Weight Loss and Healthy Living #4 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had to tighten my Apple Watch a notch this week 🤣🤣🤣 skinny wrists aren’t exactly the aim but I will take it

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Nope nothing, that could be the problem too. Before Christmas I stuck to 1200 religiously for 10/11 weeks with no exercise and lost 11 lbs in that time, so even 1200 was only 1 lb a week for me. Nutracheck says to eat almost 1600 to lose 1 lb a week, but it's just not happening. Still waiting for my Peloton, I might give say 1400 a go when it arrives because I feel like on 1200 and exercise I would just be too weak (I'm quite tall as well at 5'9).
It's really getting me down now though, I'm just cycling up and down these same 1.5-2lbs and can't make any progress :(
After a while at a deficit your weight loss starts to plateau and you have to do something different to shake things up a bit so I think the peloton will definitely help. I was on 1200 for a couple of months and was barely losing 1lb a week but since upping to 1400 calories and adding excercise I’ve lost at least 2lbs consistently every week.

Reactions: 8
To be fair.. and I know this makes me sound like a massive crank, one of my weight loss targets is to be a US size 6 on some of my fingers because my that’s my favourite jeweller’s standard size so it means I’ll be able to try on all the expensive rings when I go in store 😂 sad I know.
I totally get this, my engagement ring started out at a 7, it's currently on 6.25 which is too big, bought my wedding ring in a 6...and it's too tight. Just ever so slightly but enough that it's uncomfortable. Was really hoping to fit into it by the wedding! 🤣

After a while at a deficit your weight loss starts to plateau and you have to do something different to shake things up a bit so I think the peloton will definitely help. I was on 1200 for a couple of months and was barely losing 1lb a week but since upping to 1400 calories and adding excercise I’ve lost at least 2lbs consistently every week.
Yeah I'm thinking I will try 1400 and aim to start on 3 x 20 min spins a week and see if it helps!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Morning all, weighed this morning and I’m still at last week’s weight...anyone else eat really well and exercise really well for a day and wonder why they haven’t lost a stone? 🧐😂 I’m gonna go for another run in the morning before I do my Friday weigh in and then chippy tea tomorrow night 😇

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Okay so I have a non scale target to reach, I ordered a skirt in the H&M sale, got it in a 14 as figured better to be safe and 14 always fits me.

Well... it’s quite a small 14 😬 I can get it done up but it shows every inch of fat. Soo target is to be comfortable to wear the skirt out (whenever that may be... it’s cream leather so doubt I’ll have a night out to wear it to any time soon anyway 😂). Going to take a pic in the skirt each week to show progress 😌

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Okay so I have a non scale target to reach, I ordered a skirt in the H&M sale, got it in a 14 as figured better to be safe and 14 always fits me.

Well... it’s quite a small 14 😬 I can get it done up but it shows every inch of fat. Soo target is to be comfortable to wear the skirt out (whenever that may be... it’s cream leather so doubt I’ll have a night out to wear it to any time soon anyway 😂). Going to take a pic in the skirt each week to show progress 😌
H&M are notoriously bad for sizings, it's probably more like a standard 10/12!

Reactions: 9
H&M are notoriously bad for sizings, it's probably more like a standard 10/12!
That’s true, I went for a 14 like oh well even with their rubbish sizing then it will DEFINITELY fit 😅 oh the disappointment.

It’s okay though it’s good motivation, most of my clothes are a 12 and are v v snug to the point of being unwearable at the min so I’m gonna use it as a reference point still because currently have to live my life in leggings 🥲

Reactions: 3
I totally get this, my engagement ring started out at a 7, it's currently on 6.25 which is too big, bought my wedding ring in a 6...and it's too tight. Just ever so slightly but enough that it's uncomfortable. Was really hoping to fit into it by the wedding! 🤣

Yeah I'm thinking I will try 1400 and aim to start on 3 x 20 min spins a week and see if it helps!
What about cycling calories have you tried that? So have 1200 one day then the next 1600 then back to 1200 and so on? Could be worth a try?

