Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling deflated.. have been regularly exercising 4x a week now since the start of the year but have just had a positive lateral flow test so need to take it easy. Can‘t believe I’m saying this but I miss exercise! Hope I don’t lose too much of my fitness but know I need to rest and not push my body right now

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Feeling deflated.. have been regularly exercising 4x a week now since the start of the year but have just had a positive lateral flow test so need to take it easy. Can‘t believe I’m saying this but I miss exercise! Hope I don’t lose too much of my fitness but know I need to rest and not push my body right now
Definitely give yourself a bit of time, but if you’re feeling up to it maybe a home workout? Take it slow though. Hope you’re feeling ok!

Reactions: 3
Maybe try a gentle stroll around your garden if you have one. Or perhaps some yoga if you feel up to it.

Thank you everyone.
I think I’ll wait a few days and maybe try some light exercises at home. Feeling ok just bad headaches, trying not to worry too much!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My weight seems to constantly fluctuate between 13st7lb and 13st5lb. I'm getting so frustrated 😭 I'm 5ft7 and size 14 so it's not like I don't have the weight to lose.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
My weight seems to constantly fluctuate between 13st7lb and 13st5lb. I'm getting so frustrated 😭 I'm 5ft7 and size 14 so it's not like I don't have the weight to lose.
I feel you. I’ve been stuck for a long time at the same kind of weight. I’m still confused about how all of this works really but I’m sure someone can give some advice. What are you doing currently?

Reactions: 2
I started at the same weight and am the same height, now 9st 10 (taken me 15 months). How much are you eating, do you exercise etc? Have you done your tdee?

I started at the same weight and am the same height, now 9st 10 (taken me 15 months). How much are you eating, do you exercise etc? Have you done your tdee?
I've worked out my TDEE, I do between 6000-7000 steps a day (but no other exercise) from January 2021 to today I've lost a stone.

Reactions: 1
Oooh, I've never seen TDEE before. Is it reputable? I've just worked mine out and as Im working from home and quite sedentary it's giving me 2.032 calories a day, BMR is 1,693 a day.

Im currently using NutraCheck and aiming for 1800 a day. I'm losing a pound a week ish (when I stick to it).

Any advice please?

Sorry, should have read more of the TDEE page! My cutting calories are 1500 a day, so best I get cutting!

Hi -
I know it’s not the best nutritionally but has anyone had success with slimfast? I’m thinking of doing it for 2 or 3 weeks to kick start weight loss then counting cals and walking / weights for workouts. Thanks x

Oooh, I've never seen TDEE before. Is it reputable? I've just worked mine out and as Im working from home and quite sedentary it's giving me 2.032 calories a day, BMR is 1,693 a day.

Im currently using NutraCheck and aiming for 1800 a day. I'm losing a pound a week ish (when I stick to it).

Any advice please?

Sorry, should have read more of the TDEE page! My cutting calories are 1500 a day, so best I get cutting!
TDEE is very straightforward and very reputable, yes. But if you are losing steadily as you are then I wouldn't change it necessarily! If it ain't broke, don't fix it and all that.

Hi -
I know it’s not the best nutritionally but has anyone had success with slimfast? I’m thinking of doing it for 2 or 3 weeks to kick start weight loss then counting cals and walking / weights for workouts. Thanks x
I bought some slimfast shakes last year but stuck to it for a few days, max. I’ve been calorie counting for six months now, it’s much more sustainable in my experience to eat 250 calories of food than 250ish calories in a shake, and you’ll kickstart the weight loss either way.

I bought some slimfast shakes last year but stuck to it for a few days, max. I’ve been calorie counting for six months now, it’s much more sustainable in my experience to eat 250 calories of food than 250ish calories in a shake, and you’ll kickstart the weight loss either way.
Thanks - can I ask how many cals a day you stick to? Just need something to kick myself into gear and thought if I see some results quickly I’ll be more motivated to continue.

Thanks - can I ask how many cals a day you stick to? Just need something to kick myself into gear and thought if I see some results quickly I’ll be more motivated to continue.
Calories will depend on your current weight and height, plus your level of activity - it varies per person. If you look up a TDEE calculator online you can put all your stats in and it will come up with a number for you. Whatever your maintenance number of calories is, you need to subtract 500 from that daily number to lose 1lb a week, or 1000 a day to lose 2lb (that’s what I’m doing).

Calories will depend on your current weight and height, plus your level of activity - it varies per person. If you look up a TDEE calculator online you can put all your stats in and it will come up with a number for you. Whatever your maintenance number of calories is, you need to subtract 500 from that daily number to lose 1lb a week, or 1000 a day to lose 2lb (that’s what I’m doing).
Thank you!

Any advice please?

I don't think you shuld be eaing less that your BMR. BMR is what your body needs to function properly. Losing 1lb a week is fine, you're fr more likely to stick with it and not regain weight back if you keep your weightloss to a sustainable level and incoporate lifestyle and diet changes.

Not sure what people mean by reputable but TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is the science and mathematics behind energy balance & our body’s daily energy expenditure. Its not a brand or a diet or a gimmick etc so don’t think reputable is the right term to use for it.

Also @Notworthy is spot on, no one should be eating below BMR. It’ll only be a matter of time before you begin to feel low on energy & crap.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.