Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Life is for living and you won't have ruined everything by an off plan weekend
I think this is so so important and something I keep telling myself - I've got to live! I love pizza and have a major sweet tooth and have no intention of not enjoying them ever again. I just need to focus more on balance as previously I definitely enjoyed all my fave unhealthy foods a little too often. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you everyone for sharing your weight loss experiences, goals, and struggles! They are very helpful to me :) I’ve only just found this thread so looking forward to reading it all properly. I have 10 pounds to lose in just over two months for my wedding. I workout 5 days a week and calorie count but I lose weight slowly due to thyroid issues, so fingers crossed I achieve it!

Reactions: 10
First day back at the gym but I'm not allowed to sweat because I just got my eyebrows microbladed 😂 but at least it keeps me in good habits. 3 weeks to go for the wedding!

I love summer it always makes me less hungry because I'm warm. Sadly it was so cold today I put the heating on!! It's July!

I am aching today and I really had to force myself to exercise yesterday so I am wondering if I should give myself the day off. I’m not sure I can face it! Maybe do something like yoga instead so it’s less strenuous.
Definitely listen to your body if you need a rest day

Reactions: 2
I had a little slip up the other week but I’ve managed 9 days without a binge and it feels good to have some control back. I’m eating around 1500 a day and getting in 15000 steps. Hoping to shift about 10 pounds which I’ve gained since Christmas. It doesn’t sound much but it seems like a mountain because all I think about is bingeing. I know some of you will understand. It’s really tough.

Reactions: 11
I had a little slip up the other week but I’ve managed 9 days without a binge and it feels good to have some control back. I’m eating around 1500 a day and getting in 15000 steps. Hoping to shift about 10 pounds which I’ve gained since Christmas. It doesn’t sound much but it seems like a mountain because all I think about is bingeing. I know some of you will understand. It’s really tough.
I've been constantly bingeing. I gained 40 pounds over lockdown and every day I try to "start again", I restrict my calories, workout, then end up bingeing at the end of the day :( I've been trying to lose this weight since February but its such a hard cycle to break

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I've been constantly bingeing. I gained 40 pounds over lockdown and every day I try to "start again", I restrict my calories, workout, then end up bingeing at the end of the day :( I've been trying to lose this weight since February but its such a hard cycle to break
so sorry you’re struggling it’s so hard isn’t it. I’m the same as you I go through constant binge and restrict cycles. Eating too low is definitely a trigger as it just makes the binge cravings stronger. Maybe have one higher calorie day a week where you have a takeaway or even just a nice treat meal from the supermarket. If you have a day to look forward to it might help keep the control for the other days. But I completely sympathise it’s so hard. Mine is very much using food as an emotional coping method.

Reactions: 4
It took me nearly 6 months of starting and stopping to get my head in the game. Keep trying, it'll stick soon enough. 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 4
so sorry you’re struggling it’s so hard isn’t it. I’m the same as you I go through constant binge and restrict cycles. Eating too low is definitely a trigger as it just makes the binge cravings stronger. Maybe have one higher calorie day a week where you have a takeaway or even just a nice treat meal from the supermarket. If you have a day to look forward to it might help keep the control for the other days. But I completely sympathise it’s so hard. Mine is very much using food as an emotional coping method.
thank you so much! I'm so glad others are the same. I know eating too low is a trigger, but I can't help thinking I want to lose the weight really fast. but realistically if I would have stuck to a normal diet I would have lost almost all of the weight by now lol
that's a great idea! I'm the type to think I have to stick to a diet for 30 days straight. if I don't then I fail which is so stupid. I will write out a plan and have a treat day on Saturday. hopefully it doesn't turn into a binge haha thank you for the support!

