Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1lb off so 53lbs in total. Have gone below my initial target 🎉 Only want to lose about half a stone now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
No loss for me in the past few days, it is TOTM though so I’m not too worried and would expect to see one this time next week instead (hoping the big 4 stone milestone 🤞🏻). Had my second jab today so got my C25K out of the way this morning (with no stitch thank god!) so I can chill out later 😌 hope everyone has a nice weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Your libra graph looks good! The overall trend is down. Looks like 1lb ish a week? That's a perfectly healthy rate of loss. I know we all want a quick fix but you didn't gain the weight overnight so it won't come off overnight either. I started about the same weight, never ever lost more than 1lb a week but those pounds add up.

If you haven't seen a loss this week it could be anything, hormones, time of the month, water retention, a big carby meal, starting new exercise (these are all things that have affected my loss) but just stick with it!
It's more the fact I want to lose 2 stone and bit predicted to hit it now until April 2025 😳😐

Reactions: 1
Hello 👋 I'm here to join you all and get my own Tattle transformation. A little bit about me; I've been overweight all my adult life. Around 5 years ago I lost 2 stone just by engaging in some exercise. I didn't really change my diet at all. Then I went to Weight Watchers around 3 years ago and lost a further 3 stone. I had to leave Weight Watchers as the class changed times and I could no longer make it. I slowly started putting some weight back on. Then along came Covid. I lost it a little bit mentally. I worked full time through the pandemic and hated the fact that I didn't feel "protected" (I think that's the right word) I stopped exercising consistently and really have never picked it back up. I'm now 4kg off my top weight from 5 years ago. I knew it was bad but I had a bit of a wake up call just two weeks ago. I was on holiday and dashed across the road in a gap between traffic then walked up a staircase. I was a state. I couldn't breathe, I was pouring with sweat and my legs were like jelly. I've let myself go completely. I was mortified. So now I'm back from holiday, the shopping order has arrived this afternoon with all my healthy food and I'm ready to start again. I'm going to be calorie counting (WW really messed up the way I view food) and slowly starting to exercise again. I've worked out my TDEE and will be using Nutracheck to keep myself on track. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning to get a starting weight. Wish me luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
NSV I just did a 7 mile walk. I usually do 5 miles on weekends but decided to keep going and see how far I could go. The last half a mile was a killer 🥵

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Well last night was messy.. had an absolute binge on sweet stuff after dinner which was so disappointing.. I think it’s because I haven’t really had a cheat meal/break for almost a month. Back on track this morning to draw a line under it and move on. Happy that I got some exercise done before the rain started as well 😌

• Heart
Reactions: 6
After my win last week I’ve probably cocked it all up as went out for a drink Friday. Then was at a baby shower saturday where they had not one vegetable for me to eat so had sausage rolls instead. Then Sunday I went out for a meal so it’s all gone to pot haha. I’ve moved a lot though and I’ve carried on doing my weights so I’m hoping damage isn’t too bad.

Reactions: 5
After my win last week I’ve probably cocked it all up as went out for a drink Friday. Then was at a baby shower saturday where they had not one vegetable for me to eat so had sausage rolls instead. Then Sunday I went out for a meal so it’s all gone to pot haha. I’ve moved a lot though and I’ve carried on doing my weights so I’m hoping damage isn’t too bad.
Life is for living and you won't have ruined everything by an off plan weekend

• Heart
I read a quote once about 'one hot day doesn't make a summer'
Don't feel bad, you still have to live your life, which you're doing. You've done so well so far 😊

Reactions: 7
My first weigh in this morning after starting slimming world from home last Monday, I’ve lost half a stone! Happy with that as I can honestly say I haven’t been hungry

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hello 👋 I'm here to join you all and get my own Tattle transformation. A little bit about me; I've been overweight all my adult life. Around 5 years ago I lost 2 stone just by engaging in some exercise. I didn't really change my diet at all. Then I went to Weight Watchers around 3 years ago and lost a further 3 stone. I had to leave Weight Watchers as the class changed times and I could no longer make it. I slowly started putting some weight back on. Then along came Covid. I lost it a little bit mentally. I worked full time through the pandemic and hated the fact that I didn't feel "protected" (I think that's the right word) I stopped exercising consistently and really have never picked it back up. I'm now 4kg off my top weight from 5 years ago. I knew it was bad but I had a bit of a wake up call just two weeks ago. I was on holiday and dashed across the road in a gap between traffic then walked up a staircase. I was a state. I couldn't breathe, I was pouring with sweat and my legs were like jelly. I've let myself go completely. I was mortified. So now I'm back from holiday, the shopping order has arrived this afternoon with all my healthy food and I'm ready to start again. I'm going to be calorie counting (WW really messed up the way I view food) and slowly starting to exercise again. I've worked out my TDEE and will be using Nutracheck to keep myself on track. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning to get a starting weight. Wish me luck!
Good luck! Im also calorie counting and using Nutra check, have done WW in the past, would do no exercise if I could get away with it, we sound quite similar :D

Reactions: 2
Morning everyone 👋🏻
Heres a few NSVs from me to start the week..
Today I did my first ever 25min run on C25K - felt pretty good and could definitely have run for longer. Not a bad achievement in 5 weeks!
Tried on my most beloved dress that I could never bring myself to throw away. Size 10. Had it since 2012 (😳😳) - it fits y’all!! Could have cried trying that on.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Morning everyone 👋🏻
Today I did my first ever 25min run on C25K - felt pretty good and could definitely have run for longer. Not a bad achievement in 5 weeks!
Tried on my most beloved dress that I could never bring myself to throw away. Size 10. Had it since 2012 (😳😳) - it fits y’all!! Could have cried trying that on.
Well done 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Morning everyone 👋🏻
Amazing! Well done! I find there's no better feeling when you try on something that fits well or isn't as snug as it used to be.

• Heart
Amazing! Well done! I find there's no better feeling when you try on something that fits well or isn't as snug as it used to be.
Thank you so much 😊
Totally agree, I’m an idiot and didn’t take progress photos, and don’t think parts of my body look that different. It’s only when you try on something you haven’t worn for a while that you realise how different you actually are!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m on a few weight loss ish group or fitness groups on Facebook, and something I saw this morning was “excuses don’t get results”. Don’t get me wrong, I think it has a point to an extent, but I spend enough time beating myself up without needing memes to help. The reason this thread has worked for me (I think) is it’s not about punishment, there is accountability, but it’s a really supportive environment. Idk, this meme just rubbed me up the wrong way 😂
New week! Had a LOT to drink on Saturday night so probably ate my calories in sugar, but back on it today. Also have a ten k to run in three weeks so upping the running!

I'm also new joiner on here. You story sounds just like mine, I've gained 2 stone over lockdown ( I was overweight before anyway) and have never been this heavy. Totally disgusted with myself. Started dieting 3 months ago and lost 10 kilos so far but still have a long way to go before I get to my ever lowest weight of 62 kilos/ around 10 stone. Wishing you all the best and good luck with weight loss!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am aching today and I really had to force myself to exercise yesterday so I am wondering if I should give myself the day off. I’m not sure I can face it! Maybe do something like yoga instead so it’s less strenuous.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.