West End Gossip #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bernadette Peters doing a gig in London. Ticket prices predictably astronomical. I know people have to be paid and that's fine but theatre is just so inaccessible for so many at the moment and it's a bloody travesty.
I wanted to see the Patti LuPone concert next year but yeah not at those prices.

Reactions: 1
Controversial opinion, I don't consider Patti Lupones noise as singing lol
I always feel like it’s the Emperors New Clothes with Patti. So many people have gone on about how good she is that I was meant to just agree even though my ears said otherwise!

Reactions: 4
I can handle both Bernadette and Patti in small doses but a whole concert of either of them would be hard to get through… so much nasality, so much vibrato.

Reactions: 4
Controversial opinion, I don't consider Patti Lupones noise as singing lol
OMG, me too. I have never been able to listen to her and the one time I said I didn't like her voice and found it screechy, I was ripped to shreds. The one time I enjoyed her performance was at this event:

It's the only time I've seen/heard her give a softer edge to her role and I really liked it. It's not enough to move me to forgive her for totally ruining Fantine's bits on the original London cast recordings of Les Mis though!

Reactions: 2
Starlight express is completely that ceebee person on theatreboard new show that they must gatekeep and defend. Every negative review gets a return comment from them

Starlight express is completely that ceebee person on theatreboard new show that they must gatekeep and defend. Every negative review gets a return comment from them
They are an insufferable bellend. I can't stand the mods there either, it all has to be very happy clappy or they delete stuff but the way they are letting ceebee run the show on that Starlight thread is ridiculous. Grow some balls and accept that people are entitled to an opinion, especially if they are paying through the nose for theatre tickets to see the show in the first place. As long as nobody directly insults the performers, what's the problem?

Reactions: 3
So Ian McKellen fell off the front of the stage this evening (he seems to be OK, WOS has a statement from the producers saying he's resting and they've cancelled tomorrow's show so he can continue to rest - https://www.whatsonstage.com/news/p...-update-following-ian-mckellen-fall_1606663/?).

But the Daily Mail story about the incident reads like they just went to their pre-prepared obituary files and have published their one for him in its entirety? It's got a shedload of pictures and details of his entire career, as if he had died? Were they hoping he did die and then they would have just edited the headline and left the mega near-obituary article as it was?

(archive link)

• Wow
Reactions: 1