Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve really not been sticking to my diet, lockdown is making me binge eat like crazy! So I’m going to do the 5:2 diet, does anyone have any tips

I’ve really not been sticking to my diet, lockdown is making me binge eat like crazy! So I’m going to do the 5:2 diet, does anyone have any tips
What do you guys eat on diet days, for under 500 cals?

Last edited:
Hi 🖐 starting weight today is 104.3kg and want to get as close to 100kg by the end of Feb as a start 🤞
Does anyone track calories? I've used a few tdee calculators to find out how many calories I need to eat to lose weight and all have been around 1900 which sounds like a lot?!

Reactions: 8

What do you guys eat on diet days, for under 500 cals?
I tend to save all my calories for dinner. So during the day I have hot drinks if I feel my stomach rumble, flavoured green teas or fruit teas mostly. I find I feel a bit chillier than usual on ‘2’ days so hot drinks help with that too.

And then for dinner, usually I have either a 3 egg omelette with loads of veg or a big bowl of soup with a sandwich thin. I also like to have something sweet in the evening, usually a cup of options hot chocolate. M&S’s balanced for you range has some good ready meals for under 500cals too so I sometimes have one of them if I fancy something different.

That’s what works for me anyway, I know some people prefer having three meals but I found that harder so I think it’s a bit of a trial and error to find your groove :giggle:

Reactions: 2
I tend to save all my calories for dinner. So during the day I have hot drinks if I feel my stomach rumble, flavoured green teas or fruit teas mostly. I find I feel a bit chillier than usual on ‘2’ days so hot drinks help with that too.

And then for dinner, usually I have either a 3 egg omelette with loads of veg or a big bowl of soup with a sandwich thin. I also like to have something sweet in the evening, usually a cup of options hot chocolate. M&S’s balanced for you range has some good ready meals for under 500cals too so I sometimes have one of them if I fancy something different.

That’s what works for me anyway, I know some people prefer having three meals but I found that harder so I think it’s a bit of a trial and error to find your groove :giggle:
I love the M&S balanced for you!
It’s so tasty and it means I’m not having to stress for cals

thank you so much 😊

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any YouTube recommendations for fitness for a middle aged obese person? 😜 I’m doing 12k steps a day but thinking that I could do with adding a bit more. The steps may tone up my legs but they won’t sort my belly or my bingo wings!
Leslie Sansone is great:

Reactions: 7
I actually lost weight in jan even though I was eating around 1900 / 2000 cals a day. My steps were approx 20k per day. For me the extra walking is so worth it so i can eat what I want guilt free

Reactions: 9
The Renpho app has knocked another year off my metabolic age this morning. Only two years over my actual age now!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just found this thread and having a binge reading all the posts! Been on my weight loss journey since august and have lost 2 stone, but struggling to get below the 13 stone mark. Really hoping I will be below the 13 stone by end of feb, I’m on 13.4 as of last weds.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone got any words of wisdom/advice for me? I’m desperately unhappy with my weight but I just can’t seem to stick to any diet! I did skimming world after I had my first before and lost 4 stone, I didn’t even find it difficult because I was so motivated and just loving seeing the changes in me and people noticing, I fell pregnant with my second not long after I’d reached my target weight. Went back to slimming world after I’d had my baby and lost some weight again. Then lockdown happened and slimming world shut, and since then I’ve gained the weight back I lost and I’m back to square one! Every day I have the intention that it’s going to be a good day and I’ll do all the meal plans etc but I just don’t know how to get that motivation back to stick to it 😪 I’m eating more unhealthy than ever. Sorry for the rant I just needed a safe space to vent as I know my husband is probably sick of me moaning bless him 😂

• Heart
Ladies, following on from the exercises I love Rick Bhullar’s walking exercises he plays really good music and the energy he has I sometimes do one before I go for a walk he counts the steps while you’re doing it and I find that such good motivation! In case this helps anyone 🤍🤍

• Heart
@ADBABE I've never done Slimming World but there is a very active SW community on Instagram. If you search #slimmingworld you should find loads of accounts. Maybe start following a few and it might help get you back in to the groove?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The Renpho app has knocked another year off my metabolic age this morning. Only two years over my actual age now!
The goal!! That's great. It really got to me when it added a whole decade to my age 😂 The information lives in my head rent free at this point, I won't know rest until I actually am my age or younger. 😬

Has anyone got any words of wisdom/advice for me? I’m desperately unhappy with my weight but I just can’t seem to stick to any diet! I did skimming world after I had my first before and lost 4 stone, I didn’t even find it difficult because I was so motivated and just loving seeing the changes in me and people noticing, I fell pregnant with my second not long after I’d reached my target weight. Went back to slimming world after I’d had my baby and lost some weight again. Then lockdown happened and slimming world shut, and since then I’ve gained the weight back I lost and I’m back to square one! Every day I have the intention that it’s going to be a good day and I’ll do all the meal plans etc but I just don’t know how to get that motivation back to stick to it 😪 I’m eating more unhealthy than ever. Sorry for the rant I just needed a safe space to vent as I know my husband is probably sick of me moaning bless him 😂
I'm sorry you feel this way 💗 But don't be so hard on yourself. I think we all underestimate the effect of the pandemic and all these lockdowns on us. We may go with the flow but it is a huge change and a huge stress. You shouldn't feel like a failure for not powering through like you normally did before. You are human, you're dealing with things the best you can.

I personally never tried any of these programs so can't comment on how to get back into it. In my opinion, it should be something that can become your normal, rather than something with a deadline. If it's not your regular lifestyle, it'll eventually stop supporting you.

