Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Week 19: -1lb. That’s my weekly target and i’m due on so I would have been surprised if it had been more (but still slightly disappointed it isn’t more even when I know I shouldn’t be!). I’ve now moved into a new stone and i’m just 3.25lb away from my initial target of 35lb in 35 weeks! Off to celebrate with a 6 mile walk in the rain 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Week 20: -2 lbs
Total: 3 stone 5 lb

No exercise again this week, but I did a lot of hobbling back and forth for appointments, so I guess that helped. :LOL:

I've been thinking a lot about maintenance lately and how I will keep the weight off. One thing that's surprised me over the last 20 weeks is how well 3 meals a day, only snack on fruits has worked for me. I'd previously always worked junk food in because I felt like I needed it. Now, as long as I have hearty meals that I enjoy and keep me full, I don't really crave it. I'd like to make that my default setting, with treats/takeaways being kept to weekends/special occasions. Famous last words... ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 11

No exercise again this week, but I did a lot of hobbling back and forth for appointments, so I guess that helped. :LOL:

I've been thinking a lot about maintenance lately and how I will keep the weight off. One thing that's surprised me over the last 20 weeks is how well 3 meals a day, only snack on fruits has worked for me. I'd previously always worked junk food in because I felt like I needed it. Now, as long as I have hearty meals that I enjoy and keep me full, I don't really crave it. I'd like to make that my default setting, with treats/takeaways being kept to weekends/special occasions. Famous last words... ;)
It really is that simple, 3 well balanced, filling meals and fruit for snacks. If I'm having a pudding, I have it instead of dinner (I love pudding) but that is only once every 4-6 weeks. Luckily for me I'm not a fan of takeaways and I can't stand fast food but cake and biscuits are my downfall so I don't have them in the house.

Reactions: 4

I think a big key to maintenance is having good habits and sounds like you are on the right track!

Well done to all of the losers!

Reactions: 6
I’m starting to get impatient now 😡 one week off, one week properly back on it, with exercise, and I’m still two lbs up on my previous lowest weight 😭😭 why won’t it gooooooo.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
A bad week for me on maintenance calories and being unable to track properly, I’ve put on 0.6lb.

I’ll take it! I’m back on it this week!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve rejoined the gym today for the first time since Jan last year and I can’t believe how much it improved my mood having gone. I keep losing weight and then coming to a stand still, I think it’s the lack of exercise and boredom of lockdown. With going back to the gym and normality returning I should get back into a proper routine and start to see some changes

• Heart
Reactions: 9
so i’m making a few changes to how i’m eating atm - staying in a deficit but yesterday i had 1500 ish cals, 580 of which were snacks😂😂
today i’m aiming to have bigger meals rather than tiny meals and loads of snacks, has anyone else ever found this?

Week 9 61 days and counting
9lb lost lost 1 more lb but felt like hard slog.
Also hormones can have real effect on scales.
Tue 12 stone 11
Wed and Thursday run upto that time month 12 stone 12.
Got so pissed off yesterday thought I'm not weighing today but moved loads yesterday.
Where as Thursday it rained all day did hardly any steps and tue and wed failed meet step target.
Trying keep to 1800 cals a day
This morning weighed 12 stone 10.
Need to lose another another 5lb and get down to 12 stone 5 to have lost a whole stone and at a rate if 1lb a week 1 stone would take 14 weeks 3months basically.
So 12 stone 5 my next exiting target.
If I lost 10lb then that puts me in 11 stone bracket.
But realistically if still continued lose 1lb a week target for that will be last week of July is 10 weeks ahead.
My birthday mid July would love to have reached under 12 stone by then.

So end July to lose 10lb
End October Halloween to lose another 14 lb a stone which would put me at 10 stone 13lb in another stone bracket and maybe Xmas day new years maybe nearing target of 9 and a half stone.

just seems daunting but guess new year to hit target makes sense.
next summit I will have toned summer body.

Been making time sort wardrobe out and watch you tube style videos in clothes that flatter a larger or mid sized figure and got rid loads and made a small shopping list that hoping can find some at charity shops.
I deserve to feel and look good now whatever size I am.
Going to buy myself a treat once I reach that stone lost.

I think I need to do more high impacts exercise.
Seriously thinking of joining the gym maybe few sessions with personal trainer.

Any good recommendations beginner's on you tube for

Hitt sessions that focus on tummy.
Also any weight or strength at home beginners workout.

