Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Such good advice in here, the best really. I said last week about maybe trying Keto, well a lighter version of that, but doing some research after comments made here I have decided against it and will calorie count instead as I am concerned about the sustainability. Plus the whole cutting out complete food groups, I get cutting out sugar is a good thing, as well as excess salt, but grains, etc. not so much. This means trying to cut back on the carbs, the simple carbs as I know they make me bloat, (bread). This means I will still be able to have potatoes, rice and maybe once a week pasta. I struggled with Slimming World because for me it felt like organised bingeing, I need to get a point where I am not eating enormous meals of permitted foods. Also, I need to quit snacking between meals and go back to three meals a day, rather than breakfast, dinner and about 8 snacks LOL I'm also going to try some of the workouts that you've generously shared as they look like the sort of workouts I could do. Good luck to everyone this coming week, it's going to be a belter x I'm hoping to try this recipe at some point this week, I love risotto but have never tried one made with buckwheat, I picked some up from Tesco and thought I'd try it. https://mygoodnesskitchen.com/green-pea-buckwheat-risotto/

Reactions: 9
For any of you oven pizza lovers, tonight I discovered Aldi’s Carlos cajun chicken pizza. It was absolutely amazing and 596 kcal for the whole thing! Lower than a lot of oven pizzas I’ve looked at for the whole thing rather than just half!

I’ve had a pretty good weekend food wise but my legs are in agony today after my first Courtney black workout yesterday morning 😂 so done very very little exercise today. It’s supposed to snow all day tomorrow but might still try and get out on a walk depending on how bad it is😬 or I’ll do a CB arm session just so the pain is even throughout my body🥴🤣🤣🤣

Would usually be my weigh in tomorrow but changed the day to fridays! Hoping for a good few days now to hopefully reach my 10lbs on Friday.

Reactions: 7
Lost 3lbs so far but weigh day is Wednesday. No workout today but other than a bit too much bread my eating has been fine!! Hoping to get a 4lb loss on Wednesday after three more workouts in the next two days :)

Reactions: 8
Made southern fried chicken today with lodough southern fried seasoning - can definitely recommend 😍
Legs were tight after stretching after the YouTube workout I did yesterday (does stretching after a workout make anyone else feel worse than if you don’t do it at all??) but we managed to get out for a walk when the worst of the snow had stopped. It was bitterly cold though 🥶

The goal!! That's great. It really got to me when it added a whole decade to my age 😂 The information lives in my head rent free at this point, I won't know rest until I actually am my age or younger. 😬

I'm sorry you feel this way 💗 But don't be so hard on yourself. I think we all underestimate the effect of the pandemic and all these lockdowns on us. We may go with the flow but it is a huge change and a huge stress. You shouldn't feel like a failure for not powering through like you normally did before. You are human, you're dealing with things the best you can.

I personally never tried any of these programs so can't comment on how to get back into it. In my opinion, it should be something that can become your normal, rather than something with a deadline. If it's not your regular lifestyle, it'll eventually stop supporting you.

What do you want to eat less of? What do you want to add to your meals? Do you want to start exercising? Having a plan of clear goals sometimes makes it easier than just saying "I'll eat healthier and lose weight". So instead of that, you can try "I'll add a small salad to every meal and eat that before I indulge in other things, so I'll be full on some nutritious food." or "I'll do a 10 minute workout every day." Vagueness isn't really my friend and I found this more helpful than saying "This year I'll lose weight."
Thank you so much 😘

Weigh in today, 0.9kg/~2lb off

I'm pleased, I know it's going to slow down compared to the first couple of weeks so I just need to accept it lol.

So that's 13lb since 2/1/21. I'm like a lb off not being a BMI of 30, so that's my mini goal, to get under that.

I was under or at my calories every day except Friday night where I had some treats but they were great so no regrets.

I didn't go on my big 3 hour walk on Sunday but I did put down a lot of laminate floor so I think it evens out 😂

Reactions: 14
I had a long talk with myself last night after a few off days and eating what I wanted. Need to get back on track now and no more being soft on myself 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Had the nicest Chinese last night so now I’m ready to get back on it. Only +.8lbs this morning (weigh everyday) so really encouraging and know it’ll come off over the next couple of days.

I’m literally so close to losing 20lbs so that’s my goal for this week. It’s huge for me as I’ve not been this weight for over 3 years. I’ve also not ever stuck to a diet for 5 weeks (probably max. 2!!!) so I think I’ve really found my groove.

