Weight Loss and Healthy Living #4 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone! I've just been for a 5k walk to try & get my steps in as I find it so hard to do 10k on my days off (tbh even doing it at work is sometimes a struggle!). I find counting steps so frustrating sometimes, it feels like I'm doing loads then I check & I've done 2k 😂🙄.

Does anyone have any tips for increasing NEAT? I'm pushing with the steps & trying not to sit down for too long but I'm just a bit stuck on what else I can do!
New to this thread but have you seen the step workouts on Youtube? 15 mins for 2000 steps or more if you want to.

Reactions: 4
I am having one of those days where I wish I could eat everything!

I have had 1525 calories and I’m still ravenous, I am dreaming about eating a bowl of weetabix chocolate crispy minis 😋

However tomorrow is treat/takeaway day so I’ve just gotta stay strong for 24 more hours💪🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Been trying to go for walks after work every day with the intention of starting couch to 5k once I feel a bit fitter but I’m so worried about being too heavy to run at the moment! Don’t want to do any damage to my knees or anything

🙈Okay confession: I caved. I ate the weetabix. Now at 1725 BUT I feel satisfied. I don’t regret it.

With my morning workouts and lunch walk my watch says I’m on track to burn 2600 calories today so I should still have a good deficit.

(my TDEE without exercise is 1941 anyway so still under that even if my watch is overestimating)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
🙈Okay confession: I caved. I ate the weetabix. Now at 1725 BUT I feel satisfied. I don’t regret it.

With my morning workouts and lunch walk my watch says I’m on track to burn 2600 calories today so I should still have a good deficit.

(my TDEE without exercise is 1941 anyway so still under that even if my watch is overestimating)
Sometimes you just gotta have the cereal!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Don't fight the weetabix! You may have spent an entire evening thinking about it, whereas now you're satisfied and can go about your day (y)

Non-scale victory today: I managed to do mountain climbers for the full 32 seconds without stopping in the video I was doing today.

My sleep is way better. I mentioned on the other thread, I'm staying asleep now, but I've also noticed it's easier for me to get to sleep, and I'm not oversleeping (for a period of time, I was averaging about 13 hours a night, and not feeling good for it).

• Heart
Don't fight the weetabix! You may have spent an entire evening thinking about it, whereas now you're satisfied and can go about your day (y)

Non-scale victory today: I managed to do mountain climbers for the full 32 seconds without stopping in the video I was doing today.

My sleep is way better. I mentioned on the other thread, I'm staying asleep now, but I've also noticed it's easier for me to get to sleep, and I'm not oversleeping (for a period of time, I was averaging about 13 hours a night, and not feeling good for it).
Well done on the mountain climbers! That is goals, I can only manage about 8 seconds 🤪🙈

Reactions: 2
Thank you! It took about a month to get there (I'd stop after 5 seconds, 10 seconds etc) and I still curse under my breath when they come up

Did 20 mins on the exercise bike there and my legs are like absolute jelly, finished the day on 1250 calories. It’s going to be a tough journey but I’m here for it :)

Reactions: 7
Came just under calories today despite having an 800 calorie breakfast 😂🙈 & I've just fought the urge to binge. Feeling like I'm finally moving in the right direction. Binge eating has been such a battle for me over the years and sometimes it feels like it'll always control me. I know calorie counting is probably counter productive to overcoming binge eating in the long run but for now it's the start I need to finally stopping the horrible binge cycle I live in. Now just to stop being obsessed with food 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s a full channel set eternity. Tiffany said they can’t resize it, I found one jeweller in Hatton Garden who said that they could but I just don’t think I want to, it feels like it wouldn’t be the same. I do very rarely put it on my middle finger so I do have that option and I’ve thought about sometimes putting it on a necklace maybe. It’s a real shame but even if it’s only in my jewellery box I just couldn’t sell it, it means the world to me
My friend had sort of little balls attached to the inside of a ring she has which is too big for her which makes it fit now as she couldn't get it resized - could be an option?