• Heart
My weigh day is Monday now but…had to come and say, if I’m the same then as I am today then I’ve finally beaten my lowest weight!! All those weeks posting I couldn’t lose etc, I’m over the moon.
In non scale news I bought a size 10 skirt which doesn’t fit so that’s a bit of a shitter. I think I’m about a 10 on top now but a solid 12 still on the bottom, really getting on my nerves that my hips just aren’t shifting 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My weigh day is Monday now but…had to come and say, if I’m the same then as I am today then I’ve finally beaten my lowest weight!! All those weeks posting I couldn’t lose etc, I’m over the moon.
In non scale news I bought a size 10 skirt which doesn’t fit so that’s a bit of a shitter. I think I’m about a 10 on top now but a solid 12 still on the bottom, really getting on my nerves that my hips just aren’t shifting 👀
Well done . Not all size 10 are equal depends on brand some come up small.
Primark inconsistent.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you! Yes it was a Topshop 10, my 12 jeans from there are really loose now so I thought I might be ok 😂
Top shop , gap and h &m come up small.
Also new jeans tricky as takes wear to give its like breaking in new shoes.
I'm not going to even attempt buy jeans unless I'm slimmer will stick with jeggings for now.

I brought some size 14 jeans in charity shop other week.
They don't fit but want to keep as if I can fit into them thats massive non scale victory.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have a question...has anyone else found the more they lose the quicker it's coming off? I'm close to 2 stone now since jan which I'm delighted about, but I was losing on average about a pound a week to start with - now I'm smaller it seems to be more like 2 or this week 3 pounds? Same diet, same exercise levels. I'm not complaining I'm just curious!

Reactions: 1
so i’m making a few changes to how i’m eating atm - staying in a deficit but yesterday i had 1500 ish cals, 580 of which were snacks😂😂
today i’m aiming to have bigger meals rather than tiny meals and loads of snacks, has anyone else ever found this?
Definitely works for me, I have three meals a day and only need a sweet snack in the evening with my brew.

Reactions: 1
Completed my third workout this week 💪

The gym is having a weird effect on my appetite in that after I've worked out, I'm ravenous for food as I would expect. But in between meals I no longer feel the need to snack out of boredom, it's like something has been 'reset'.

Reactions: 7
Completed my third workout this week 💪

The gym is having a weird effect on my appetite in that after I've worked out, I'm ravenous for food as I would expect. But in between meals I no longer feel the need to snack out of boredom, it's like something has been 'reset'.
i can't eat at all after i exercise!! :O

Week 9 61 days and counting
9lb lost lost 1 more lb but felt like hard slog.
Also hormones can have real effect on scales.
Tue 12 stone 11
Wed and Thursday run upto that time month 12 stone 12.
Got so pissed off yesterday thought I'm not weighing today but moved loads yesterday.
Where as Thursday it rained all day did hardly any steps and tue and wed failed meet step target.
Trying keep to 1800 cals a day
This morning weighed 12 stone 10.
Need to lose another another 5lb and get down to 12 stone 5 to have lost a whole stone and at a rate if 1lb a week 1 stone would take 14 weeks 3months basically.
So 12 stone 5 my next exiting target.
If I lost 10lb then that puts me in 11 stone bracket.
But realistically if still continued lose 1lb a week target for that will be last week of July is 10 weeks ahead.
My birthday mid July would love to have reached under 12 stone by then.

So end July to lose 10lb
End October Halloween to lose another 14 lb a stone which would put me at 10 stone 13lb in another stone bracket and maybe Xmas day new years maybe nearing target of 9 and a half stone.

just seems daunting but guess new year to hit target makes sense.
next summit I will have toned summer body.

Been making time sort wardrobe out and watch you tube style videos in clothes that flatter a larger or mid sized figure and got rid loads and made a small shopping list that hoping can find some at charity shops.
I deserve to feel and look good now whatever size I am.
Going to buy myself a treat once I reach that stone lost.

I think I need to do more high impacts exercise.
Seriously thinking of joining the gym maybe few sessions with personal trainer.

Any good recommendations beginner's on you tube for

Hitt sessions that focus on tummy.
Also any weight or strength at home beginners workout.
I'm working out with a PT every week and running with a running club every week. I love it but I'm not losing any weight. I'm at 1400 calories a day, walking, running, gym etc. But the weight will not shift 🙄🙄 I'm a size 8 but a stone overweight since having a baby and feeling crap about my size. I think what I'm saying is you will probably love working out with a PT but it might not make a massive difference to your weight loss. Losing weight is soo hard!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
After feeling annoyed all morning at my weight loss set back, looking for some NSVs I took my measurements and since the start of Jan I’ve lost 5 inches from my waist, 5 from my hips and 4.5 from my thighs/saddlebags. Also finally started taking progress pictures, better late than never 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm working out with a PT every week and running with a running club every week. I love it but I'm not losing any weight. I'm at 1400 calories a day, walking, running, gym etc. But the weight will not shift 🙄🙄 I'm a size 8 but a stone overweight since having a baby and feeling crap about my size. I think what I'm saying is you will probably love working out with a PT but it might not make a massive difference to your weight loss. Losing weight is soo hard!!
Something doesn’t sound quite right there, if you’re eating 1400 calories a day and truly tracking that so know for sure that’s what you’re eating & you are also exercising/walking etc then you should be in a calorie deficit and therefore losing weight. Unless there’s a medical issue that’s preventing you from losing weight everyone should lose in a deficit.

Have you lost and then plateau’d or just not been able to lose at all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.