Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today was the first day in about three weeks that I haven’t binged. Things were seriously getting out of hand I’m talking 3000 calories a day on absolute tit and junk.

but I managed today to eat a regular amount of food without the urge to binge. Hopefully I can make it two days tomorrow 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Today was the first day in about three weeks that I haven’t binged. Things were seriously getting out of hand I’m talking 3000 calories a day on absolute tit and junk.

but I managed today to eat a regular amount of food without the urge to binge. Hopefully I can make it two days tomorrow 😊
Well done! One day at a time, and we’re all here if you need some help/ a sounding board :)

Reactions: 6
I’m feeling good about this week but we’re only two days in. The exercise bike is making me very happy, it’s so easy to just pop on it at lunch, have a sweat and burn some extra calories, so I feel like I might be quite in control at the moment. Also powering on with the Hello Fresh dinners this week and I love that they come with calories broken down.
Need to get my steps back up- was gonna run this evening but the sun is shining a bit much for my liking. Might give it a go anyway!
Hope everyone else is having a good week so far :)

Reactions: 8
I’m sure I’m not the only one this happens to but during my time of the month I am always absolutely starving!! Does anyone have any tips for this would it be better to eat at maintenance during this time? I am still working out regularly on these days and only 7-10lbs away from goal anyway (don’t have a set target weight but will be around the figure I have in mind) thank you! 😊

Reactions: 3
I’ve had a horrific start to the week, I’ve felt out of control I’ve eaten so much.
Taking control from today

• Heart
I'm feeling my energy dip quite a lot but my 7 month old hasn't been sleeping particularly great so that's probably why. I think I'm struggling more with life than my weight this week 😅 trying to balance the plates and all that. Just plodding on, hopefully it will get better!

Reactions: 2
So we know fitness tracker calories aren’t necessarily accurate, are fitness equipment calories? I did 5km on the bike earlier and it told me that was around 200 calories… and I’d like that to be true 😂
sadly…no :( this article explains it pretty well but unless your machine was so intuitive it knew your body composition, weight, age etc then there’s no way it could give you an accurate number of calories burned unfortunately

The best thing to do is to exercise for all the other beneficial reasons of doing so and then any contribution to your overall goal is just a bonus! :)

Reactions: 8
I did a core workout 2 days ago and I am still paying for it 😅😅

Today I’ve eaten:

strawberry protein yoghurt for breakfast
Chickpea and tuna salad for lunch (nicer than it sounds) and nuts and banana chips after.

Making homemade pizza for dinner tonight so that’s fun.

Reactions: 4
I did a core workout 2 days ago and I am still paying for it 😅😅

Today I’ve eaten:

strawberry protein yoghurt for breakfast
Chickpea and tuna salad for lunch (nicer than it sounds) and nuts and banana chips after.

Making homemade pizza for dinner tonight so that’s fun.
Yum 🤤 all sounds good!
I’ve been much more controlled today and feeling really positive x
Congrats 🥳 it feels so good when you really nail it doesn’t it?

Reactions: 1
Wondered why I felt so mehhhhhh this afternoon and on the way back from the gym; I couldn't even think of anythign I wanted to eat.

I finally hit 10,000+ today. After bastarding arthritis, tendonitis, hip and foot bursitis and most other itis-es you can think of, Covid and all the shite that involved (including three months of not being capable of more than 26 steps a day), I did 10,000+ and went to the gym afterwards.

Mr D valiantly brought me back a small chips and curry sauce because he decided I was clearly unable to think straight due to lack of carbs. Ie was probably right, but I had to leave half of them because I didn't even have the energy or motivation to eat any more than that.

Tomorrow shall be a rest and eating day after work, then I get to test out the latest new leggings. It's about time that a huge arse and big legs is something seen as desirable - I just wish it had been a thing when I was 18-34 when I was still being told I was too fat and weird/wanting to be a man for enjoying weight training.

I only managed to eat about 1600-700 today. I just wasn’t hungry. Praying for any kind of weight loss.

Reactions: 5
I only managed to eat about 1600-700 today. I just wasn’t hungry. Praying for any kind of weight loss.
I had a day like that yesterday. By 1000 calories I was full. I'd had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and cod and veg for dinner.
Made some yoghurt, fruit and nuts for pudding to push calories up but found it really difficult to eat when I wasn't hungry.