Going to try those low cal Sainsbury’s pizzas this week, hoping they are yummo! This weather is just making me want to eat endless amounts of pie and mash to keep warm😂😂

Hope everyone had a good weekend ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ladies, following on from the exercises I love Rick Bhullar’s walking exercises he plays really good music and the energy he has I sometimes do one before I go for a walk he counts the steps while you’re doing it and I find that such good motivation! In case this helps anyone 🤍🤍
must try him. Love Leslie Sansone but a change would be nice

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So my work family ordered a takeaway for lunch yesterday, our ward manager wanted to treat us🥺 so I caved in and ordered a peri chicken wrap and chips, I didn’t feel guilty because it was bloody amazing! This morning was a different story, I woke up feeling full of guilt wishing I hadn’t been so greedy.

no restrictions or punishments today, just back on track!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Had my weigh, i've lost 5 pounds in exactly a month - wish it was more but im ok with that as i'm not being as active as i would like due to weather and i'm not a fan of online classes, i used to go to the gym before covid but now can't plus medication i was on was making me gain weight / is hard to loose weight on, i've been off it since corona but it'll be in my body another year so this is a big win for me - i'm aiming to lose 20 pounds!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Had my weigh, i've lost 5 pounds in exactly a month - wish it was more but im ok with that as i'm not being as active as i would like due to weather and i'm not a fan of online classes, i used to go to the gym before covid but now can't plus medication i was on was making me gain weight / is hard to loose weight on, i've been off it since corona but it'll be in my body another year so this is a big win for me - i'm aiming to lose 20 pounds!
1lb a week is a great loss in the grand scheme, you wouldn’t be disheartened at 52lbs (3.5 stone!) in a year! Keep doing what you’re doing!! You’ll be at 20lbs in no time🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 10
1lb loss this week, was hoping for a little more considering I was exercising twice a day for over half the week 😖 this week I’m going to excercise the same amount but not eat back any excercise calories and eat less on my rest day. Hopefully this will make a difference!

Reactions: 5
im glad 💚

I just worry that these types of diet cause serious disordered eating, I know they work exceptionally well for losing weight but it’s their long term sustainability that I’m concerned about. If you’re not getting enough of the right stuff in that one meal your body won’t be able to sustain itself and you might see deficiencies longer down the line that affect your day to day life. Deficiencies like b12 are not fun, and if your body isn’t nourished then things like exercise will be more difficult and you may feel fatigued.

just trying to look out for everyone really because whilst losing weight feels good it has to be sustainable and a long term plan to increase overall health is important too! An increase in good foods will improve overall energy levels, I worry about diets like slimming word creating disordered views and don’t offer a long term sustainable viewpoint on food and exercise.
I'm a vegetarian so I have to supplement b12 anyway (and I take a multivit and a few other things like vit d and vegetarian omegas 3& 6). One of the reasons I do OMAD is because I feel really sluggish if I have carbs in the day so it's just easier for me to have the one meal a day. If I want lunch I'll have it, I just find it easier and less planning to not bother

Is anyone here losing weight via Keto? I am planning to begin next week, but by reducing the carbs I have as I am a bit of a carb fiend. My plan is to have meals without pasta, rice, bread during the week and allowing myself a limited amount of carbs on Sat and Sunday. I don't think I could go fully Keto, especially as I don't eat a great deal of meat. Just really curious to see if anyone else is doing Keto?
I did keto summer 2019 and it's effective but only really works if you keep the carbs down all the time. The way it works is by reducing the cravings for carbs by teaching your body to use fat for energy instead so raising the carbs at the weekend will just mean the cravings don't ever go. You'll also have big water weight losses which will then be negated when you eat carbs again so the scale will be all over the place (your body retains loads of water to process carbs)
EDIT sorry I'm catching up on the thread and forgot - loads of people have already said this

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
excercise the same amount but not eat back any excercise calories and eat less on my rest day.
I’d definitely recommend this if you can, it’s made a big difference to me and ensures it’s easier to meet your deficit targets for the week. Sometimes I might go over on calories slightly as a treat but never the full amount I’ve earned back through exercise - I’m never sure how accurate my workout calories are either.

Reactions: 4
I’d definitely recommend this if you can, it’s made a big difference to me and ensures it’s easier to meet your deficit targets for the week. Sometimes I might go over on calories slightly as a treat but never the full amount I’ve earned back through exercise - I’m never sure how accurate my workout calories are either.
Thanks, I’m going to give it a go 😊 in the past if I dont eat back the calories I end up binging loads the week after but I’m hoping that since I’ve upped my daily target anyway to account for my activity levels I won’t have that problem and won’t need to eat any back.

Had a few treats over the weekend but logged everything and looks like I was within my overall calories for the week. Will wait a couple of days to weigh myself although I'm due on on Sunday so duck knows what the scales will say for the next week or so 😂
Back to it with usual diet and exercise, got a 30 min yoga practice to do when I get home and making a chicken and roasted veg traybake for tonight's tea.

Reactions: 3
Feeling mentally ravenous this week so far. My period is coming up, I think that affects me. Had a huge chunk of pastry in the afternoon despite being very full from lunch. I didn't want to sit and let it turn into a bigger thing so went for a long walk after work. Walked up and downhill fairly briskly for 2 hours, didn't start with that in mind but good to know that walking apparently burns a lot of calories 😂 I don't know if it redeemed the situation but I feel better for having had some fresh air.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Nutracheck newbie here. I’m assuming I should still aim for the daily calorie amount it’s given me, and not eat into the extra calories it gives for exercise? I know I can use the extra calories, but i’m assuming it’s better not to?

Reactions: 3
Nutracheck newbie here. I’m assuming I should still aim for the daily calorie amount it’s given me, and not eat into the extra calories it gives for exercise? I know I can use the extra calories, but i’m assuming it’s better not to?
If you don’t you’ll have a bigger deficit so should lose weight quicker/easier!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.