What do you want to eat less of? What do you want to add to your meals? Do you want to start exercising? Having a plan of clear goals sometimes makes it easier than just saying "I'll eat healthier and lose weight". So instead of that, you can try "I'll add a small salad to every meal and eat that before I indulge in other things, so I'll be full on some nutritious food." or "I'll do a 10 minute workout every day." Vagueness isn't really my friend and I found this more helpful than saying "This year I'll lose weight."

Last edited:
  • Heart

You could try just recording exactly what you have first? No target, no restrictions, just adding everything you eat and drink and seeing what your intake is compared to your estimated daily energy needs/activity levels?

That way, you're only putting the information there so you can see it - you're not 'failing', you're recording; take the emotional component out of it.

Then, perhaps after a month, look back and you might notice, for example, that on the days where you skip meals or have only refined carbs/fewer calories all day, you have ended up eating significantly more in the evening? Or that a lunch you don't even particularly like/leaves you still feeling hungry has more calories than something you absolutely love but thought due to SW you shouldn't have does?

You might also find that just seeing the numbers is enough to level you out a bit; instead of

'I'm so hungry [eats packet of crisps and 3 biscuits]. I'm STILL HUNGRY. Oh God, I'm such a failure, I might as well eat the rest now [finishes another two packets and 9 Jaffa Cakes of Self Hatred and then orders a triple decker cheeseburger, fries, 5 fl oz of mayonnaise put into the burger and over the fries by the shop, a bottle of full sugar Coke and a tub of ice cream]',

you could get

'I'm so hungry [eats packet of crisps and 3 biscuits]. I'm STILL HUNGRY [checks total so far]. Oh. 338 calories all day when I've already used 2,200. No wonder I'm hungry. I really fancy a burger. [orders burger and fries and enjoys every part of it]'

or

'I'm so hungry [eats packet of crisps and 3 biscuits]. I'm STILL HUNGRY [checks total]. 338 calories. Cool. What do I actually want, though? [makes homemade burgers, don't really fancy a bun that much, adds a thick slice of proper cheese, avocado, a fried egg, loads of brightly coloured salad and two baked sweet potatoes. Feels full of energy, pleasantly satisfied and when asked later 'do you want some ice cream?' says 'not right now, thanks. Could you put it in the freezer so I can have it later?' and then doesn't get around to it]

• Heart
Reactions: 10
2lbs off this week! Woo hoo 🤩

You could try just recording exactly what you have first? No target, no restrictions, just adding everything you eat and drink and seeing what your intake is compared to your estimated daily energy needs/activity levels?

That way, you're only putting the information there so you can see it - you're not 'failing', you're recording; take the emotional component out of it.

Then, perhaps after a month, look back and you might notice, for example, that on the days where you skip meals or have only refined carbs/fewer calories all day, you have ended up eating significantly more in the evening? Or that a lunch you don't even particularly like/leaves you still feeling hungry has more calories than something you absolutely love but thought due to SW you shouldn't have does?

You might also find that just seeing the numbers is enough to level you out a bit; instead of

'I'm so hungry [eats packet of crisps and 3 biscuits]. I'm STILL HUNGRY. Oh God, I'm such a failure, I might as well eat the rest now [finishes another two packets and 9 Jaffa Cakes of Self Hatred and then orders a triple decker cheeseburger, fries, 5 fl oz of mayonnaise put into the burger and over the fries by the shop, a bottle of full sugar Coke and a tub of ice cream]',

you could get

'I'm so hungry [eats packet of crisps and 3 biscuits]. I'm STILL HUNGRY [checks total so far]. Oh. 338 calories all day when I've already used 2,200. No wonder I'm hungry. I really fancy a burger. [orders burger and fries and enjoys every part of it]'

or

'I'm so hungry [eats packet of crisps and 3 biscuits]. I'm STILL HUNGRY [checks total]. 338 calories. Cool. What do I actually want, though? [makes homemade burgers, don't really fancy a bun that much, adds a thick slice of proper cheese, avocado, a fried egg, loads of brightly coloured salad and two baked sweet potatoes. Feels full of energy, pleasantly satisfied and when asked later 'do you want some ice cream?' says 'not right now, thanks. Could you put it in the freezer so I can have it later?' and then doesn't get around to it]
This is really good advice!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Really good advice from @TheDragonWithAFlagon - and once you have everything recorded, look for really small changes you can make. E.g. if you normally have 3 biscuits with a cup of tea, try and make that 2 for a week and then 1 the week after. Tiny incremental changes will be a lot easier than overhauling everything in one go.

• Heart
Tiny incremental changes will be a lot easier than overhauling everything in one go.
Yes totally agree with this, too much change can be overwhelming and unsustainable. I ate terribly up to 4 Jan this year and couldn’t tell you the last time I did anything resembling exercise.. I focused on eating properly for the first few weeks, and now I’m trying to do some exercise every day and finding it doable - wouldn’t have had the energy to do it all from the start.

you could get

or

This is such good advice, thank you! I really just need to simplify things for myself. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve been tracking my calories for the past 3 weeks and it has really helped me focus. I do a lot of exercise but had been putting weight on regardless.
I work from home and I’ve realised how much I eat without thinking - a biscuit here, a packet of crisps there - while I’m at work.
Tracking the calories has meant I have to think about what I have had to eat already, what I’m likely to eat at the next meal and if I have enough calories to spare. It means that when I choose to eat something now I want to sit and properly enjoy it. It’s working so far as have lost 10lb 🤞🤞🤞

Edited to add, last week was hard as had that hormonal hunger but managed some nice chocolate and snacks without it feeling like a binge.

Good luck to everyone xxx

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.