Weight Loss and Healthy Living #6 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some interesting posts to read through this morning, keep going everyone 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Today I completed week three of C25k. Quite apprehensive about Week 4 as I’ll go from 9 to 18 minutes of running which seems a huge jump in two days 😂 I’m determined to keep moving though. Trying to trust the process.. anyone already done this and got any advice for managing the step up?
You'll be surprised at how much more you can run than you think! But if it's too much, do not worry or mark it as a 'fail', it just means you need to keep trying it till it starts to feel good. I think one of the best things in C25K is repeating the weeks you're not happy with, because when you do you're elated and that i really did it kicks in!
Agreed, I just couldn't face run 3 in week 5, it's the 1st proper run with no walk in the middle so I skipped to week 6 and did that twice and then at the end of the 2nd week 6 I ran my 5k at parkrun (slowly), it's all about the end goal and tweaking the programme to make sure that you can run 5k whether it be 7 weeks after you started or 12 weeks. Just pace yourself. I used to do my couch to 5k to Costa (about 4k) and have a coffee as a reward.

Walking is a secret weapon of mine! Brisk walking is a guaranteed method of fat burning, you only have to ask our Leslie 😉
I think general walking places instead of using the car is underrated. I now question whether I need to drive or could I walk and 9 times out of 10 I can walk.

Reactions: 5
Yea that’s said 1200 was my TDEE! I still am managing 3 good meals a day and a snack and get to 1200 and feel fine so far 😄
1200 wouldn’t be your TDEE, never ever 😂 that’s more likely to be your BMR!

have you used tdeecalculator.net? I’d put all your data in there to get your maintenance calories which is your TDEE.

Reactions: 4
Lost my mojo this week.
Another stressful week with the kids and covid self isolating.
Tried to focus on the housework this week..
Haven't properly tracked cals this week
Not done as many steps as would have liked.
Feel exhausted and had few drinks this week waiting to Sunday or Monday to weigh.
But basically stuck at 12 9 lowest feels like never get down to the 11s.
Next weeks a new start just struggled juggle everything this week.

I haven’t cc this week. Had colds this week and everyone has been tired and run down. We all woke at 7.55am this morning!! Weighed in and put out 1lbs on which I’m okay with, just feel like I’m bouncing up and down and not getting anywhere fast. 1lb on, 1 lbs off repeated.
Had a good chat with my PT. he’s got me to change mfp macros page to weekly view. It’s gives a nice overview to how much I’ve logged over the week. He showed me his, he manages 5/6 days logging. We both have young kids and he told me not to beat myself up, says it’s hard with young kids and being 💯 on it is impossible, even he doesn’t manage it and he’s very fit. Made me feel much better. I wish I could afford to see him weekly as I’m so much more motivated after our sessions but I only do fortnightly.

Reactions: 5
Had a good chat with my PT. he’s got me to change mfp macros page to weekly view. It’s gives a nice overview to how much I’ve logged over the week.
Love this tip, thanks for sharing. I’ve just changed mine to the same 👍🏻 Logging a few days a week is better than nothing! Once I get to maintenance I might do the same.

I’m eating my maintenance calories today. I feel so weird eating this much food and trying not to feel guilty?!

Reactions: 2
Week 25: -2 lbs
Total: 4 stone!!

Obligatory dance break:

Six months of calorie counting. Walking is still my main exercise. Started lifting weights this week (ow, ow, ow...). One stone to healthy BMI. Aiming for 7 lbs in July, 7 lbs in August.

Thank you to everyone on these threads for your continued support. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Obligatory dance break:

Six months of calorie counting. Walking is still my main exercise. Started lifting weights this week (ow, ow, ow...). One stone to healthy BMI. Aiming for 7 lbs in July, 7 lbs in August.

Amazing Carrie!!! Well done 👏🏻 so inspiring🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Week 1: -3lbs.

I'm happy with that 🙂

Have a good weekend everyone

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Obligatory dance break:

Thats amazing huge well done .
Inspiration for us.

