Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something doesn’t sound quite right there, if you’re eating 1400 calories a day and truly tracking that so know for sure that’s what you’re eating & you are also exercising/walking etc then you should be in a calorie deficit and therefore losing weight. Unless there’s a medical issue that’s preventing you from losing weight everyone should lose in a deficit.

Have you lost and then plateau’d or just not been able to lose at all?
Not been able to lose at all. I've always found it easy to lose weight but since having baby number 4 I just can not get back to my pre baby weight. The thing is I'm trying harder than ever to lose weight! Its really frustrating 🙄

Reactions: 2
Weigh in this morning as it’s 10lb off in 3 weeks.
Simply from counting calories and swapping from SW as I’ve been a dick with that plan the past few months.
Feeling so much happier and confidence is coming back

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think I have injured my Achilles :( going to have to be careful with exercise now.
Has anyone experienced this?
Damn jumpy HIIT!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Not been able to lose at all. I've always found it easy to lose weight but since having baby number 4 I just can not get back to my pre baby weight. The thing is I'm trying harder than ever to lose weight! Its really frustrating 🙄
Yeah I can imagine that’s super frustrating!

I understand you said you wanted to lose a stone still but also that you were a size 8, do you realistically have a stone to lose? Depending on your body fat percentage it may not even be ideal trying to lose more weight because when we diet and lose weight we also lose muscle mass too which for women, as we age, can be quite detrimental.

You may be better focusing on eating at maintenance calories or just under & putting your gym and PT sessions to good use, build some muscle mass up again & use the extra energy from your food to get feel stronger and leaner. You can then always come back into a slight calorie deficit if you needed to. Lean muscle mass also burns calories at a faster rate so it’s easier to diet once you’ve built a little more muscle!

I think as women we are so programmed to lean towards a diet and focus our energy on that and cut back, deprive ourselves and lose weight etc but we can’t diet forever. We *must* give our bodies a break, so for anyone who has been in a deficit for a long period of time then have a break. Eat at maintenance calories for a few weeks or set a new goal!

We all strive to get smaller and smaller and smaller but what’s wrong with putting our energy and food to good use and building some muscle? Getting stronger, feeling lean.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think I have injured my Achilles :( going to have to be careful with exercise now.
Damn jumpy HIIT!
I hope you feel better soon ☹

I hurt my ankles skipping back in Jan when I was first starting out and had a bit more weight to throw around. A few days of rest, then using an ankle support when exercising for a couple of weeks after that really helped me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Damn jumpy HIIT!
I try and avoid as much high impact exercise as possible for this reason haha before I started lifting I used to do these YouTube dance workouts and I loved them but honestly I had more injuries to my back/knees doing them than I’ve ever had weightlifting 😂😂 HIIT can be dangerous!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Damn jumpy HIIT!
It’s so painful - use an ankle support when you are feeling up to getting back to exercise but I would lay off putting any pressure on it for a few weeks

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just ordered an ankle support from Amazon with great reviews and it’s same day delivery so hoping that with some rest I can get back to it. Hard to rest when you have a toddler though 🙈
Perhaps I’ll have to go down to 1200 cals while I can’t exercise.

• Heart
Perching myself on this thread after gaining nearly 2 stone during the pandemic due to stress eating and not being able to go to the gym.

• Heart
Thank you! Started eating a bit better, upping my walking and back to the gym, I’ve lost nearly 6lbs, relatively quickly. Now I’m just waiting for my sauna and gym classes to open, that’s my fave!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I know that exercise is only 20 per cent of weight loss but I thought i would chip in with something I've been doing in Lockdown and when the weather was bad.

On YouTube .....Rick Bhuller has walking workouts of varying lengths. They are fun, free and there's a free Facebook group as well for support.

You don't need much space to do it either!

Rick was a backing dancer and now lives in Dubai with his wife. They have just had a baby.

There is also a paid for membership but tbh the free stuff is enough.

The videos go from 1,000 steps to 10,000 steps. Research has shown that 7k a day is optimum...10k is a myth. In some he speaks, in others not. The music is great and he includes dance steps.

I recommend to start on the shorter ones. The Latin is really good but more advanced. I love BlackPink but he doesn't speak in that. The 10k are a bit boring so I prefer to do a few shorter ones instead, like the 3k he does outside.

I use hand weights while I do them, just moving my arms.

