Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to follow his fiancée, she has had some very weird work done - doesn’t even look human anymore :/
I was looking and thought the same. She looked like she had that weird Demi Moore catwalk look to her face.

I am 100% natural. I don’t know how I feel about plastic surgery. I mean it looks like she has had everything done On her face.

So does anyone on here have any experience with anti depressants and weight loss/gain? Have been described setraline for mild depression and anxiety/OCD and I haven’t started them yet - mainly because I’m waiting for next week so I’m not at work feeling unwell from possible side effects but just wondering if anyone had any idea on how it effects your weight. I’m not overly nervous to take them on the weight front as I know I need to but just don’t want to be fighting a losing battle with weight loss you know 😂
I started Sertraline back in January for the same reasons as you (depression/anxiety/OCD) and I haven't noticed any difference in my weight or appetite. It has been making a good dent in my OCD and has lightened my mood a bit (I've started rediscovering my old hobbies I haven't touched in over a year instead of just lying down and zoning out) but it's still early days yet. With Sertraline I had one day of nausea/upset stomach and then I was fine. The only big side effect is that it's made my RLS worse including affecting my arms as well rather than just my legs.

The only thing I will say is to read the leaflet thoroughly and heed the warning where it says that it can happen at any age but if you're under 25 (sorry, not sure of your age) then you need to be extra careful because it can make your depression spike before it improves - I had Fluoxetine when I was 24 and it mentally sent me to a horrendously dark place initially. Though these things affect everyone differently, some people take them and they're absolutely fine. Fluoxetine scared me off taking anti-depressants since 2012 because of the side effects but I'm really happy with how things are going with Sertraline. Please don't worry about taking medication, just be sure to look after yourself.

I hope you start to feel a bit better soon.

Reactions: 3
This is going to be me tonight, but I don’t need to worry because I’ve got one of the Sainsburys thin stone baked 400calorie wonders 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 So excited for proper pizza!

Also, weighed in this morning and I’m 12st 13lb, that’s a loss of 1.8lb since last Saturday (including my Valentine’s Day off plan) so I’m happy with that. Total loss of 1st 3.3lbs but psychologically it seems more because I’m now 12 stone something and I was 14 stone something when I started 💪🏻 Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Weigh day for me - down a kg woooo! 4.5kg total ☺ Won’t be weighing next week as TOTM so will go back to calorie tracking I think ☺ Hope everyone has a good weigh day!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So what had helped people lose weight? I honestly don’t know where to start. What I do know is my eating feels out of control and I wake up daily feeling like tit and missing my old, thinner face. I can’t go on. Are you all just making better food choices and exercising more? Wish me luck because I feel I am going to need it. Because I have no willpower and I do feel lockdown really has impacted my ability to control food Intake.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So what had helped people lose weight? I honestly don’t know where to start. What I do know is my eating feels out of control and I wake up daily feeling like tit and missing my old, thinner face. I can’t go on. Are you all just making better food choices and exercising more? Wish me luck because I feel I am going to need it. Because I have no willpower and I do feel lockdown really has impacted my ability to control food Intake.
Work out how many calories you need to be in a deficit (google TDEE calculator) and stick to that!!! Download a counter like Nutracheck or my fitness pal and track EVERYTHING you eat... weigh it all out to be accurate. If you are in a deficit then you will lose weight (providing it isn’t too big as your body will store fat).

It’ll fluctuate due to water retention but over a long period if you are in a deficit then you’ll lose. It’s scientifically the only way to do it :) calories in need to be less than calories burnt.

Best of luck!! This is a great thread for support, tips and also sharing the struggles!! It’s not easy but it’s worth it for a healthier life!

——————
-1lb for me this morning. -12lbs in total. SOOO close to that first stone. I’ve enjoyed my food this week, stuck to my calories but had tasty meals. Very happy 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well.

I’m returning to this thread and getting back on calorie counting! We moved house last week and in the lead up and during I basically just ate tit tbh and used it as a total excuse.

I have managed to stay just under my post Christmas weight so still means I have about 2st I want to lose 😅 I’m using nutracheck and it gives me 1200 calories but I will probably go a bit over by 100 or so most days tbh.

Looking forward to losing weight with you all again!

