Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think you shuld be eaing less that your BMR. BMR is what your body needs to function properly. Losing 1lb a week is fine, you're fr more likely to stick with it and not regain weight back if you keep your weightloss to a sustainable level and incoporate lifestyle and diet changes.
Hmmm I can see your point around maintenance calories being needed to function properly, but bellinibobble above recommends taking 500 or 1000 calories off the maintenance number to lose weight. Sounds like that's what I need to do? I dont want to maintain, i want to lose, but equally if my body needs 1689 calories just to make it through the day ...

Hmmm I can see your point around maintenance calories being needed to function properly, but bellinibobble above recommends taking 500 or 1000 calories off the maintenance number to lose weight. Sounds like that's what I need to do? I dont want to maintain, i want to lose, but equally if my body needs 1689 calories just to make it through the day ...
Maintenance calories and BMR are different. BMR is the bare minimum your body needs to do it’s basic functions such as breathing. Literally the bare minimum before we even factor in movement. Maintenance calories are the calories you would need to consume to maintain your current bodyweight as of right now.

It doesn’t sound like your TDEE has been calculated correctly. Even if your activity levels are low the ‘sedentary’ option is for people who are bed-ridden or comatose, unable to physically move in any capacity basically. If you get out of bed in the morning then you’re instantly not in the sedentary category.

If you calculate your maintenance and -500 and it takes you to less than your BMR then you have calculated your TDEE incorrectly. It sounds like you’re underestimating your activity level.

What are your maintenance calories at ‘Lightly’ or ‘Moderately Active’?

Reactions: 3
It is scientific but it's also worth noting it calculates it in a way that allows you to eat the absolute most calories and still technically be losing weight even if you were just dropping half a pound a week. That was my personal experience following the reccomended calories it advised me. I don't expect to lose 3lbs every week but I need more variety in my results like 1lbs here, 2lbs there, 3lbs here... and to achieve that I needed to knock more like 800 calories off my TDEE and I'm still left with a good amount that allows for proper food. I always keep that TDEE figure in mind but I play with it. I have weeks where I might only be in a very small deficit, sometimes it's bigger. I think what I'm trying to say is a calculator on the internet and a result from that shouldn't be taken as gospel and should be used as more of a guide.

Reactions: 4
Just started Week 6 of C25K.. for the first time since starting the programme I got the most horrendous stitch 😮💨 was puffing like a steam train but still managed to make it through and finish the run. My other half ran past me during the 5min cool down walk so I chased him for a few minutes shouting WAIT FOR MEEEE but he didn’t hear over his music (everyone else in a five mile radius did though 🙄🥴) how embarrassing

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Maintenance calories and BMR are different. BMR is the bare minimum your body needs to do it’s basic functions such as breathing. Literally the bare minimum before we even factor in movement. Maintenance calories are the calories you would need to consume to maintain your current bodyweight as of right now.

It doesn’t sound like your TDEE has been calculated correctly. Even if your activity levels are low the ‘sedentary’ option is for people who are bed-ridden or comatose, unable to physically move in any capacity basically. If you get out of bed in the morning then you’re instantly not in the sedentary category.

If you calculate your maintenance and -500 and it takes you to less than your BMR then you have calculated your TDEE incorrectly. It sounds like you’re underestimating your activity level.

What are your maintenance calories at ‘Lightly’ or ‘Moderately Active’?
I thought it was bmr is what you need to function as if you were in a coma, so not getting out of bed etc. Sedentary is very little activity like if your sat for most of the day like an office job

I thought it was bmr is what you need to function as if you were in a coma, so not getting out of bed etc. Sedentary is very little activity like if your sat for most of the day like an office job
It is. The post I quoted stated that ‘I see your point that maintenance calories are needed to function properly’ but that’s not the case, you’d need to eat at BMR calories for your body to function properly and by that I mean just pump blood around your body etc. Basic functions.

I posted in the last thread the equivalent of the PAL levels against walking distances because it’s been found more recently to be more realistic. No one should be using sedentary as a calculation really, the poster that I quoted as a good example because they used sedentary and when they took 500 calories off that total it took them below their BMR. That means their TDEE was miscalculated and 9 times out of 10 that’s because we underestimate our activity level.

