Welshrunner, kelloggsontherun #12 Why so serious? Not off to war. It's all relative, let's bonk some more.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's OK to not be a marathon runner, I know she'll never accept that but I'm sure shorter stuff is more for her. I really don't understand the desire to do more than one marathon a year, I'd maybe consider two if I didn't have younger children but I'm not sure even that would be worth it. I'm not a huge fan of racing anyway to be fair but certainly not multiple massive events in a year, even if I didn't have to pay for them I wouldn't do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's OK to not be a marathon runner, I know she'll never accept that but I'm sure shorter stuff is more for her. I really don't understand the desire to do more than one marathon a year, I'd maybe consider two if I didn't have younger children but I'm not sure even that would be worth it. I'm not a huge fan of racing anyway to be fair but certainly not multiple massive events in a year, even if I didn't have to pay for them I wouldn't do it.
One marathon every few years is enough for me, I genuinely can't fathom being in a constant training cycle. It's exhausting. I'm 10 days out from marathon number 3 and can't see myself doing another one for at least a few years, fitting the training in has been a real chore.

Reactions: 10
It’s not just the physical toll, it’s the mental aspect too. The constant training, the ruminating over every niggle after each run and the potential impact of those niggles on the next race, the anxiety leading up to each race and then the mental exhaustion afterwards.

Surely that will be taking emotional energy from their parenting capabilities?

If we look at the physical time away, the lack of trips for the kids and the mental drain all this racing is causing, it leads to a very sad outcome.

Reactions: 10
Everything stated here is true. I am so consumed with running whilst in a training cycle. My family gets annoyed with me talking about it. How to squeeze a run in. Up at 4am on weekends to not take away from family time. And it's just me. I can't IMAGINE what it's like when BOTH parents are doing it. And not just one or two races a year. Like once a month. And people call her inspirational. bleeping nightmare couple and terrible selfish parents. Now I'm getting angry 😂😡

Reactions: 17
Everything stated here is true. I am so consumed with running whilst in a training cycle. My family gets annoyed with me talking about it. How to squeeze a run in. Up at 4am on weekends to not take away from family time. And it's just me. I can't IMAGINE what it's like when BOTH parents are doing it. And not just one or two races a year. Like once a month. And people call her inspirational. bleeping nightmare couple and terrible selfish parents. Now I'm getting angry 😂😡
It’s a bit of a stretch calling him a parent tbh. He’s only there for the child benefit £££.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
duck multiple marathons a year. One in a lifetime was more than enough thank you very much. Sticking to the shorter distances now.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thou shall never forget the days I saw her on 2 separate occasions, in particular Lonon where she cried her bleeping eyes out across the line with tits because she was so utterly unhappy. Same again at Manchester. And it was unhappiness, I’ve been there and it’s a waste of time and energy. She isn’t happy doing this.

Reactions: 9
She's aiming for a goal that sadly may be beyond her reach, so it must be gutting to fail repeatedly :-(

Reassess, aim for a sub-4 marathon, or a faster half, or a faster 10k, or an ultra at any speed...all these are achievable goals worth working towards, stop throwing everything towards a BQ!

Reactions: 8
The only ones she appeared ‘happy’ at was the ones she did in her pre tit days - where she was just doing them in her own time and speed and not aiming for a BQ.
every attempt since doesn’t seem to be a happy existence-even her Pb one - as let’s be honest if tits wasn’t dragging her round- she’d have quite and done her usual walking. As the PB one with tits was filled with coughing fits and stopping.
The rest have been disasters filled with tears and disappointment as she’s not done what she thinks she’s capable of .
Will she ever admit it’s beyond her reach or just keep going at the expense of her health and her children?!

Reactions: 6
Runnerof4 has done a post and story about recovery and resting after a marathon. It can’t be a coincidence.

I have a feeling the Welloggs bubble is about to burst.

(if it stops us seeing Greggs on repeat then thank f***.)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
JFC Kelly is doing anything but rest. Since she returned home she's done 2 runs of 6 miles each, a zwift session and a strength session. She's clearly back in the "throw the kitchen sink at it" training mode she gets in in the weeks before every mara attempt.
So much for nothing but my crew and a brew for the foreseeable!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
You’re a lot to do with it, you lying, hiding, disingenuous POS. Try looking beyond your own tiny little life and you might find an answer.

IMG_4160.jpeg

Reactions: 2
You’re a lot to do with it, you lying, hiding, disingenuous POS. Try looking beyond your own tiny little life and you might find an answer.

View attachment 2492054
I was trying to find a way to cheat at the Edinburgh half 😂😂😂😂 but I’d never actually do it. The out and back broke my soul a million times over and the only way I could get myself through it was a ‘there’ll be a place to turn back earlier soon’

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was trying to find a way to cheat at the Edinburgh half 😂😂😂😂 but I’d never actually do it. The out and back broke my soul a million times over and the only way I could get myself through it was a ‘there’ll be a place to turn back earlier soon’
Out and backs are the devil’s work. Although for some reason I took it upon myself to do a series of local looped marathons a few years ago and they were bleeping awful too.

(now I’ve fucked my hamstring so I talk to Glen on Les Mills on spin bike 🫠)

This was me at the Great Scottish Run this year 🤣 I had my worst run ever and every part of my body hurt right from the start, if I hadn't raised money for charity I would not have done it. I did see an older gentleman in front of me take a little shortcut on the short out and back just before Bellahouston park, he just went straight on 😂.

• Haha
I remember watching people nip through the cones before the end of an out and back towards the end of York 10k (where it went in front of the racecourse stand, I'm not sure if it's still the same route because duck doing that again) and being both jealous they had the balls and horrified at the cheating.

I had no idea how common cheating is until I started reading Marathon Investigation. So much cheating in many different forms!

• Wow
To be fair, the lengths that bloke went to to cheat are insane, it sounds like he programmed his own chip and removed theirs?! I mean… who could be fucked

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Decent run by Kels this morning, albeit she needed Tits there to help her get it done. Goes for nothing though. She’ll be overtrained and injured by the time the kid-free jolly to Valencia comes along. Everyone knows it except that pair of balloons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.