Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't have a lot of context for tris as I've never wanted to do one (don't mind swimming, don't ever want to open water swim though and I hate riding a bike) - isn't 6 minutes a very long time for a swim to bike transition?
in a sprint YES you just need to go! But she probably hasn’t practised transitions and getting wetsuits off etc it is an art.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone get her story? Is she saying she swam in fact 1.2km???
That’s what she said. And her post was all about things that went wrong. So either she didn’t pay attention and swam the wrong course or she’s lying to cover up how bad she is at swimming.

Reactions: 5
I can’t see her story but that doesn’t make sense - she can’t have done what the swimmers were doing for the longer swim as they swam 1.9 km ?! So how did she manage to do 1200m?! She didn’t did she?! She’s just trying to cover up a tit swim. 🤣
and for arguments sake even if she DID swim 1200 metres- it still took her 45 mins which still means she’d be unlikely to make the cut off point at Swansea??
So bets on.
Is it going to be a DNS for her with a cryptic hospital boomerang the night before
OR
She’ll attempt it but won’t make the cut off point because of a diabetes related emergency which means she loses her sight but still battles in bravely to the end of the swim despite not being able to see a SINGLE thing in the water

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Some sleuthing on strava and appears the swim courses were completely screwed up. 1.2k for the sprint and 3.2k for the half! Holy crap I’d have been beyond fuming!
---
And the ‘1.9k’ was two laps, I’d have probably thought it was wrong and tried to get on the bike after one lap 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Someone comments that the ‘buoys moved apparently’. This actually happened to me in a one lap 1.9k swim in Ireland a few years ago, a lot of people, especially the slower swimmers swam a lot further as one of the buoys came untethered. It is hella demoralising, especially when the conditions are choppy and I think I was only a few hundred metres long. So to be fair for a first sea swim race to be that much longer, at least she kept going!

She could prob do ok with a job in PR cos she loves spinning stuff! I just think entering an Ironman / half Ironman is hilarious. I mean ultimately it’s a mix of pure ignorance and arrogance cos if you’re struggling to get round a “sprint” course how can that translate to a 70.3 in the same area a few weeks later 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She could prob do ok with a job in PR cos she loves spinning stuff! I just think entering an Ironman / half Ironman is hilarious. I mean ultimately it’s a mix of pure ignorance and arrogance cos if you’re struggling to get round a “sprint” course how can that translate to a 70.3 in the same area a few weeks later 🤡
The Swansea 70.3 bike course will chew her up and spit her out if she makes it out of the swim on time.

Did we confirm she's def on the start list for Swansea? Or was it jus vague "70.3" hashtags? She said she was going to do a tri, she's publicly ticked that box now. I wouldn't be surprised if she DNFs and just never mentions it again. She'll hopefully realise now a 70.3 in a few weeks (with a mara in between) is insane?
I forget, this is Kel's who thinks a BQ is round the corner when she's taken years to get to a 4hr mara...

Reactions: 6
Did we confirm she's def on the start list for Swansea? Or was it jus vague "70.3" hashtags? She said she was going to do a tri, she's publicly ticked that box now. I wouldn't be surprised if she DNFs and just never mentions it again. She'll hopefully realise now a 70.3 in a few weeks (with a mara in between) is insane?
I forget, this is Kel's who thinks a BQ is round the corner when she's taken years to get to a 4hr mara...
I think she shared an Ironman confirmation email

Reactions: 1
For anyone blocked… hope she tackles the Ironman in a better way and doesn’t wait til the week before to start swim training
Thank you from a blocked person! She’s lucky she got through that swim in one piece from the sounds of it! Poor from the organisers!

Reactions: 2
I frankly don't think she will make it to the start line.
She must be lining up her excuses already.

I frankly don't think she will make it to the start line.
She must be lining up her excuses already.
She has lots of work to do on her swim. If you are reading kels, I would highly recommend a group coaching session to help with technique over the winter so you are good to go for the following season, this kind of thing has transformed my swimming

Reactions: 2