I think small manageable changes to start with - can you increase your step count a bit? The first week I just made sure I was getting out for 30 mins in the morning, I was drinking 2.5l water a day, and if I wanted a snack I had to drink 500ml of water first. If I wanted a snack after that, that was fine, but a lot of it was about understanding that my body might be thirsty rather than hungry. Also there’s no point punishing yourself - if you’re miserable in the changes you’ve made you’re not going to stick with them, so start with small positive steps ☺

I'm not surprised about this at all. I used to follow his fiancee and she lost a lot of weight really quickly, it was a bit concerning (although she seems okay now - I guess you don't know what goes on behind the scenes). I remember at the time she said she went to the gym twice a day and she was saying things like 'I used to cry because I was tired and didn't want to go again but still went' like...really not healthy. I mean she lost the weight and seems to have kept it off but like the guy in the review said it would really be pretty hard to not get results going to the gym twice a day. The 'not being dedicated' thing seems dumb and again is probably like the guy said, Francis only wants clients he can 'gram about and if you have a cheat meal, you're not it. Funny because every PT I've ever had has said it's not about the speed of changing your body so I feel like it's suspicious anyway that he is so hyperfocused on 'not breaking the plan' I bet lots do and just don't tell him. I am a little sceptical though that this guy would put on 2lbs if it was really one homemade curry, sounds like there's more to it than what he said but overall yeah. Shady vibes from Francis.

Reactions: 5
I've had a bad week so I'm not looking forward to weigh day tomorrow!

Reactions: 2
Perfected my baked oats recipe this morning 🤩🤩🤩 the most unreal, filling breakfast.

40g oats, blended
10g hot chocolate powder / cocoa powder
75ml milk
1/2 table spoon baking powder
Vanilla extract
All mixed together, I just put it all in the blender.
In the oven at 180 for 18-20 mins
Top with whatever you please, I have 15g biscoff spread, a kids milkybar and half a banana

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Perfected my baked oats recipe this morning 🤩🤩🤩 the most unreal, filling breakfast.

40g oats, blended
10g hot chocolate powder / cocoa powder
75ml milk
1/2 table spoon baking powder
Vanilla extract
All mixed together, I just put it all in the blender.
In the oven at 180 for 18-20 mins
Top with whatever you please, I have 15g biscoff spread, a kids milkybar and half a banana
That looks delicious! I made mine this morning with water instead of milk and it worked wonderfully!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tbh I would just start by using a food tracker to look at whst you're actually eating and where your calories are coming from. It'll be a bit rough because when I've done it before I'm like oh duck that's a lot of calories but I think it's important to identify what you're eating and it's caloric value before trying to rectify it. From there, you can work out some lower calorie swaps for things you eat or just be a bit more strategic about how you want to spend your calories. Most trackers make you put in your weight, height, goal weight and will calculate for you how much you should eat for a loss. It's tough to start but it's a marathon not a sprint!

I've had a bad week so I'm not looking forward to weigh day tomorrow!
Same here. Too much snacking, going to have a word with myself this weekend and try and do some better lunch planning so I don't end up snacking in the afternoon/early evening. Safe to say I won't have hit my below 80kg target this week but never mind!

Reactions: 5
That looks delicious! I made mine this morning with water instead of milk and it worked wonderfully!
Ooo I’ll have to try this!!! I’ve tried so many different recipes for it now but the texture of it this morning was definitely the nicest so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm not surprised about this at all. I used to follow his fiancee and she lost a lot of weight really quickly, it was a bit concerning (although she seems okay now - I guess you don't know what goes on behind the scenes). I remember at the time she said she went to the gym twice a day and she was saying things like 'I used to cry because I was tired and didn't want to go again but still went' like...really not healthy. I mean she lost the weight and seems to have kept it off but like the guy in the review said it would really be pretty hard to not get results going to the gym twice a day. The 'not being dedicated' thing seems dumb and again is probably like the guy said, Francis only wants clients he can 'gram about and if you have a cheat meal, you're not it. Funny because every PT I've ever had has said it's not about the speed of changing your body so I feel like it's suspicious anyway that he is so hyperfocused on 'not breaking the plan' I bet lots do and just don't tell him. I am a little sceptical though that this guy would put on 2lbs if it was really one homemade curry, sounds like there's more to it than what he said but overall yeah. Shady vibes from Francis.
He does seem like a bit of a knob - he recently made headlines after offering people a free month if they got evidence of his clients 'cheating' on their diet so he could kick them off.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Hey girls! Weigh day today 1 stone 6 pounds gone since this thread started regardless of what the scales say I really focused on getting my non existent fitness levels up! I absolutely adore Rick Bhullar I’ve done a walking work out everyday love that he counts the steps on the screen sooo motivating. I was deeply unhappy when this thread started and I didn’t know where to start with your help and advice and general support I feel amazing so thank you everyone! Not said this for a long long time but I’m so excited for summer! Oh and my stonebake pizza tonight 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.