London. Ticket prices predictably astronomical. I know people have to be paid and that's fine but theatre is just so inaccessible for so many at the moment and it's a bloody travesty.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Bernadette Peters doing a gig in London. Ticket prices predictably astronomical. I know people have to be paid and that's fine but theatre is just so inaccessible for so many at the moment and it's a bloody travesty.
She was in the Sondheim Old Friends tribute for months, I didn't see the fuss over her.