Here's what they are, found on google!

Attachments

Reactions: 1
My friend had sort of little balls attached to the inside of a ring she has which is too big for her which makes it fit now as she couldn't get it resized - could be an option?

Here's what they are, found on google!
Thank you, yes I’ve seen these but honestly I’d have needed such massive balls and the rings would have just looked silly and been too wide between my little and middle finger. I’ve had my engagement ring resized as that’s a solitaire so was easy but couldn’t be done with my others. My original rings are so big that if I put them on my wedding finger they just drop right off there’s no stay in them at all. I like my new fingers now though ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can you wear them as necklaces? Maybe you can get a nice chain for them and use them as pendants rather than rings.

Can you wear them as necklaces? Maybe you can get a nice chain for them and use them as pendants rather than rings.
Yep it’s definitely an option although I don’t wear necklaces much 😄 my original wedding ring is safely in my jewellery box, could never part with that one either. Don’t think my husband had any ideas how many rings he would be required to buy when he chose to marry me 😄 but enough about my rings you’ll all be getting bored of me!

Rest day for me today. Have felt quite guilty about it but trying to remember that it’s ok to do that sometimes and that one missed day of exercise doesn’t matter as long as I’m consistent. Back on it tomorrow and motivated by the thought of the Bailey’s Easter egg I’ve managed to order for Easter! 😋

Reactions: 3
I am having one of those days where I wish I could eat everything!

I have had 1525 calories and I’m still ravenous, I am dreaming about eating a bowl of weetabix chocolate crispy minis 😋

However tomorrow is treat/takeaway day so I’ve just gotta stay strong for 24 more hours💪🏻
I am absolutely starving today - I have had 1600 calories but just want to EAT. Had a diet coke to try make myself stop wanting food but now I want crisps, so close to craving but I have been eating so badly the last few weeks and just justifying it by running.. Edit to say - I love running, I dont run to loose weight, I am doing a half marathon also, but by running I feel it gives me some more flexibility for when I eat badly

I had a low grade freak out about my wedding this afternoon so after my resistance band weights workout I went out for a walk as the sun went down, it was so lovely and I felt so much better for it. Had a lovely filling dinner and a serving of low sugar strawberry Angel delight - such a throwback 😂 amazing treat for 90 cals.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think I’m going to maintain this week. I’m within deficit but I know I need to start exercising more. I’m so much more better in the brighter months... my sofa is too inviting when it’s cold 🤣 although my partner is converting our garage into a home gym for me so soon I’ll have no excuses

Reactions: 3
Thursday morning weigh in and I'm down 2 pounds which brings total loss so far to 23 pounds. I could have done better this week as I've essentially not exercised at all (combination of Masters degree assignments all being due and shite weather) so I'm hoping next week I'll be able to exercise again. Feel a little disheartened and I'm not sure why, maybe just pure impatience on my part 😂

Reactions: 8
Concentrate on a month at a time, sometimes having to think about a long period of time and dieting can be overwhelming.

Set yourself a monthly target and do it that way.

Good luck x
^^^ This. Weighing yourself everyday is demoralising, particuarly if you are a child bearing age female as our weight fluctuates so much during our cycle. Now I'm in peri my weight can go up by 5lb overnight, then takes atleast a week to go back again. I've learnt to read my body a lot better now though.

Concentrate on a month at a time, sometimes having to think about a long period of time and dieting can be overwhelming.

Set yourself a monthly target and do it that way.

Good luck x
This is such a good idea. I've found weekly targets a bit too tight despite weighing weekly seems to be the done thing. I have Hashimoto's disease and my throid is a mess; I am on permanent medication for it but it also still hinders my metabolism a bit and there are times where I think it's a futile struggle (even though this is my highest weight yet and not my own "normal" so I know I function just fine a stone lighter than I am right now). I think it would help one move past the occasional over-eating or treat meals easier as well, as it wouldn't reflect too much on the monthly results compared to daily or weekly results.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.