Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t recall ever doing a marathon as a ‘training run’ for a 70.3 so I’m calling bs on that one. Also do not understand this obsession with always choosing races so far from home. There must be a dozen local races?! Utterly baffles me to be fair.
If you're looking at any events that weekend less than a 6.5 hour drive away (Lydney to Edinburgh is 6 hours 25 and 358 miles away according to google maps) and over a half distance she could have chosen:

The 'May We Challenge You' event in Exmouth (103 miles)
Suntime, Runtime by ZigZag events in Hinchingbrooke (150 miles but a quick route so just over 2 hours from theirs, have run with these guys a couple of times and their events are immaculate, fully recommend btw)
Phoenix Running's 'We're All Mad Here' event (in Sunbury upon Thames, 132 miles but in central London so a longer 2.5 hours drive)
Race The Tide trail 'long marathon' (extra miles for more blindness :cool:) 140 miles in Plymouth

If she'd just wanted a May marathon, there were several on the early bank holiday weekend, including Milton Keynes, Richmond, Exmoor, Cannock Chase...

She could have done Bristol half today as a half ironman training run, an hour from where she lives, good for spectators who can hang out at the harbour side and plenty going on for families. But she's got this mindset that only marathons count. Even though she fails every time at her mara goals and isn't getting any faster at them over countless attempts.
Is she down to do Valencia in December, or is that Tits?
ETA - I forgot about Chicago, are they both doing that or just one of them? The amount of races they do which involve foreign or long distance travel is insane.
There's also Worcester Marathon, Half and 10k which is actually on today - 1 hr from Lydney, the Stroud trails event (55 minutes from Lydney) on last weekend, and a lovely sounding trail marathon through the Wye Valley (also on today) which is a mere 33 minutes from their home!

Reactions: 5
All those events sound great, but as well as being obsessed by marathons she only seems to like doing the big well known events. It's almost as if she thinks anything less doesn't count!

If you're looking at any events that weekend less than a 6.5 hour drive away (Lydney to Edinburgh is 6 hours 25 and 358 miles away according to google maps) and over a half distance she could have chosen:

The 'May We Challenge You' event in Exmouth (103 miles)
Suntime, Runtime by ZigZag events in Hinchingbrooke (150 miles but a quick route so just over 2 hours from theirs, have run with these guys a couple of times and their events are immaculate, fully recommend btw)
Phoenix Running's 'We're All Mad Here' event (in Sunbury upon Thames, 132 miles but in central London so a longer 2.5 hours drive)
Race The Tide trail 'long marathon' (extra miles for more blindness :cool:) 140 miles in Plymouth

If she'd just wanted a May marathon, there were several on the early bank holiday weekend, including Milton Keynes, Richmond, Exmoor, Cannock Chase...

There's also Worcester Marathon, Half and 10k which is actually on today - 1 hr from Lydney, the Stroud trails event (55 minutes from Lydney) on last weekend, and a lovely sounding trail marathon through the Wye Valley (also on today) which is a mere 33 minutes from their home!
Stroud trails was my first marathon. Some of the climbs would def. cause blindness.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
All those events sound great, but as well as being obsessed by marathons she only seems to like doing the big well known events. It's almost as if she thinks anything less doesn't count!
I agree. It’s like that annoying thing when people think doing all 6 Majors is a huge achievement. Nah mate, you’re just rich. They’re the same distance as all other marathons (and usually flatter)

Reactions: 6
I did the Worcester marathon today. My vision went weird about 23 miles in and I thought of Kels. Thankfully I’m not blind 😥

• Heart
How can two people with all the children go on a nearly 4 hour bike ride on a Sunday?...

• Wow
How can two people with all the children go on a nearly 4 hour bike ride on a Sunday?...
My thoughts exactly. Any juggle she claims on her SM is absolute bolloxs. I'm assuming her eldest is looking after the others. Could they not ride when Harri is at nursery? Even then a luxury most parents of younger children don't get as they will be both be working when they have child care usually.

Reactions: 7
Instead of predicting her marathon time for next week can we just tweak it a little and predict what mile she will go blind?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
she only seems to like doing the big well known events. It's almost as if she thinks anything less doesn't count!
Smaller events build their reputation upon the strength of their event and the community that builds.
The organisers know that our Kels and Toothy are a joke and if they gifted them places, it would undermine their standing.

KelTooth aren’t going to pay to enter these events themselves.

I’ve just had this thread pop up on Twitter - going to be honest and say I’ve only skimmed it and have no idea of the credentials of the poster, but it cracked me up as it made me think of Tits. I’ve linked the thread at the bottom of my post, but the screenshot here sums up exactly what he is doing related to lactate testing!

1716280378383.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3