Weight Loss and Healthy Living #5 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
-2lb for me this week and I could cry with happiness. I’ve had the shittiest week after going through a breakup last Sunday so it’s been SO hard to stay on track. I think this is the first time in my life I’ve dealt with sadness without turning to food. Very proud of myself 😁😁
1lb until my stone and a half.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Half a kilo down for me this week yayy! I thought I’d ruined it yesterday (had a very good week for food and exercise but ate a lot of sweet things yesterday) but seems like I’ve been ok!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m up 1.2lbs this morning 😭😭
Dont feel sorry for me, I ate pizza and ice cream last night 😬 thought about not weighing today but I’m trying to just use it as data, will be interested to see how quickly it goes back down. Very quickly I hope! I’m a little bit regretting eating it. And a little but not 😈

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m up 1.2lbs this morning 😭😭
Dont feel sorry for me, I ate pizza and ice cream last night 😬 thought about not weighing today but I’m trying to just use it as data, will be interested to see how quickly it goes back down. Very quickly I hope! I’m a little bit regretting eating it. And a little but not 😈
I've notice after cheat day on a Friday, my weight returns to normal by Tuesday, and (so far, knock on wood) I've lost my usual 2lbs by Saturday.

Reactions: 8
I've notice after cheat day on a Friday, my weight returns to normal by Tuesday, and (so far, knock on wood) I've lost my usual 2lbs by Saturday.
I’m hoping it won’t slow me down too much. I’ve been pretty strict the last 6 or so weeks so after a bad day yesterday just felt like I didn’t want to cook. I was pretty good I didn’t eat the whole pizza but I did eat all the ice cream 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I had pizza for tea last night so didn't dare go on the scales this morning 😂 I really am in duck it mode atm and then keep seeing pictures of slim women on instagram and I'm like 🥲 I have never been that slim and don't think I ever will be. I know there's posing and photoshopping but ultimately they're still size 6 and 8s and I'm desperate to be that size as well but not desperate enough to not eat everything in sight. I know how to be healthy and generally I do eat well but I have a snack if I'm happy, sad, bored, tired, stressed. I'm bloody well sick of myself tbh and don't know it I should take a break from counting cals for a few days or try to get back on a better track.

Reactions: 2
I had pizza for tea last night so didn't dare go on the scales this morning 😂 I really am in duck it mode atm and then keep seeing pictures of slim women on instagram and I'm like 🥲 I have never been that slim and don't think I ever will be. I know there's posing and photoshopping but ultimately they're still size 6 and 8s and I'm desperate to be that size as well but not desperate enough to not eat everything in sight. I know how to be healthy and generally I do eat well but I have a snack if I'm happy, sad, bored, tired, stressed. I'm bloody well sick of myself tbh and don't know it I should take a break from counting cals for a few days or try to get back on a better track.
I think the best place any of us can get to is where we feel healthy and comfortable in our bodies but don’t have to starve ourselves to be there. I’d love to be really lean but I don’t ever want to not be able to enjoy holidays or meals out with friends etc. Maybe take the bank holiday as a little break and see how you feel after?

Reactions: 6
I think the best place any of us can get to is where we feel healthy and comfortable in our bodies but don’t have to starve ourselves to be there. I’d love to be really lean but I don’t ever want to not be able to enjoy holidays or meals out with friends etc. Maybe take the bank holiday as a little break and see how you feel after?
Exactly the 80/20 balance is what we should be aiming for so 80% of what we eat is nutritious food and the 20% is the treats. We don't need biscuits or crisps everyday. I am quite disciplined in what I buy as if I have crap in the house, I will eat it. As a child we never had a box of treats in the cupboard for everyday consumption. sometimes we got sweets, sometimes we got biscuits or a cake but it never formed part of our everyday diet but all the multi packs of junk encourage people to stock it as a matter of course. The less manufactured food we eat the better

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Exactly the 80/20 balance is what we should be aiming for so 80% of what we eat is nutritious food and the 20% is the treats. We don't need biscuits or crisps everyday. I am quite disciplined in what I buy as if I have crap in the house, I will eat it. As a child we never had a box of treats in the cupboard for everyday consumption. sometimes we got sweets, sometimes we got biscuits or a cake but it never formed part of our everyday diet but all the multi packs of junk encourage people to stock it as a matter of course. The less manufactured food we eat the better

This is just spot on!

Reactions: 1
I wish I could be that disciplined

Reactions: 4
I wish I could be that disciplined
I have to be, if I buy a pack of biscuits, I'll eat the packet in one sitting so I avoid the biscuit aisle, same with cakes. I plan my weekly meals and shop accordingly and I never let myself get hungry, it's fatal. I eat a massive bowl of porridge in the morning with cream and golden syrup, probably about 700 calories worth but it fills me up for hours so I only end up eating 2 meals a day.

Marking a stone and a half lost today :) 10st 3lbs this morning, my May goal is to be 9st-something by the end of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ooh I’m glad I’ve found this thread, I’m starting to healthy eat and get into walking more and exercising on Monday. I’m thinking of doing the couch to 5k and have some hello fresh boxes coming.

do people have any healthy snack suggestions? As that’s my downfall, and also any exercise to loose weight around my hips? I just want to loose abit of weight and tone up a little bit ❤

Reactions: 8
Ooh I’m glad I’ve found this thread, I’m starting to healthy eat and get into walking more and exercising on Monday. I’m thinking of doing the couch to 5k and have some hello fresh boxes coming.

do people have any healthy snack suggestions? As that’s my downfall, and also any exercise to loose weight around my hips? I just want to loose abit of weight and tone up a little bit ❤
rice cakes and peanut butter is my fave
or yogurt and fruit🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Marking a stone and a half lost today :) 10st 3lbs this morning, my May goal is to be 9st-something by the end of it.
Well done! I was 10st3.8 on Wednesday but have gone back up. Really want to get into the 9’s too, so we’re at a similar place.

If you eat properly you don't need snacks. This idea that we need snacks is what sabotages weight loss. Eat 3 balanced, filling meals a day and drop the snacks.

• Heart

I like popcorn, apple slices and peanut butter or nuts and dried fruit for snacks

I mostly stick with fruit for snacking, but ice lollies hit the spot in summer and are very low cal. 😋

If you eat properly you don't need snacks. This idea that we need snacks is what sabotages weight loss. Eat 3 balanced, filling meals a day and drop the snacks.
Slightly confused why you’d drop snacks? all that matters at the end of the day is energy balance. Also sometimes people struggle with eating 3 meals a day and would prefer to eat 5 or 6 smaller meals. I don’t think it’s a must to eat only 3 meals a day.

I eat 3 meals a day, plus two or three snacks and remain in my calorie deficit each day with no issues. I eat snacks for various reasons for example a higher carb snack immediately before a workout if I need an energy boost.

not really sure how you can promote 80/20 lifestyle if you then don’t promote snacking - if you enjoy chocolate or crisps for example like you mentioned how do you make a biscuit or a packet of crisps part of your meal? There’s no difference to eating crisps WITH your lunch or an hour or two afterwards. At the end of the day you’re consuming the same amount of calories, just at different intervals?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.