Reactions: 3
thank you so much! I'm so glad others are the same. I know eating too low is a trigger, but I can't help thinking I want to lose the weight really fast. but realistically if I would have stuck to a normal diet I would have lost almost all of the weight by now lol
that's a great idea! I'm the type to think I have to stick to a diet for 30 days straight. if I don't then I fail which is so stupid. I will write out a plan and have a treat day on Saturday. hopefully it doesn't turn into a binge haha thank you for the support!
Completely relate to all of this. I’m very much of the same mindset of “if you’d have to stuck to it months ago you’d have been where you want to be now”. It’s so negative and frustrating as it just makes you think I may as well not bother at all. But we can do it. It’s trying to change your mindset which is hard.
Today I have ended up actually eating at maintenance but that’s okay. I’m trying to tell myself just because you ate more it doesn’t have to lead to a full on binge. Usually when I go over by a little I think duck it and go over by crazy amounts. I’m trying not to do that anymore.
Definitely allow yourself a day or two where you have those things you’re craving you deserve to eat lovely food even though you want to lose weight.

Could you also look at how you're distributing your calorie intake during the day. I have a massive bowl of porridge in the morning (and I do mean massive) with a bit of golden syrup and cream. That keeps me going for about 6 hours and then aafter that I have 1 or 2 meals that are really glorified snacks. I have never binged so not really sure what the triggers are. What I will say as a smoker currently not smoking is just persevere, one day it will just happen easily. Don't set your goals high, just take it a day at a time and remind yourself that falling off the wagon is a natural part of dieting, we all need a treat. If you can work on changing your mindset from losing weight to living healthier it might be easier. When I quit smoking successfully I told myself I wasn't going to over fight the cravings, if I relly wanted a cigarette and couldn't shake the idea then I would have one and try again another day. I still don't call myself an ex smoker but even if I do smoke again that still doesn;t negate the years of relief I have given my body from the poisons and the money I have saved over those years.

try to focus on volume foods, look at what you can get for your calories and spend your calories like money, be frugal and try and get the absolute most from your allowance.

I personally wouldn’t recommend one huge main meal a day as another post suggests as your current hunger cues probably would ignore this anyway and could result in overeating. Instead, eat when you want to or in line with your usual mealtimes still but try to opt for volume foods so you get the most out of each meal, keep protein high for every meal and snacks & try to think about what food choices will satiate you. I love chocolate but I know after a bar of dairy milk I’ll still be hungry whereas if I make a bowl of popcorn it’ll fill me up much more.

there’s no need to sacrifice the things you like, one tip I live by and suggest to all my clients is to plan in your favourite foods first. I LOVE having something sweet after dinner whilst we watch a boxset and I plan this in first thing in the morning so I know I won’t be left with few calories after dinner & end up overeating.

also just ETA that bingeing is different to just overeating (which 99% of us do from time to time) and is a form of disordered eating, there is support for it if you need it 💕

try to focus on volume foods, look at what you can get for your calories and spend your calories like money, be frugal and try and get the absolute most from your allowance.

I love volume foods, its definitely great to tackle binge eating as I can't seem to just have a small portion of something at the moment!

also just ETA that bingeing is different to just overeating (which 99% of us do from time to time) and is a form of disordered eating, there is support for it if you need it 💕
Yes I had BED and bulimia all through lockdown, have resisted the bulimia for the past couple of months but now its just trying to learn how to eat smaller portions again! so at the moment I'm trying to focus on getting in around 1200 calories, but the things I've ended up liking now due to bingeing so much the past year are really high calorie foods, it sucks. Like why is peanut butter so high calorie I could easily eat half my daily allowance in that haha food really is an addiction!

but thank you everyone for your responses! It has made me feel a whole lot better today ❤

Completely relate to all of this. I’m very much of the same mindset of “if you’d have to stuck to it months ago you’d have been where you want to be now”. It’s so negative and frustrating as it just makes you think I may as well not bother at all. But we can do it. It’s trying to change your mindset which is hard.
Today I have ended up actually eating at maintenance but that’s okay. I’m trying to tell myself just because you ate more it doesn’t have to lead to a full on binge. Usually when I go over by a little I think duck it and go over by crazy amounts. I’m trying not to do that anymore.
Definitely allow yourself a day or two where you have those things you’re craving you deserve to eat lovely food even though you want to lose weight.
thank you :) I should remind myself its actually OK to eat at maintenance sometimes, because it really won't make much difference to the weight loss long term. its very hard to get out of the "all or nothing" mindset! It doesn't make sense at all to go into a full blown binge if you go over your calories a bit why do our brains do this to us 😅

