Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went out for a three hour walk today. Definitely feeling it in my calves and feet now 🤣 hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow!
My tracker says the three hour walk was only 13,000 steps which I think seems too low but the main thing I've taken from it is I got out, did some gentle exercise and feel so much better for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I went out for a three hour walk today. Definitely feeling it in my calves and feet now 🤣 hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow!
My tracker says the three hour walk was only 13,000 steps which I think seems too low but the main thing I've taken from it is I got out, did some gentle exercise and feel so much better for it.
I love long walks as exercise because it doesn't actually feel like exercise to me! Well done!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I said I’d have a day off exercise today. I did a jigsaw puzzle competition and now my back HURTS so I think I’ll do some yoga to stretch out !

We did the gym again this morning. Walked there, then did a big old Legs Day before wobbling home (as an impromptu 'pop' underneath my shoulderblade and one in the front of the joint guided me towards letting those settle - I sort of halted the start of frozen shoulder in its tracks about six months ago with a lot of hard and painful massage, but it hasn't quite been 100%), demolishing breakfast/lunch and I then waddled upstairs for an unexpected two hour nap.

Awesome Recipe Klaxon:

Salsa Chicken.

Cut up skinless chicken thighs. Part cook in pan. Tip in half a jar of salsa. Finish cooking.

Serve with vegetable tortilla chips (available in the Coop), soured cream with some chopped coriander, black olives, refried beans, jalapenos from a jar and some cheese.

Barely touched the sides. But it was lovely.

Mr D is focusing upon Cardio most of all at the moment, as he wants to get his weight down to be able to run further/faster - I'm still concentrating upon strength to keep my joints together and hold me up to be able to do more cardio, so my cardio is a 10m interval bike or 10m constant rowing session as warmup and the walk on gym days, plus the plod round the rec once a week.

Reactions: 7
I went to the gym today for the first time in a year. I've put on over 2 stone in that time and I feel disgusted with myself. I can barely walk this evening but I'm feeling good that I went and that I walked there and back, I've had a good eating day too. I've only read the last couple of pages but seems like you are all doing great, well done! I'll look forward to my first weigh in next Sunday.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I went to the gym today for the first time in a year. I've put on over 2 stone in that time and I feel disgusted with myself. I can barely walk this evening but I'm feeling good that I went and that I walked there and back, I've had a good eating day too. I've only read the last couple of pages but seems like you are all doing great, well done! I'll look forward to my first weigh in next Sunday.
Well done for going!

Reactions: 2
Happy Sunday evening everyone! Got to be honest, I’ve really struggled this weekend.. 😴 done all my exercise and stuck to plan, but both yesterday and today I’ve eaten back some of my exercise calories and feel SO hungry still.

I’ve also had a few head rush type feelings getting up off the sofa too quickly, which has never happened before. Haven’t done anything differently in terms of exercise or eating, apart from the increased intensity runs in C25K. Having lost 3.25lbs this week the deficit is obviously too much, and although it’s a buzz to lose the weight, it feels awful (I’m so awkward 🥴 - past me would be like shut up you idiot you’re losing, so what) I’m going to increase my calories and see if that helps. Do you think adding 100 more this week, and seeing what that does to my loss (should be 2lb a week/1000 cal deficit) sounds like a plan? Anyone experienced this before?

Reactions: 3
Happy Sunday evening everyone! Got to be honest, I’ve really struggled this weekend.. 😴 done all my exercise and stuck to plan, but both yesterday and today I’ve eaten back some of my exercise calories and feel SO hungry still.

I’ve also had a few head rush type feelings getting up off the sofa too quickly, which has never happened before. Haven’t done anything differently in terms of exercise or eating, apart from the increased intensity runs in C25K. Having lost 3.25lbs this week the deficit is obviously too much, and although it’s a buzz to lose the weight, it feels awful (I’m so awkward 🥴 - past me would be like shut up you idiot you’re losing, so what) I’m going to increase my calories and see if that helps. Do you think adding 100 more this week, and seeing what that does to my loss (should be 2lb a week/1000 cal deficit) sounds like a plan? Anyone experienced this before?
I get this quite often, in my case it's a bit genetic as my dad has it too, and my teenage son, he grew really tall suddenly and kept fainting. It's mostly down to low blood pressure usually, the Dr who saw my son also mentioned increasing salt intake a little too. Just take it steady as you get up. Increasing cals slowly is a good plan - I did it as part of my reverse diet and weight stayed static.

