Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you link it to say a BBC good food recipe? I find I have smaller portions and then the kids will have seconds so never really know how many portions per recipe I'm getting
in theory you can import websites but I've never worked out how to do it. I tend to do it the same way as @Laur91 .

Reactions: 1
Lost 1lb this week, probably from having my hair cut 😅 I'm now 1lb lower than when I started in Feb 🙈 haven't been tracking cals since the free trail ended so that's probably why. Is mfp any good? I find it hard to track when home cooking
Lifesum is much better than mpf and is free

Reactions: 3
MFP is free too! There is a premium version but in over a year of using it I've never had any need to pay for that.

There is also nutracheck but I wasn't keen on that. I think it's just down to personal preference and what you are used to.

Reactions: 5
Week 19: -2 lbs
Total: 3 stone 3 lb

ZERO exercise this week due to an injury, but I stayed on calories so I guess it really is mostly down to diet. I'm still WFH and the mornings feel SO EXTRA BLOODY LONG without that exercise distraction. I ate my lunch at 11 AM yesterday I was so fixated on it. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Set my loss target to 0.5lb a week and that’s exactly what I’ve lost 🥰 0.8lb away from first target - thats as good as there I’d say!
Next stop 9 stone, though I’m gonna continue at 0.5lb a week
EE0156D5-9534-4018-AA81-CD78913DE25C.png

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Week 18: -4.25lb! My biggest loss so far and i’m now the lowest weight I have on record from my weight loss attempts over the last 8 years! I’m 0.5lb away from the scale starting with a new stone too 🎉

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I'm so happy! Finally reached 1 stone weight loss. Still got a couple of stone to go, and it's taken me 4 months 😅 but I'm so happy 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Using today’s rainy weather as an excuse to go through my wardrobe, trying everything on and getting rid of clothes that don’t fit anymore. Four Sainsburys carrier bags for the bin and probably the same again to go to charity 😱

The problem was anything I’ve bought fairly recently is now massive on me (lots of baggy clothes due to hide my shape) so had to go, and the few bits in smaller sizes are so old they aren’t really my style anymore. Think I need to go shopping urgently haha!

• Heart
Does anyone have any overnight oats recipes you'd recommend? I made some this morning, they were nice, but baked oats way better and less calories!

I'd love to give them another go though as they'd be perfect for when I'm back at work!
2 tbl spoons of oats, 2 tlb spoons natural yog (0%) fat give it a good mix. Pop some frozen blueberries on top. Cheap and easy!

Reactions: 1
Day off today. No counting. Having a rest day as my muscles really ache today. Also have a swollen mouth/face because of wisdom tooth so just feeling a bit sorry for myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Made it to the gym today, I've done x3 gym workouts this week, so I'm pleased with myself.

I weighed myself each day this week to see the fluctuation; there was a difference of 4lbs throughout the week, then I got my period after several years :rolleyes: so that may explain why it was so up and down

Non-scale victories - I feel like I'm getting stronger, which is a nice feeling. I think my trousers are a little looser around the upper leg area

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Made it to the gym today, I've done x3 gym workouts this week, so I'm pleased with myself.

I weighed myself each day this week to see the fluctuation; there was a difference of 4lbs throughout the week, then I got my period after several years :rolleyes: so that may explain why it was so up and down

Non-scale victories - I feel like I'm getting stronger, which is a nice feeling. I think my trousers are a little looser around the upper leg area
You can see why women get so disenchanted, get on the scales on the wrong day and it can feel like there is no progress at all. It's why I advocate all women weigh themselves everyday for a couple of months, not to keep a check on their weight but to get in tune with all the little changes in our bodies over our cycle. Seeing my weight go up by 5lb in 24 hours and then realising that my sense of smell was heightened and I was almost having a dissociative episode around the same time made me realise I needed to pay much more attention to my body.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
3lbs off for me this week. Honestly can’t believe I’m still losing. I’ve discovered over the past 11 weeks that I actually like exercise and that I don’t need a takeaway/junk food every week. I’m enjoying the fakeaways we make and just feel so much better overall.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well done guys 👏🏻 I am back on it rigidly today after 8 days off. Doesn’t sound much in the grand scheme of things (17 weeks on plan before now) but I am shocked at how easily it was to fall back into old and lazy habits.. no exercise, no food shopping done meaning opting for takeaways instead 😬 yikes.

• Heart
treating myself to a chinese takeaway tonight before i get back to calorie counting tomorrow! :cautious:🥳

Reactions: 8
I’m feeling really dumb right now 😂 I genuinely think the reason I stopped losing weight for ages was the lack of any steps, I mean some days I am doing like 100 steps in the house. Now I’m aiming for 5k a day, I seem to be losing weight on 1400 cals. Since Tuesday I’m down a whole lb and I still have a few days to go! Nearly back at my lowest 🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m feeling really dumb right now 😂 I genuinely think the reason I stopped losing weight for ages was the lack of any steps, I mean some days I am doing like 100 steps in the house. Now I’m aiming for 5k a day, I seem to be losing weight on 1400 cals. Since Tuesday I’m down a whole lb and I still have a few days to go! Nearly back at my lowest 🤞🏻🤞🏻
I didn't realise how important steps were either until recently

Reactions: 9
I didn't realise how important steps were either until recently
Makes a huge difference doesn’t it! I get trapped in the mindset of ‘anything short of 10k and it’s not worth it’ but even trying to do 5k when I usually do about 200 is definitely having an impact

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.