Think I'm now in week 12 and still only 10lb lost.
Don't get scales at all varies from 12 9 to 12 12 all in 24 to 48 hours.
I have written off last week and thought I probably gained but managed walk 10k most days and in reality probably ate maintainance calories or close to.
I just wish could have few better weeks where I lose 2lb or 3lb.
3 weeks until we go away.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Amazing Carrie!!! Well done 👏🏻 so inspiring🙌🏻
Thanks lovely! Feel lucky to have found this thread. 😘

Thats amazing huge well done .
Inspiration for us.

Think I'm now in week 12 and still only 10lb lost.
Don't get scales at all varies from 12 9 to 12 12 all in 24 to 48 hours.
I have written off last week and thought I probably gained but managed walk 10k most days and in reality probably ate maintainance calories or close to.
I just wish could have few better weeks where I lose 2lb or 3lb.
3 weeks until we go away.
I started out much bigger, hence the initial quick losses! You are doing fab, your persistence is equally inspiring. 💪

• Heart
It was birthday and obviously that comes with alcohol, sweet treats, carby foods etc and I put on 2 lbs. it’s hard not to feel guilty, and the rational part of my brain is saying for gods sake, it’s your birthday you have to enjoy it! But the other small part is saying if you didn’t eat it, you could have lost a couple of pounds. Silly really! I also don’t want to just chuck a load of food away 🙄

Anyway, I’m doing a food shop today and buying nice fresh healthy goodies ready for a new week!! I’ve also got a swim planned for Monday and plans to use my exercise bike in the house.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi loves! I was terrified of weighing yesterday, I haven't counted very well this week, but I've been so busy with work I haven't even thought about snacking - so I don't eat til lunch, have an avocado bagel, then don't eat until dinner - I would normally have a little bag of skips in there too, it's only 70 calories so it hasn't made a huge difference - but got on the scales and managed to lose half a kilo, so I'm at my lowest weight since Feb 2020. Exercise bike arrived, just need to put it together but I'm excited to exercise while watching tit on TV haha!

Reactions: 8

Obligatory dance break:

Amazing! Well done 🎉

• Heart
I did it guys! Week 4 Run 1 of C25K.. two three and two five minute runs. Kept it slow and didn’t find it too bad actually - glad it’s a bit cooler! Thanks for all your advice 💕 I am heading to slob out in the bath now 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Tough end of the week, complete with two nights of going to bed without any dinner - one because I was asleep for ELEVEN HOURS and the other because I'd had a crappy day and was too busy whimpering, wailing and feeling sorry for myself (Mr D finally shoved a mug of cocoa in my hands at 1am in the hope it would make me shut up and go to sleep - which it did).. Although I did go up the three massive flights of stairs at work in one go and just felt a little wobbly on the legs instead of needing resuscitation afterwards for a change.

Anyhow, did the scales thing this morning and it's down 2kg from 6 days ago. Think I'd overdone things over the last few days and got too overtired as a result. No gym today, so three days off in total, with tomorrow pencilled in for the plod around the rec or the gym if it's raining.

Mr D is apparently buying pizza for dinner. I've told him I don't want it - he really hasn't got the hang of listening to me at times, as I have never liked supermarket (or takeaway) pizza. So he's getting me chicken, avocado and a packet of Mexican rice instead whilst he has his carb fest.

Reactions: 9
I did it guys! Week 4 Run 1 of C25K.. two three and two five minute runs. Kept it slow and didn’t find it too bad actually - glad it’s a bit cooler! Thanks for all your advice 💕 I am heading to slob out in the bath now 😴
Well done, it's all in the pacing. I did couch to 5k 2 years ago, coming up to my 2 year anniversary for my actual 5k :DI still use the programme as it's useful to get my speed up, I'm a bit of a 1 pace woman although I can run 10-12k now, I'd just like to speed up a bit

Thank you so much to whomever recommended the libra app, definitely helping me so much mentally with the daily weighing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.