I get this quite often, in my case it's a bit genetic as my dad has it too, and my teenage son, he grew really tall suddenly and kept fainting. It's mostly down to low blood pressure usually, the Dr who saw my son also mentioned increasing salt intake a little too. Just take it steady as you get up. Increasing cals slowly is a good plan - I did it as part of my reverse diet and weight stayed static.
Thanks, this is really interesting as I’ve previously (pre weight loss) had high blood pressure so it’s very unfamiliar to feel a bit woozy now! Might see if I can borrow a BP monitor, my mum has one I think. I will increase my salt slightly too 👍🏻 That’s what I was thinking, try 100 more a day this week, and see what the scales say.

Thanks, this is really interesting as I’ve previously (pre weight loss) had high blood pressure so it’s very unfamiliar to feel a bit woozy now! Might see if I can borrow a BP monitor, my mum has one I think. I will increase my salt slightly too 👍🏻 That’s what I was thinking, try 100 more a day this week, and see what the scales say.
If your current calorie deficit makes you feel awful it's definitely a good idea to up it, weightloss has to be sustainable long term.

Woo, first step! We all started in similar fashion. You can do this! 💪

I’ve also had a few head rush type feelings getting up off the sofa too quickly, which has never happened before.
Try adding an electrolyte drink to your daily vitamin intake: Amazon product

I'm a 'fainter' and very susceptible to headaches and they've kept me going from long covid recovery all the way through my weight loss so far.

Reactions: 5
NSV: Was up at stupid o'clock this morning so dragged myself on to the treadmill wearing skimpy sleep shorts. NO CHUB RUB! I remember hitting peak fatness last summer and how bad the chub rub was if I didn't have my thighs covered.

I won't be exercising naked any time soon, but nice to know I have the option. 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 12
NSV: Was up at stupid o'clock this morning so dragged myself on to the treadmill wearing skimpy sleep shorts. NO CHUB RUB! I remember hitting peak fatness last summer and how bad the chub rub was if I didn't have my thighs covered.

I won't be exercising naked any time soon, but nice to know I have the option. 😆
I don’t remember a time when I didn’t get chub rub, even at my goal weight, but it would be nice not to panic about packing shorts to wear under a dress 😂

I don’t remember a time when I didn’t get chub rub, even at my goal weight, but it would be nice not to panic about packing shorts to wear under a dress 😂
Me neither 😂 in fact I vividly remember it on my 21st birthday trip to Rome.. I’m now 30 🥴 there is less chub to rub now at least!
Try adding an electrolyte drink to your daily vitamin intake:
I'm a 'fainter' and very susceptible to headaches and they've kept me going from long covid recovery all the way through my weight loss so far.
Thank you I will xxx

So I've been completely AWOL was on a two week holiday on West coast of Scotland. Didn't actually go crazy with food as we were so busy. Climbed Ben Nevis! I may have hurt my waist though which is a bit annoying.

However I'm on final countdown to my wedding. I'm terrified my dress won't fit. I'm literally having stir fries and omlettes for the foreseeable future. But then I get to go on my honeymoon and eat cheese.

• Heart
Hi everyone. It’s day 1 of slimming world for me. It worked for me to get my baby weight off 5 years ago so I’m hoping it will get the lock down weight off 😂

anyone else doing slimming world?

If you can get a taste for egg whites (which have NO taste, but are easily adapted) it helps stretch the calories that little bit more!
Oh I tried to order these before in a carton but it arrived burst. I was so gutted. Sadly we only have two supermarkets up here and I don't think they sell them. I would just separate the eggs but what do we do with the yolks 😂

I'll have to have another look online to see if I can order some! Good idea!

If your current calorie deficit makes you feel awful it's definitely a good idea to up it, weightloss has to be sustainable long term.
But that’s the thing though.. It has been sustainable for six months 🤷🏻‍♀️ Not sure what’s happened literally this weekend but I’ll change it up and see what effect it has.
Hi everyone. It’s day 1 of slimming world for me. It worked for me to get my baby weight off 5 years ago so I’m hoping it will get the lock down weight off 😂

anyone else doing slimming world?
Welcome! A few of us here are calorie counting, and there is a separate slimming world thread as well, mostly to discuss the crazy SW insta accounts, but I know a lot of people there have followed it in the past.
However I'm on final countdown to my wedding. I'm terrified my dress won't fit. I'm literally having stir fries and omlettes for the foreseeable future. But then I get to go on my honeymoon and eat cheese.
I should be on the countdown to my wedding too but had to postpone due to covid ☹ I hope you have a great day. Honeymoon sounds dreamy! Where are you going? (So I can live vicariously through you!)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.