Weird Phobias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to live with a girl that had really long nails, she always wore skirt and tights and would scratch her legs a lot. The sound of her nails on the tights OMG😷😷😷😷😭😭 I would have to get up and leave the room as soon as she started.
I bleeping hate pigeons, even if I see one on the pavement I have to cross over the road to avoid it. The thought of its wing touching my face turns my stomach.

Reactions: 4
Open heights - can't even go on a balcony , even if its second floor.

The sound of vomiting

Loose hair/s

Plug holes

Exposed feet- in my ideal world exposing feet would been banned once you hit secondry school age.

Reactions: 1
Neighbours noise, babies crying, children screaming, loud people, mouth noises, kissing sounds (makes me see red), loud music coming from other people's residence...

I don't know if I would call it a phobia but it's a massive anxiety trigger, I don't know what it is that I have with uncontrolled noise. It sends me into a fight or flight state of mind, even if I logically know and understand that said "noise" may not be noise at all or perfectly normal in case of a hurt child or a small baby. I try my best not to reflect this on others but in my ideal world, people would stfu whenever I needed them to lmao.

Agree with the pigeons - just how their all flying round, looking down at us peasant humans thinking 'which one should i tit on today?' Gives me the fear

Vomit. I get the phrase "nobody likes being sick!" a lot but I do tend to take it to extremes haha. Last time someone I lived with had a stomach bug I refused to leave my room - I brought a load of cupboard food so I could eat in there and walked to a cafe everytime I needed the bathroom or to fill up a water bottle, and ended up temporarily moving back to my mums house. I've been like this since I was about 5 but I feel awful about it, like I'm being super unsympathetic and mean when I avoid someone to such extreme lengths. Luckily my friends are all very understanding!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Bit of a weird one but.... coloured plates 😂 I dunno where it’s come from but if you give me food on a red plate 🤢🤢🤢 there’s something about it, I just hate the way it looks

Reactions: 3
Agree with the pigeons - just how their all flying round, looking down at us peasant humans thinking 'which one should i tit on today?' Gives me the fear
Same here. Either their bird tit or their flapping wings unleashing all the germs from the street on us.
I also get easily grossed out by excessive sweat. I was in a bootcamp class once where the instructor was sweating buckets (it was dripping all around her and it was also flying about the studio) and i felt so disgusted I walked out of class. Maybe that’s not a phobia 😅

Fish tanks, the thought of all that water with fish tit in makes me feel sick.

Black horses, I love horses but black ones scare me.

The feel of newspaper, goes right through me.

Feet, hate them.

Microfibre cloths, they feel awful.

Flying, give me all the sedatives and vodka and I might get on the plane but my family know the risk of me refusing at the last minute.

Roller coasters, we go to Disneyland Paris (Eurostar usually) every couple of years and the big rides really make me feel sick. I have been talked into going on a couple of them (Tower of terror- hated it, couldnt feel my legs after and crushers coaster which is a young kids ride but actually scared the tit out of me) the tamer rides I am ok with though.

Condiments left on plates, vile stuff and I hate it when people just chuck ketchup covered plates in the sink, at least rinse them first.

Reactions: 2
boats and the sea.

I'm fine dipping my feet in but the thought of sailing far out into the ocean gives me the creeps.

Toilets. I know it's a bit odd but it has been mentioned by others. Mine started because when I was four or five I went to a public toilet and the water level was filling up then reducing. I'd never seen anything like it and even to this day haven't. This wasn't just a blocked loo, it was literally fill up fully and quickly, then drop, then repeat.

I had major issues for years with 'unknown' toilets. Those random ones that were always half full and fully fill when you flush. Wtf. Actually paralysingly terrifying.

I got around it at school and in the local town centre/shops by having a particular toilet I'd use. I also used to have to open the toilet door before I could flush. When I was a teenager I'd literally run out the cubicle and stand at the sink breathless.

Thankfully it's much better these days but it was so stressful when it was bad.

• Sad
Me too! Absolutely terrified. I’m 24 and freak out if one flies close over my head/I have to walk through them. When I have enough money I’m going to pay for proper phobia therapy because I sometimes avoid going to certain places (especially if I’m on my own)! So so embarrassing haha x

I have an awful phobia of wide open spaces especially water or a really open field etc. I’ve had it since I was about 7 when I had a panic attack during a swimming lesson and thought that was weird. It wasn’t until I got a lot older that I put everything that made me panic together and the one thing in common was a really wide space 🙈 embarrassing. No one even knows, I avoid these things or if I find myself in a situation where I’m in a wide space I have to really suppress a panic attack by usually pretending I feel sick.

I don’t think it’s claustrophobia because it’s not necessarily small spaces (though it includes them) but I can’t handle being in a space big or small if I can’t get myself out/am relying on someone to get me out or move so I can get out. Like sitting in the back of a two door car or being in a locked place.
Also small spaces that I might get physically stuck in and/or run out of air.

I have 2 very strange phobia and everyone thinks I’m being ridiculous and thinks it’s funny while I’m genuinely extremely stresses out by these two things..

1 is nail files being used. If someone starts to use one near me I instantly feel faint, all the hairs on my body stand on end, I feel really stressed and have been known to shriek at a random person in the office to stop it.

2 is weirder. Horrendous phobia of sitting on a chair with bare feet. Can’t explain it. Can’t explain the stress it causes me. Shoes on at the table 🙈

I don’t think it’s claustrophobia because it’s not necessarily small spaces (though it includes them) but I can’t handle being in a space big or small if I can’t get myself out/am relying on someone to get me out or move so I can get out. Like sitting in the back of a two door car or being in a locked place.
Also small spaces that I might get physically stuck in and/or run out of air.
You sound quite similar to me. Mines mainly open spaces were I feel trapped in a vast open space. It’s horrible. Why does the brain have to even think like that.

Reactions: 2