Reactions: 2
Just started Week 6 of C25K.. for the first time since starting the programme I got the most horrendous stitch 😮💨 was puffing like a steam train but still managed to make it through and finish the run. My other half ran past me during the 5min cool down walk so I chased him for a few minutes shouting WAIT FOR MEEEE but he didn’t hear over his music (everyone else in a five mile radius did though 🙄🥴) how embarrassing
Hahaha sorry I couldn’t help but laugh. Bless you!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Right girls ive really really fell off the waggon. My meals are fine but I have a massive snacident a day whilst cooking for the kids.
I'm not massively over weight but need to lose about 2 stone. I feel like I'm physically and emotionally drained 24/7 (not exaggerating).
I work full time and have 2 kids (one at nursery when I'm at work, shes so demanding both physically and mentally)
My mood has really taken a beating and I'm struggling to lift my self back up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Right girls ive really really fell off the waggon. My meals are fine but I have a massive snacident a day whilst cooking for the kids.
I'm not massively over weight but need to lose about 2 stone. I feel like I'm physically and emotionally drained 24/7 (not exaggerating).
I work full time and have 2 kids (one at nursery when I'm at work, shes so demanding both physically and mentally)
My mood has really taken a beating and I'm struggling to lift my self back up.
We've all been there, and we all slip up! Have you worked out why the snaccident happens? Is it hunger, or habit, or craving? Could you keep the snack in but swap it for a couple of pieces of fruit (boring I know), or kick it out and drink a litre of water instead? I had a rule at the start of the year that outside of meal times if I was hungry I had to drink a litre of water first. If I was still hungry after that I could have a snack - fruit, or a mini chocolate bar or something :)
Don't beat yourself up too much - discipline is great, but you're human too!

Reactions: 5
Omg I have FINALLY broken the barrier! I’m now 12 stone 13.2! A 12!!!! At the beginning!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Minus a kg for me this week (wooo) but I have been using Saxenda which has really helped. Won’t talk about it too much in here (there’s another thread for it anyway!) but it has really helped keep my appetite down. It’s all finally starting to feel achievable 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We've all been there, and we all slip up! Have you worked out why the snaccident happens? Is it hunger, or habit, or craving? Could you keep the snack in but swap it for a couple of pieces of fruit (boring I know), or kick it out and drink a litre of water instead? I had a rule at the start of the year that outside of meal times if I was hungry I had to drink a litre of water first. If I was still hungry after that I could have a snack - fruit, or a mini chocolate bar or something :)
Don't beat yourself up too much - discipline is great, but you're human too!
Fantastic advice 👏🏻
Hahaha sorry I couldn’t help but laugh. Bless you!!
FFS 😂🤦🏻‍♀️🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 2
1 stone and 4lbs down now! For clarity I’m doing Cambridge so my weight loss is quite quick but I’m so happy with the results 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Not weighing in until end of month, but I had two NSV this week:

1) My bras are fitting better! Hoping that means the girls are returning to their original size (or close to). They are still pointing in the same direction, so I guess that's a win on its own. 🤣

2) Met up with a few people and a very cute friend of a friend spent the whole time flirting with me. I split with my partner at the beginning of Covid. With the weight gain and health issues I've had since, my confidence has been nil, so it was SO nice to be seen like that, even for a night. 🥰

Sending good thoughts to everyone who's doing their best. ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Half a lb on this week but that’s ok! I did have two takeaways last weekend so I had it coming 🤣

Reactions: 3
I’m officially drawing the line - binge eating from stress and removing of hormonal implant has meant I’ve gained back what I lost, and some!
I’m also not moving and haven’t been the gym in 2 weeks… line needs to be drawn! So sick of waking up feeling all bloated and negative first thing.
God damn hormones, totally forgot the rollercoaster of emotions it brings as the implant totally suppressed anything for three years

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Feel like giving up 🙇🏽‍♀️ this is my calories for the last month, and my weight. Can't seem to get consistent losses anymore. Yes, there are some days I've been over my calories but in general I'm on track.
Your libra graph looks good! The overall trend is down. Looks like 1lb ish a week? That's a perfectly healthy rate of loss. I know we all want a quick fix but you didn't gain the weight overnight so it won't come off overnight either. I started about the same weight, never ever lost more than 1lb a week but those pounds add up.

If you haven't seen a loss this week it could be anything, hormones, time of the month, water retention, a big carby meal, starting new exercise (these are all things that have affected my loss) but just stick with it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Week 26: -5.5! (That’s the 2.5lb of tapas I put on last week gone plus a bit more). Lost over 3 stone two months ahead of my target date. Still have another 3, maybe 4 stones to go. On we go!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Feel like giving up 🙇🏽‍♀️ this is my calories for the last month, and my weight. Can't seem to get consistent losses anymore. Yes, there are some days I've been over my calories but in general I'm on track.
This is why I don't do scales but have a dress I can't get into and try it on every week. If you are generally in your cals you will lose, honestly. I lost 5 stone a few years ago and have put weight on during lockdown (by not going to the gym and eating crap) and it has to come off but I refuse to get on those scales. I think a tape measure is a better way to go than scales.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.