Weird Phobias

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holes! Small holes all gathered together 🤢🤢🤢 my sister used to cut crumpets in half across and I couldn’t look at her! Always thought I was a weirdo and they’d give me the creeps and send shivers down my spine, but there is an actual phobia of it called Trypophobia 🤮
I have this too - google trypophobia images, some of them are unbearable, to the point I feel extremely uncomfortable even thinking about them!
I also have a terror of metal in water, especially rusty metal in the sea!

Toilets with dark coloured seats (black/brown)

never liked using them since being a kid. No idea why

Reactions: 2
Pinecones.

Ever since I was a kid I've been scared of them.

Also my Grandma had a blue glass vase that frightened me. I was just a weirdo tbh.

Reactions: 1
I have this too - google trypophobia images, some of them are unbearable, to the point I feel extremely uncomfortable even thinking about them!
I also have a terror of metal in water, especially rusty metal in the sea!
Me too! I can't Google it due to the photos that come up .

Rubber spiders or rubber insects like the real ones don’t bother me but as soon as it’s Halloween you won’t see me in a shop or party 🤣

Berries/anything Berry flavoured.
The look/smell honestly scares me 😂😩 can’t even touch them or anything related. Won’t even allow black currant squash in the house and couldn’t wash up a glass that it’s been in. Yes it does impact my life quite a lot 😂 I’m pregnant and honestly terrified of the day that my child gets berry stuff round their mouth...

• Wow
The feeling of that blue paper towel in bathrooms or used to clean. When I worked in a bar it made me gag to wipe down tables with it.

People eating with their fingers and then touching my belongings grosses me out, even when my husband does it.

Pictures of Jesus - my grand parents are catholic and have all these creepy ones in their house. They have one where Jesus eyes open and close depending on the angle!

I hate being physically sick. I'm sure no one actually likes to vomit 😂 but when i'm sick I have to do it into a bowl or the sink. I CANNOT be sick in a toilet. The thought of my face being that close to the toilet bowl:sick: not sure how anyone can do this.

Reactions: 3
I have 2:

ET - gave me horrendous nightmares and I made my Dad check he wasn’t in my room. Will never forgive my family for making me go on the ride on America either. I can’t even bear the thought of him to be honest.

Heights - anything high. I can’t even watch heights on tv without feeling physically sick and getting sweaty hands. Once on holiday we were so high in the hotel I literally crawled to the window to see the view because I was so bloody petrified!

cling film, being cut in half by a lift malfunctioning, being at the car wash when the air dryer is drying the car in case it falls down, also baby food/the way young kids eat food makes me feel sick

Bringing this thread back as I find everyone's answers so fascinating!
For me it's fingertips, sheet masks, and the most random but easily most scary for me is my skin turning into tree bark 😫

The Co-op. Seriously, the logo is enough to make me nauseous. I tried going into one a few years ago to conquer the phobia but I ended up being I’ll for three days.

When I was a kid we shopped there all the time but around 13 this phobia developed and steadily got worse.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Submarines, aeroplanes that have sunk underwater and shots of whales (especially orcas) in the sea from above make me freak out. Not sure what the name for this is though.
edit- Googled it, it’s called megalohydrothalassophobia- a phobia of large things in deep water. Be cautious when googling though as images come up that are awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Cockroaches. I dunno what it is about them. Creepy little fuckers. When I was younger we had this roulette type boardgame and once when I span the wheel there was something spinning in it making a weird clicking sound as I went round and round.. it was a cockroach.

Shitting myself in public. This one used to be so much worse and is thankfully much better now but it does still pop into my head sometimes. I've got IBS and when I've got to go I've got to go. This links on to not loving buses, airplanes....places where there are times when you can't go to the toilet if you need to. I wouldn't go on a hot air balloon for this very reason. What if you need a poo?

Men who claim they're 'feminists' and go on about it like it's their main personality trait but they're actually the most sexist, misogynistic pricks imaginable (why have I met so many of these?).

I can’t eat with the same spoon, fork, whatever, that I have used to spoon the food into a bowl or onto a plate. Because it’s got food on it 🤦‍♀️. I have to have a clean one. The thought of using the same one makes me 🤮

This thing. I hate it and I have done since I was a child. When I was little I used to run out of the room screaming when it came on screen. Even now it makes shivers run down my spine!
E86BE6CE-5610-4E5C-A300-FB04F20DCA2C.jpeg

• Wow
Driving under motorway bridges when there's people stood on them. I always think they're going to throw a brick or concrete block on my car.

Dams. All that potential energy is scary.

Deep, dark water.

The nightmare that is Lady Bower reservoir. The triple combo of deep, dark water, a dam...and this horrifying feature...

Screenshot_20230129_010354.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Submarines, aeroplanes that have sunk underwater and shots of whales (especially orcas) in the sea from above make me freak out. Not sure what the name for this is though.
edit- Googled it, it’s called megalohydrothalassophobia- a phobia of large things in deep water. Be cautious when googling though as images come up that are awful.
I have this too! I had no idea there was a name for it.