Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #15 The most hard-working, full-time clowns out there

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
---
Am I right in saying that Edinburgh starts with a downhill section?
[/QUOTE]
Yep, it’s actually a really shit course IMO. Starts in the city centre, downhill for the first section then pretty flat after that but dull AF. Plus there’s ALWAYS a headwind last 6 miles - you know, the bit where she usually goes blind! Crowd support is poor a lot of it too, as it’s basically in the middle of nowhere. It’s not the big city marathon people often expect it to be

Reactions: 6
Yep, it’s actually a really shit course IMO. Starts in the city centre, downhill for the first section then pretty flat after that but dull AF. Plus there’s ALWAYS a headwind last 6 miles - you know, the bit where she usually goes blind! Crowd support is poor a lot of it too, as it’s basically in the middle of nowhere. It’s not the big city marathon people often expect it to be
[/QUOTE]
I have done the half and that's the nicer half of the race, crowd support was practically nonexistent as it was an 8am start on a Sunday morning, there was one wee girl running alongside us telling us she wanted to run it one day.

Reactions: 2
I can’t wait for the footage of tits stood on the hill at mile two saying how’s she’s on for a BQ as she’s just shot past with her vision at 20/20 levels

Reactions: 9
Wonder what happens in 16+ mins of good old elapsed time? Just standing in the road chewing the fat with dad? In the middle of a training run perhaps she could pop round to his house if she wants to catch up. Poor kids spending bank holiday cheering mum doing a training jog. Deary me

Reactions: 10
Yeah, Edinburgh is tougher than people think because 1) you always go too fast on the downhill section which is never great at the start of a marathon 2) it's out and back 3) it's low on support 4) mile 17/18 sees a gravel section where your dreams can disappear down the pot holes and 5) final section in to the wind

She is going to die!!!

Reactions: 7
Sums it up perfectly!

Reactions: 3
Is this why Kirsty said already she will just run for fun with no goal?

Reactions: 5
I thought the course and crowd support at Edinburgh was really good tbh though the only other marathon I've had any involvement in was Chester and that course is wank, with hardly any support.

Anyone fancy a watch party? Essential kit for attendance includes;

- Thong (partners preferred)
- Lactate test strips
- Slab of cake for after the event (group run style - nutrition. on. point.)
- White stick and guide dog
- Don't worry about anything for hydration or carb loading - this isn't important, a bottle of coke will do.
- 3 missing teeth
- A pile of your finest kitchen clutter and unwashed dishes

Am I missing anything?

Reactions: 12
Partner on a bike next to you yelling “want it”

Reactions: 8
3 missing teeth has me

Don’t forget to make your children watch it too, weekends are not for them, it’s for your hobbies.

Reactions: 7
These are hilarious!

Make sure you’re dripping head to toe in Buff gear that you won’t wear ever again after the party .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.