Ps. Trackers don't pickup all the steps but Rick explains this. He also has a long video on nutrition which is excellent.

Reactions: 8
I know that exercise is only 20 per cent of weight loss but I thought i would chip in with something I've been doing in Lockdown and when the weather was bad.

On YouTube .....Rick Bhuller has walking workouts of varying lengths. They are fun, free and there's a free Facebook group as well for support.

Rick was a backing dancer and now lives in Dubai with his wife. They have just had a baby.

The videos go from 1,000 steps to 10,000 steps. Research has shown that 7k a day is optimum...10k is a myth. In some he speaks, in others not. The music is great and he includes dance steps.

I recommend to start on the shorter ones. The Latin is really good but more advanced. I love BlackPink but he doesn't speak in that. The 10k are a bit boring so I prefer to do a few shorter ones instead, like the 3k he does outside.

Ps. Trackers don't pickup all the steps but Rick explains this. He also has a long video on nutrition which is excellent.
I saw his videos spoken about regularly on Tiktok but I feel as if I’m not even working out which puts me off them. If I’m committing an hour, I want to feel as if I’m doing something?

I have seen his videos as few influencers mentioned him.
I only managed 6k dig walk this morning the weather is crap makes me feel so unmotivated.
Planned todays meals
Lots housework.
Wish I hadent weighed myself this morning 2lb up since yesterday morning.
I know I haven't gained 2lb it must be hormonal or water retention.
I have adjusted to 1lb a week and if I do t lose least a 1lb I get down.
Have covid jab wed so not sure I will be this week so will focus on walking as much as I can and keeping to calories.

Yes! He's been reccomended on this thread before. Alongside a woman whose name escapes me. Similar premise, walking videos! So good for rainy days to get a walk in. Or for lockdown (but hopefully none of us have to go back in to one!)

Reactions: 1
Leslie Sansone is the woman who does the indoor walking videos, I’ve been doing the, for years, I’d describe them as like a low impact aerobics workout/slightly higher intensity version of a walk. I do them on days it’s too wet to go for a walk just to get my steps in and I do get a bit of a sweat on. I think though you can make them as hard or as easy as you want, on days I feel more energetic I go a bit faster or use my arms a lot more than she does or jump about a bit more rather than keeping my feet more on the floor. That’s the beauty of them!

• Heart
Been lurking on this thread for a while. After reading how well use are doing on calorie counting im giving it a shot from tomorrow. Could somebody please explain to me what calorie deficit is? I’ve got mfp but that says to have 1200 per day, but noticed people seem to have more than that. So wasn’t sure if that was right. Thanks in advance.

• Heart
Been lurking on this thread for a while. After reading how well use are doing on calorie counting im giving it a shot from tomorrow. Could somebody please explain to me what calorie deficit is? I’ve got mfp but that says to have 1200 per day, but noticed people seem to have more than that. So wasn’t sure if that was right. Thanks in advance.
MFP gives most women 1200 which is too low! I lost more on 1400 and 1600 than I ever did on 1200. It shouldn't be about eating as little calories as you can get away with, more about making long term changes that you can sustain.

Calorie deficit is just eating less calories than you burn. Google tdee calculator, work out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, so how many calories your body needs in a day to maintain its weight) and then take 500 calories off, which in theory will give you a loss of 1lb a week (as 1lb of fat roughly equals 3500 calories, so 3500/7 =500). You can reduce the deficit to make it slower if 500 feels too much.

Reactions: 3
MFP gives most women 1200 which is too low! I lost more on 1400 and 1600 than I ever did on 1200. It shouldn't be about eating as little calories as you can get away with, more about making long term changes that you can sustain.

Calorie deficit is just eating less calories than you burn. Google tdee calculator, work out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, so how many calories your body needs in a day to maintain its weight) and then take 500 calories off, which in theory will give you a loss of 1lb a week (as 1lb of fat roughly equals 3500 calories, so 3500/7 =500). You can reduce the deficit to make it slower if 500 feels too much.
Thank you so much for that. Thats make sense.

Reactions: 2
Weighed in on Friday and had a maintain, just jumped on the scales again and I’ve lost 2lb!!
Takes me to 1 stone 8lbs loss which I’m absolutely chuffed with!! I’m also VERY close to just being considered fat rather than obese 🥴😂 I’m lucky though that at 6ft I definitely don’t look huge, but I feel SO much healthier already. Glad I jumped on the scale again this morning!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.