Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jc456

VIP Member
Maintenance calories and BMR are different. BMR is the bare minimum your body needs to do it’s basic functions such as breathing. Literally the bare minimum before we even factor in movement. Maintenance calories are the calories you would need to consume to maintain your current bodyweight as of right now.

It doesn’t sound like your TDEE has been calculated correctly. Even if your activity levels are low the ‘sedentary’ option is for people who are bed-ridden or comatose, unable to physically move in any capacity basically. If you get out of bed in the morning then you’re instantly not in the sedentary category.

If you calculate your maintenance and -500 and it takes you to less than your BMR then you have calculated your TDEE incorrectly. It sounds like you’re underestimating your activity level.

What are your maintenance calories at ‘Lightly’ or ‘Moderately Active’?
I thought it was bmr is what you need to function as if you were in a coma, so not getting out of bed etc. Sedentary is very little activity like if your sat for most of the day like an office job

hydeist

Chatty Member
Been really struggling recently, my implant is coming out tomorrow and I’m hoping that helps me lose weight more as my body is barely shifting and I’m always bloody tired 😴
Fresh week for us all 🥰
I'm also getting mine out next month - going to try a while doing without after 16 solid years on some sort of hormones! Hoping it will also help me out with tiredness but I can't really remember what my own hormones feel like anymore 😂

Sven

VIP Member
Thyroid tests are a really blunt instrument. My sisters tests were 'normal' but eventually she was diagnosed with hashimotos. Different countries use dfferent parpameters for what is normal or not, it's not an exact science. Check your results and see how close you are to the boundaries
I didn’t get any exact numbers from them, they just text to say it was in normal range. Maybe I should ask again, I don’t know.

BananaRama

Chatty Member
I have been so slack at reading here. Life has been so hard but I’m now swapping to night shifts.
does anyone else do them? Wondering what to take and how to work out cals? Like do I just restart the next day at midnight? Any ideas/tips would be amazing. I can’t wait to weigh in and just restart. Finish the year right.

Sven

VIP Member
They just said on Radio 2 that if you consume most of your calories in the morning you can potentially double your weight loss 🤔

Do people find this to be true?

I’m the opposite, tend to have most of my calories in my evening meal. I eat with my toddler so eat around 6pm, I find if I don’t have a big meal then I snack all evening. Can’t speak for results as only my second week back on it.
I have no idea really. I can’t eat masses in the morning! And by the evening I’d still be hungry I reckon.

simonsays

Honey has about 82 calories per ounce compared to 112 for sugar. That is a fair difference to start with. The bee has to partially ingest complex sugars into simpler glucose and fructose sugars that are less disruptive to human blood sugar levels.

The two predominant types of sugar present in honey are fructose and glucose. These sugars are 'pre-digested' and can be used immediately by the body. When ordinary sugar is taken into the body it cannot be used immediately.

Also, when you do some research you find a lot of nutrients in honey including: protein, calcium, copper, silica, iron, lime, magnesium, amino acids, potassium, sulphur, phosphorous, pollen, sodium, manganese, and dextrine. I think honey would probably be classified by many as a superfood.

To be fair, the main point people are making is it is a form of sugar. In that respect it should be used fairly sparingly.

I started on this! It got me into low carb and now I do alternate day fasting, which works great for fitting around real life. 15lbs down so far and 16lbs to go.
Well done you!

I've dabbled with keto for a while, but couldn't shift any weight more recently! I think I wasn't being strict enough. I think I needed this strict approach to get me back on track!

I feel like I should be able to maintain throwing in a few fasts per week when I get to goal.

emmax1234

New to this thread!

Down 20lbs since end of July! I'm doing the Fast Diet. It is a bit controversial, but I feel so much better in myself already. With covid, I reached my highest weight ever.

A long way to go (70lbs), but I'm happier than I've felt in months!
Is it the 5:2 diet or the 800 calorie diet? I'm going to start the 5:2 tomorrow. I'm so fed up of trying to limit my meals to smaller boring portions so I hope it helps

carriebooboo

VIP Member
I've lost 10lbs... still! I've been hovering the same weight for around a month now and I can't get it shifting at all. I took a week off and ate at maintenance, since that's worked to kick start me before but no luck. Just going to go back to being consistent and hope I push through eventually - getting stuck on a plateau is exactly where I fail at weight loss EVERY time so I need to not fuck it up here again 😂
How much do you have to lose in total? It's definitely slowed down for me as I get closer to a healthy weight.

emmax1234

I haven’t posted in a while… I’ve had no motivation! I fluctuate up and down about 3 pounds all the time. I feel good when it’s down and then I weigh again a few days later and it’s up 3 pounds again. I think ultimately I am losing, but very slowly. I know this is healthy I suppose, but I’m bridesmaid soon and don’t want to feel fat. My weight goes to my face, belly and thighs and I don’t want to feel uncomfortable for the photos!

my plan of action - cut down on carbs (I really feel this helps my belly bloat), drink more water, do some sort of exercise (my downfall), NO wine 🙈
Oh god the no wine is the hardest!! I'm trying to cut it out again but red wine at night just helps me feel so much more relaxed 😭 good luck!