Yes I had BED and bulimia all through lockdown, have resisted the bulimia for the past couple of months but now its just trying to learn how to eat smaller portions again! so at the moment I'm trying to focus on getting in around 1200 calories, but the things I've ended up liking now due to bingeing so much the past year are really high calorie foods, it sucks. Like why is peanut butter so high calorie I could easily eat half my daily allowance in that haha food really is an addiction!

but thank you everyone for your responses! It has made me feel a whole lot better today ❤
1200 is low and don't beat yourself up over peanut butter, atleast it has a nutritional value. buy a good quality peanut butter rather than the cheaper ones. I make a cookie out of mushed bananas, oats and honey, bake for 15 mins of 180 fan and then add a smear of peanut butter to get my fix

1200 is low and don't beat yourself up over peanut butter, atleast it has a nutritional value. buy a good quality peanut butter rather than the cheaper ones. I make a cookie out of mushed bananas, oats and honey, bake for 15 mins of 180 fan and then add a smear of peanut butter to get my fix
I know its on the low side I'm just scared to go above it to be honest. and true! Peanut butter has lots of protein, I love it on bread though lol ohhhh the cookies sound amazing! I will actually try making those thank you 💕

Reactions: 1
I know its on the low side I'm just scared to go above it to be honest. and true! Peanut butter has lots of protein, I love it on bread though lol ohhhh the cookies sound amazing! I will actually try making those thank you 💕
Use very ripe bananas, mush them up, add oats and a spoon of honey then dollop on a baking tray and bake for 15 @180 fan. They aren't professional quality but perfect for a healthy snack.
Keeping your calories that low is doomed to failure, you aren't relearning how to eat properly, just starving yourself. It's not sustainable long term. People on here are trying a variety of different things to lose weight, it's not a one size fits all. Personally I do find filling up in the morning works for me, I also focus on the black bin waste I generate, it's not foolproof as a biscuit wrapping is tiny but in general healthy food has less wrapping so by focussing on that I eat better (althugh not necessarily less) It just feels more positive than all the faddy diets and helps my mindset as I'm not thinking so much about calories, again it won't work for everyone but I would say try different things and hopefully you'll find a solution to your eating pattern. When I quit smoking I discovered it was never about the nicotine but the routine. I even had to change my route to work to stop the triggers, you might find your eating habits are similar, find the trigger and then work to avoid those situations.

Reactions: 1
I used to have a problem with bingeing in the past but hardly ever go into that mindset now. Like others have said, upping your daily calories is key. It may sound counter-intuitive and scary at first as if you are not in control, but allowing yourself to eat enough to function and thrive is vital to come out of the restrict-binge cycle. Concentrate on eating nutritious foods you enjoy in sufficient quantities and allow for a little amount of play foods regularly. For example, I’ve got to eat something sweet after dinner every night. I stock up on a few favourites that I know I can have a bit of without triggering a binge. I avoid buying and keeping trigger foods in the house, and buy things like crisps etc individual packets rather that family size packs.

If you end up having a binge/overeat, be kind to yourself and don’t dwell on it, just move on. Start the following day by treating your body well and nurturing it with good food, not going into restriction mode. It’s what we eat the majority of time that makes the big difference long-term and not the occasional slip up. Good luck xx

I actually refused to believe for a long time that eating more would help me lose weight but it does. I have more energy for exercise so I actually end up doing more. Some days I’ll go right up to my calorie goal (about 2000) and others I’ll have about 1600-1700 and not want anything else! I don’t cut out things, just pick good options. I also plan all of my meals and snacks as soon as I can and that makes me stick to it more than if I was like oh god I’ve got no lunch. I still eat chocolate, but not 4 bars in a row like I used to!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.