Reactions: 2
I posted a few weeks ago about reverse dieting. I was at 2000 calories a day after increasing them slowly, by 50-100 a week after my weight loss stopped after I had been in a deficit for a year.

Anyway I dropped my calories back down to 1700 to try to shift my last 10lb, focusing a lot on macros (a specific amount carbs, protein and fats). I didn't lose anything last week, but after tracking so long I know that my weight loss works on a lag and is never linear, and this week I have lost 3lb. In my year and a bit of losing weight, I have NEVER lost more than 1lb a week. I was very suspicious of the reverse dieting thing but decided to trust it and I'm glad I did. Bet I've jinxed myself now 🤣

Just wanted to say though, if you've been dieting for a long time don't be afraid to take a break. And while you shouldn't force yourself to eat, do make sure you are adequately fuelling your body for your activity level. When I was eating 1200 calories (which I didn't mind, it was dull but doable) I was always freezing cold and had no energy, its obvious to me now I was eating too little.

Reactions: 9
I posted a few weeks ago about reverse dieting. I was at 2000 calories a day after increasing them slowly, by 50-100 a week after my weight loss stopped after I had been in a deficit for a year.

Anyway I dropped my calories back down to 1700 to try to shift my last 10lb, focusing a lot on macros (a specific amount carbs, protein and fats). I didn't lose anything last week, but after tracking so long I know that my weight loss works on a lag and is never linear, and this week I have lost 3lb. In my year and a bit of losing weight, I have NEVER lost more than 1lb a week. I was very suspicious of the reverse dieting thing but decided to trust it and I'm glad I did. Bet I've jinxed myself now 🤣

Just wanted to say though, if you've been dieting for a long time don't be afraid to take a break. And while you shouldn't force yourself to eat, do make sure you are adequately fuelling your body for your activity level. When I was eating 1200 calories (which I didn't mind, it was dull but doable) I was always freezing cold and had no energy, its obvious to me now I was eating too little.
That’s so strange you say that I felt exactly the same could not get warm no matter how many layers of clothes I put on - I agree the calorie deficit was too much for me too and didn’t equate on the scales - I am sticking to sensible calorie allowance now and weight coming off steady 💪

Reactions: 5
I had a day like that yesterday. By 1000 calories I was full. I'd had fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and cod and veg for dinner.
Made some yoghurt, fruit and nuts for pudding to push calories up but found it really difficult to eat when I wasn't hungry.
It is hilarious to me that before I would have cried and cried about only eating 1500 but now I’m struggling to eat more than that.

I’m 0.75lb down on the scale since yesterday, was very surprised at that! I am so tense right now.. as of today me and my partner weigh the exact same (we’re the exact same height!) and I just want to be lighter than him 😂 he is away this weekend and I’m gonna be fully on plan at home.. I’m gonna destroy him 😈 can’t wait haha.

Also completed week 4 of C25k - now running for 16 mins a session, so pleased 😀

Another thing - I keep seeing people share all these quotes on insta about gaining weight in lockdown and I’m just like 🌝 awks..

It’s also not about when all your (still thinner than you!) family and friends start telling you ‘you can’t have that much more to lose’ ‘you don’t need to go to that weight’ — feeling under threat are we? 🤦🏻‍♀️ Lol

Reactions: 9
Doing really crap taking couple weeks off tracking as have son at home self isolating as close contact so home school.
Cant walk that Many steps. Feeling tired and stressed and trying put off big food shop until next week .
So really the last month been awful of 1 to 2lb off and back on again.
Holiday in 2 weeks time so will try harder next week.

• Heart
It is hilarious to me that before I would have cried and cried about only eating 1500 but now I’m struggling to eat more than that.
Definitely! I can eat so much more now than I ever did before, because I'm now eating filling, healthy, lower calorie food. With of course the occasional treat thrown in which I don't have to feel guilty about because it fits in my calories.

Doing really crap taking couple weeks off tracking as have son at home self isolating as close contact so home school.
Cant walk that Many steps. Feeling tired and stressed and trying put off big food shop until next week .
So really the last month been awful of 1 to 2lb off and back on again.
Holiday in 2 weeks time so will try harder next week.
Sending you hugs, don't be so hard on yourself, you've got a lot going on 🤗

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.