On the subject of rings when I lost my weight I went from an N(7) to a J(5) and had to get my wedding ring remade as it’s a full band of diamonds and couldn’t be resized. I’ve got a Tiffany eternity ring too that has huge sentimental value that’s too big now which I’m gutted about as I don’t think he’s going to buy me another one and even if he did it doesn’t have the same meaning. It’s odd though because when I was slim in my 20’s my fingers were still an N then so I was really surprised they shrank 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Managed to knock 1kg/2.2 lbs off my set back weight! Haven't been doing much tbh, so I don't know what changed but I'll take it. Haven't exercised at all this week apart from going on a walk twice. (Cramps are uncharacteristically strong, idk what's going on but I won't challenge it until I don't want to groan 24/7) Hopefully there won't be any more relapses of any kind and I'll keep at it. Feeling very unaccomplished compared to everyone else 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi everyone!

I am sort of new to this thread, hope you all don't mind but could really do with the encouragement, motivation and tips! I commented briefly a while ago as I did quite well in January but slipped in February.

I have got myself a little fake fitbit from Amazon which I have been using to track my steps, etc. I am calorie counting and have a calorie deficit of 1500. Trying to get as much protein as I can into my diet. Have an exercise bike that I am going to push myself to go on this weekend when I am off work, as well as get out for a big walk and do some home workouts. I swapped my fizzy drinks to sparkling water or if I am really craving one, diet pepsi. So thats quite good in itself as I loved Pepsi/Coke full fat for a wee lift/sugar rush. I have swapped heavy beer for bud light if I have a drink and even then it will only be a few, i will drink vodka soda water and lime on a Sat night. I am back to work now 5 days a week which I think will help too as when I am sat at home its so easy to just keep munching on stuff! Going to lay off the easy option of ordering in takeaway on Friday/Sundays. In general just going to watch what I am eating, track what I am eating, eat better, eat less and move more.

I am the heaviest I have ever been and I really hate the person I see in the mirror. I want to have more confidence in myself. I am currently just under 13 stone, and a size 12-14. I have always had quite big boobs/hips/thighs but I was a size 10-12 and about 10/11 stone. I want to lose a couple of stone. If I see it starting to shift I know that will be the push, but anything I do right now, the scales just always go between 12.1 to 12.11 and it really gets me down. I don't know If I am weighing myself too often. I know now I definitely have it in me to keep at this until I get to my target weight. I just want to like the person in the mirror and not feel so crap. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hi everyone!

I am sort of new to this thread, hope you all don't mind but could really do with the encouragement, motivation and tips! I commented briefly a while ago as I did quite well in January but slipped in February.

I have got myself a little fake fitbit from Amazon which I have been using to track my steps, etc. I am calorie counting and have a calorie deficit of 1500. Trying to get as much protein as I can into my diet. Have an exercise bike that I am going to push myself to go on this weekend when I am off work, as well as get out for a big walk and do some home workouts. I swapped my fizzy drinks to sparkling water or if I am really craving one, diet pepsi. So thats quite good in itself as I loved Pepsi/Coke full fat for a wee lift/sugar rush. I have swapped heavy beer for bud light if I have a drink and even then it will only be a few, i will drink vodka soda water and lime on a Sat night. I am back to work now 5 days a week which I think will help too as when I am sat at home its so easy to just keep munching on stuff! Going to lay off the easy option of ordering in takeaway on Friday/Sundays. In general just going to watch what I am eating, track what I am eating, eat better, eat less and move more.

I am the heaviest I have ever been and I really hate the person I see in the mirror. I want to have more confidence in myself. I am currently just under 13 stone, and a size 12-14. I have always had quite big boobs/hips/thighs but I was a size 10-12 and about 10/11 stone. I want to lose a couple of stone. If I see it starting to shift I know that will be the push, but anything I do right now, the scales just always go between 12.1 to 12.11 and it really gets me down. I don't know If I am weighing myself too often. I know now I definitely have it in me to keep at this until I get to my target weight. I just want to like the person in the mirror and not feel so crap. xx
Welcome!

Do you mean you're eating 1500 cals a day or running a 1500 deficit? a 1500 deficit is way too high at your size...

Reactions: 3
Welcome!

