Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anon0503

So I've hit 10k steps two days in a row now and I'd love to keep it up! I also miss the gym but we're only on one income right now so can't afford it 😔

I also changed my calories to 1500 on MFP and this is working out a lot better for me! I still would like to sort my carb/protein issue out though.

Have a good day everyone!

Reactions: 11

BananaRama

Chatty Member
I’m just at this emotional eating point as I’m just so damn unhappy and I don’t know what to do. My face shows my 2stone gain and my stomach is rocking at least 8 months pregnant. I’m always feeling sick and bloated, I hate how I look but I can’t stop eating. Right now I’m making the excuse of being skint, so Iceland has come to the rescue there and I just don’t understand why I can’t just calorie count it?! Or limit it. Why eat a cheeseburger while cooking my curry? I’ve got Nutracheck downloaded and pay for it but I find it so difficult. I’m hoping to sit down this weekend and make a plan, a meal by meal plan of my days for work and also gym. I know it’s 80% food but I know when I workout in the morning I’m always on my best behaviour with food as in my head I worked hard that morning. Sorry. I just really rambled. I’m just so sick of feeling this way.

• Heart
  • Sad

tagliatelle

I made it to the gym again yesterday, and it’s because of you guys. I thought, “I have to go for Tattle!” You’re like my very own personal trainers and cheerleaders. 🥰

• Heart

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
Weigh in this morning and I’m 2.5lbs down so I’m pleased with that. Although around the same weight as I was back in May before I went off the rails 🙄

• Heart

Sven

VIP Member
Did it really work for losing weight? I would love to be able to eat more without the guilt, and still lose the weight I've gained as I don't even want to leave the house at the moment lol I've never tried eating more to lose weight, and I guess that's what ended me up in this mess in the first place!
did you have much weight to lose?

And @Notworthy thank you for the tips, I'm going to give it a good go this week 🙏
I worked out my TDEE (definitely do this if you haven’t - google TDEE calculator) And I exercise at home. I got some dumbbells from Argos and I use the fitness+ app on apple. But I could just as well use YouTube videos because there are so many good ones on there. I find exercising makes me much less likely to binge because it doesn’t feel worth it.
In March 2019 I was 14 stone 10.4. Last week I weighed and I was 12 stone 13.2. Some of my progress has been MASSIVELY slow. And I also put it all back on in the middle of 2020 of course. I have been properly giving it a go (again) since January this year. It isn’t so much my weight now but that I can SEE I am different. My little baby belly has started to shrink a bit. When I put my hands on my hips there is far less to grab there. I have muscles in my arms and legs now. I can run around with my daughter without getting out of breath and tired after 30 seconds.

Reactions: 10

Falkor

VIP Member
Finished the 5-day phase one, lost 4.6lbs - very happy with that. It'll slow down now, but that's a good start. 4.8lbs to go until I reach the top of the 'healthy' BMI band and 21.8lbs to go to goal.

• Heart

Gracessecret

Thank you everyone for sharing your weight loss experiences, goals, and struggles! They are very helpful to me :) I’ve only just found this thread so looking forward to reading it all properly. I have 10 pounds to lose in just over two months for my wedding. I workout 5 days a week and calorie count but I lose weight slowly due to thyroid issues, so fingers crossed I achieve it!

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
So I did into the thread now and again and have been a total failure at weight loss however, I am doing the no diet thing but am trying to listen to my body and only eat when hungry along with starting therapy in a few weeks and going to go to a nutritionist. I’ve lost 2lbs in 4 days so far.

Dieting does nothing for me MH but neither does being fat.

orangelolly

Chatty Member
Weighed in this morning and I've lost 1.8kg in my first week. I know the first week is often a big loss so I'm not expecting this every week but at least it's a positive start!

carriebooboo

VIP Member
Is it possible to do kcal counting and not become so obsessed over it?
When I started in January I wrote up a list of meals I enjoy that are in the 300-400 calorie range. That means I don't have to think about my calorie allowance unless I want to add something new in. It's REALLY helped with the anxiety/obsessive overthinking that can come with controlling your intake.

When I get frustrated or bored of it, I remind myself it's only temporary and I can add in more calories/variety when I'm at goal. Good luck!

