Weight Loss and Healthy Living

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all, Is anyone else going to post their measurements? I’m happy to share mine tomorrow. My BMI is currently 26 ish. A couple of years ago my BMI was 32, I lost weight and lowered this to 23. My weight is slowly creeping up again, because I exercise a lot I can really feel my body mechanics changing and I don’t like it. I’d like to lose 7-14lbs. Anyways happy to share measurements to help me be accountable.

Reactions: 2
Hey all, Is anyone else going to post their measurements? I’m happy to share mine tomorrow. My BMI is currently 26 ish. A couple of years ago my BMI was 32, I lost weight and lowered this to 23. My weight is slowly creeping up again, because I exercise a lot I can really feel my body mechanics changing and I don’t like it. I’d like to lose 7-14lbs. Anyways happy to share measurements to help me be accountable.
I don’t really take my measurements as I’m quite tall it takes a lot of weight for me to really notice :( my start BMI was 26.3, currently at 23.6, my goal weight BMI would be 21.7.

I’m back on the healthy train today, CICO and been for a long walk. Hard with all the leftover Christmas food though! I did weigh myself and somehow lost 1lb since last week, no idea how. So 13lbs to target now!

Reactions: 3
I no I’m back on the healthy train today, CICO and been for a long walk. Hard with all the leftover Christmas food though! I did weigh myself and somehow lost 1lb since last week, no idea how. So 13lbs to target now!
I’ve never seen calories in calories out written as CICO so had to google 🤪 But that’s what I measure to lose weight. I’m just under 5,8” so not tall but definitely not short. I think I need to set myself a fitness goal, I’m currently doing yoga with Tim’s 30 day challenges and I am seeing improvements thoug. Good luck with the healthy train

Reactions: 1
I lost 5 stones in 2019 and have spent most of 2020 going up and down the same half stone....great if I wanted to maintain but I still have a huge amount I need to lose to get to a healthy weight.

I've been a total piggy throughout December so I'm probably going to be up a fair bit but I'm ok with that. I decided to totally relax and take the hit in January. I'll be restarting calorie counting on the 4th. I use Nutracheck and find it such a good app and well worth paying for.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m 12stone....just weighed myself. The heaviest I’ve been is 15stone in Jan 2014. I lost weight and for 4 years hovered between 13 1/2 - 14 stone. Because I exercised I thought I was skinny on the inside, stupid I know! In May 2018 I measured my visceral Fat and it was 15. This was the trigger I needed to lose weight and by April 2019 I weighed 10stone 5lb. I’m an emotional eater and like to swallow my feelings. My exercise habits are good but my diet isn’t. I need to eat more fruit and veg and less processed food. I have a mum tum caused by a c section. It seems that no diet or exercise is ever going to resolve the apron of skin I have. It makes me feel really low especially when I read comments from people taking the mic out of women’s “gunts” and “fupas” I hate those phrases so much. I have discovered some really positive Instagrams of women who look like me, ie they aren’t fat and they do exercise but have the “the tum” caused by pregnancy. It’s good to know it’s normal. My goal is to be 11stone by summer. I’d also like to be able to do a chaturanga push up and master the crow pose 🧘‍♀️ Oh and I’m 43, I guess that’s relevant?!

Reactions: 5
After seeing many Tattlers wanting to lose weight in the New Year Resolutions thread, I suggested a thread to share our process and journey. We can share meal plans, progress updates, motivations or problems, target weight, current weight... whatever you feel like. This shall be a non-judgement zone for all those who participate.

Important: If you feel like this thread might trigger negative thoughts or any kind of disorders for you, please stop reading.
Make sure you're on the right track for you. The goal of this thread is not comparison of progress or promoting any kind of ideal. It's just here as a motivation or a reminder for those who want to do this for their health and their own reasons.
If you think you might have an ED, please contact a professional or a helpline.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Ah thanks for making this thread!! I’m starting tracking today at over 18 stone and I’m aiming to lose 2lbs a week (obvs more would be amazing) but I just want to focus on losing and not get hung up on how much it is as long as it’s in the right direction!

Reactions: 9
I’m in - although I’m too ashamed to post my weight, let’s just say I need to lose a lot! 😔😔🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I hope to lose about 2 stones overall but I don't have a deadline in mind, I'll just take each day as it comes.

My target problems: I eat too much bread, too much cheese and not enough fresh greens or fruits. I have managed to control my snacking/packaged food habit this year and I very rarely order takeaway (did it a couple times in 2020) but despite not being a sweet tooth at all, I've started to eat desserts a lot more frequently than what I consider a normal for myself, so I want to step away from sweet treats as well.

I also have Hashimoto's, which is controlled with medication however it means that my metabolism isn't going to make this a breeze so I want to help it by exercising a bit more frequently than I do now.

@Crazycatty Please don't be ashamed but feel no pressure to share either. Good luck!

Reactions: 7
Im in for sure im not weighing in until the 2nd of January as i prefer to weigh in on saturday mornings. I'm hoping to lose 2 stone for now and then see where I am when I've reached that target i am doing calorie counting and have an account with nutricheck good luck everyone may we support each other on our 2021 journeys 😊😊

Reactions: 7
Count me in! I want to lose about 21 lbs.

For recipe books, I recommend Pinch of Nom! The recipes are easy to follow and easily adapted to taste. There’s even a website :)

Reactions: 6
yes this is a good idea! my starting weight is 9st13 - i used to be 8st12 and was so comfortable with how i looked. i dont think it's feasible for me to be that weight though because i love carbs so i'm aiming to get to 9st2. i'm 5'3 for reference so quite petite, so any weight i gain looks so much worse on me than taller girls!

if you are calorie counting i recommend this website https://tdeecalculator.net/ to see where you should start off :)
also generally recommend no adult female should be eating less than 1200 calories a day, so even if that calculator says lower just round it up to 1200.

Reactions: 10
I’ve gained 5lbs since the beginning of December. It’s all in my stomach, nothing fits me and I feel so bloated and uncomfortable. It’s not even the actual weight that is bothering me, just the belly. If I could reduce that I’ll be happy. It’s so hard as my house is now full of nice treats and my mum is a bit of a low key feeder and has sent a hamper full of chocolate/biscuits 🤦‍♀️ - in previous years I would have taken it all into work but I can’t do that now!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.