Do you mean you're eating 1500 cals a day or running a 1500 deficit? a 1500 deficit is way too high at your size...
Its all very new to me but I have signed up to do a shred with someone I went to school with who is a personal trainer and I sent her my fitness pal details which she decoded for me and worked out, she told me 1500.. so now I am really confused :( What should it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am so useless with this.

Reactions: 1
Nope nothing, that could be the problem too. Before Christmas I stuck to 1200 religiously for 10/11 weeks with no exercise and lost 11 lbs in that time, so even 1200 was only 1 lb a week for me. Nutracheck says to eat almost 1600 to lose 1 lb a week, but it's just not happening. Still waiting for my Peloton, I might give say 1400 a go when it arrives because I feel like on 1200 and exercise I would just be too weak (I'm quite tall as well at 5'9).
It's really getting me down now though, I'm just cycling up and down these same 1.5-2lbs and can't make any progress :(
This happens to me as well, just diet, lose weight.

Diet and exercise, I lose very very slowly, if at all.

I need to get out and run ( ha ha, skip, hop and walk) for my sanity and fresh air as WFH now.

It's just so unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey everyone! I've just been for a 5k walk to try & get my steps in as I find it so hard to do 10k on my days off (tbh even doing it at work is sometimes a struggle!). I find counting steps so frustrating sometimes, it feels like I'm doing loads then I check & I've done 2k 😂🙄.

Does anyone have any tips for increasing NEAT? I'm pushing with the steps & trying not to sit down for too long but I'm just a bit stuck on what else I can do!

What about cycling calories have you tried that? So have 1200 one day then the next 1600 then back to 1200 and so on? Could be worth a try?

On the subject of rings when I lost my weight I went from an N(7) to a J(5) and had to get my wedding ring remade as it’s a full band of diamonds and couldn’t be resized. I’ve got a Tiffany eternity ring too that has huge sentimental value that’s too big now which I’m gutted about as I don’t think he’s going to buy me another one and even if he did it doesn’t have the same meaning. It’s odd though because when I was slim in my 20’s my fingers were still an N then so I was really surprised they shrank 🤷🏻‍♀️
You can get those little plastic things that help them stay snug. I know they don't look the part but if it means you can still wear your favourite jewellery why not!

You can get those little plastic things that help them stay snug. I know they don't look the part but if it means you can still wear your favourite jewellery why not!
Yep I did try one but I found it really uncomfortable it’s just so big between my little and middle finger. I can wear it on my middle finger but I’m not that keen on rings other than on my wedding finger. Sometimes I put it on the inside of my wedding ring so that holds it in place but it’s a bit annoying. Never mind, I shall never part with it as he surprised me with it while we were abroad and it’s a reminder of one of my favourite trips we did ☺

• Heart
I’ve got a Tiffany eternity ring too that has huge sentimental value that’s too big now which I’m gutted about as I don’t think he’s going to buy me another one and even if he did it doesn’t have the same meaning.
What style is your ring, a full or half eternity? Most of them can be resized, it’s worth asking and doesn’t usually cost too much? 🤞🏻

Weighed in this morning at 79kg bang on. I'm down 10.5lbs since January which I'm happy with especially as I didn't lose anything in February. Mind you today all I've eaten is biscuits 🙄 just one of those days!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What style is your ring, a full or half eternity? Most of them can be resized, it’s worth asking and doesn’t usually cost too much? 🤞🏻
It’s a full channel set eternity. Tiffany said they can’t resize it, I found one jeweller in Hatton Garden who said that they could but I just don’t think I want to, it feels like it wouldn’t be the same. I do very rarely put it on my middle finger so I do have that option and I’ve thought about sometimes putting it on a necklace maybe. It’s a real shame but even if it’s only in my jewellery box I just couldn’t sell it, it means the world to me

It’s a full channel set eternity. Tiffany said they can’t resize it, I found one jeweller in Hatton Garden who said that they could but I just don’t think I want to, it feels like it wouldn’t be the same. I do very rarely put it on my middle finger so I do have that option and I’ve thought about sometimes putting it on a necklace maybe. It’s a real shame but even if it’s only in my jewellery box I just couldn’t sell it, it means the world to me
Oh that’s so disappointing, it sounds beautiful 😭 I would definitely wear it on another finger or through a necklace, you can still appreciate it then 😍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.