• Heart

emmax1234

I had a little slip up the other week but I’ve managed 9 days without a binge and it feels good to have some control back. I’m eating around 1500 a day and getting in 15000 steps. Hoping to shift about 10 pounds which I’ve gained since Christmas. It doesn’t sound much but it seems like a mountain because all I think about is bingeing. I know some of you will understand. It’s really tough.
I've been constantly bingeing. I gained 40 pounds over lockdown and every day I try to "start again", I restrict my calories, workout, then end up bingeing at the end of the day :( I've been trying to lose this weight since February but its such a hard cycle to break

• Sad
  • Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I lost half a lb this week which usually I’d think is rubbish but after I gained 5 lbs overnight randomly and it didn’t go off again, I’ve also been the exact same weight very day, to the ounce, for over a fortnight…even when I had a take away or whatever. Really feels like my body is working against me atm. Focusing on losing the next 2 lbs, then it’s a stone to my goal 🙏🏻

• Heart

Laur91

VIP Member
Sugar is my enemy too. I have to cut it out completely and not have sugary stuff in the house, having the odd biscuit is not an option, I'll cheerfully eat the packet.
ETA 1 tip, if you really fancy a dessert just don't bother with dinner, I've found I eat the same amount of dessert whether I've had dinner or not so may aswell drop the calories from the dinner.
I completely appreciate that different things work for different people but it is not cool to recommend to suggest that other people eat the way you do personally. You can say what anecdotally works for you but to recommend people cut out a main meal and replace it with dessert is just irresponsible in my opinion. Perhaps the reason you eat as much dessert as you do dinner is because your dinner is not satiating enough for example, it doesn’t mean others should cut it out entirely and replace it with dessert.

Unless you can guarantee you’re getting the same macro and micronutrients from a dessert (highly unlikely, especially in regards to protein and micronutrients) that you’d get from dinner i would never suggest someone has dessert instead of dinner. Have dessert AND dinner, manage your calorie intake throughout the day. An all or nothing approach is just not healthy.

I get that weight loss is important and for a lot of people it’s their main goal but you can’t sacrifice vital macro and micronutrients along the way for it. That’s highly counter-intuitive.

• Heart

Lola UK

VIP Member
I weighed after my birthday which was stupid, I had put on a few pounds which is understandable! I haven’t weighed for over a week as I felt so bloated, my work clothes felt tight and I felt ugh. I don’t feel as bloated today so I popped on the scales and I’ve lost 2 pounds! I know it’s slow but I am happy with that.

I have got an app that links to my scales, it’s just tipped into green “healthy weight”

I’m over the moon!

I was feeling a bit shitty and was tempted to get a McDonald’s or a takeaway but this has changed my mind and spurred me on!

• Heart

Married2019

No weight loss for me this week, but I'm not overly concerned-I'm due on in the next few days and I've learnt I always stay the same ish for a few days before hand which drops then. I think it's pretty cool I've learnt that about my body, a few months ago that would have sent me into a complete spin, despite being half way through a MSc in food science 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha

Sven

VIP Member
I just smashed my calorie record for a strength workout. I never imagined I would lift weights! I love how strong it makes me feel!

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Decided to try and get back on it this week. Aiming for 1400-1500 cals a day and see how that goes. I have gained back about 6 lbs in total and it feels like it makes a huge difference, I feel utterly miserable about it tbh. Also still feel really bitter that I literally put on 5 lbs overnight and it didn’t drop off again, I just don’t understand it. But moaning about it isn’t going to have it off again so just got to suck it up and get going 🙄

• Heart

megsmagoo

VIP Member
1 stone and 4lbs down now! For clarity I’m doing Cambridge so my weight loss is quite quick but I’m so happy with the results 😁

• Heart

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Well I dropped my scales on the bathroom floor and it shattered to pieces. Can't help reading into it as an omen as I've been living off sandwiches and crisps in this heat 👀

• Haha

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I climbed back onto the wagon this morning. I gave up cc and exercise for a good few weeks as had an exam and i just don’t have the space in my head to deal with weight loss on top of work, studying, kids etc. Weighed this morning and in 13st 13.2, heaviest I’ve been since I was pregnant and at 5ft 3 it’s too much for my frame. I’m back in the office in a week, thankfully just for one day a week but I’m already planning how I can hide the weight gain. I was 12st when I walked out the office in March 2020. I’d rather just crawl under a rock tbh. I know no one will say anything because colleagues are very sweet but I just feel so embarrassed and humiliated that I’ve let myself put this weight on.
Maybe it’s the push I need to stick with it. I would love to wake up thin but it’s so good for me to hear you guys that have stuck it out and can see results. Gives me motivation.

• Heart