Weight Loss advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm beyond fed up, track everything I eat and generally don't go over my calories (even if I do it's about 50 cals), walk between10K and 12K steps every day (not a gym person at all, I enjoy walking), drink 2 - 3 litres of water per day, generally sleep OK an yet the scales never move, I've lost a pound in three weeks! Not looking to lose mad amounts, a pound a week I'd be well chuffed with but it isn't happening. Just so disheartening 😢
you may not be losing weight but you will more than likely be losing inches! You should measure yourself monthly

Reactions: 4
I'm beyond fed up, track everything I eat and generally don't go over my calories (even if I do it's about 50 cals), walk between10K and 12K steps every day (not a gym person at all, I enjoy walking), drink 2 - 3 litres of water per day, generally sleep OK an yet the scales never move, I've lost a pound in three weeks! Not looking to lose mad amounts, a pound a week I'd be well chuffed with but it isn't happening. Just so disheartening 😢
I feel almost the same as you. I watch what I eat, don’t eat fatty food, cakes biscuits etc. Have maybe a glass or 2 of wine on a Saturday night. Drink a lot of water, eat a lot of fruit, walk 12-15K steps a day and don’t see any effects of it. Weighed myself last Saturday and again this morning- gone up a pound!😥really getting me down now

Are you guys absolutely sure you’re in a deficit? Have you worked out your tdee in order to create a deficit? I’m totally not judging but if it’s not working then somethings not right. Are you tracking calories properly? I know I used to have the odd bite of something here and there, handful of cereal or nuts but didn’t bother tracking because I thought it was minimal when in fact those little things can take you out of a deficit they all add up. Totally not saying you’re not doing it right but a lot of people tend to find it’s something like this that’s causing them to not lose

Reactions: 6
Unless there's a medical reason for someone not losing weight, like an underactive thyroid or pcos or something I cant see anyone not losing weight if they just stick to lots of veg,sensible fruits(not loads of dried fruits, loads of bananas etc.) and protein and a small amount of carbs.
I bet is nibbling/snacks with a lot of people that causes them to not lose weight.

Reactions: 1
When/how often do you guys weigh?

I do Friday mornings as it’s just a habit from when I did slimming clubs. I would treat this as my ‘official weigh in’ that I log on MFP but I weigh myself every morning still just to see (sometimes in the evening too just cos I’m interested in how much difference a day of eating makes)

When I’m in the swing of things I generally weigh every day. When I’m off the rails like now I weigh whenever I’m feeling brave enough 😬 overall for me weighing every day hasn’t been a negative thing as I was pretty much around my goal weight anyway so I felt it just kept me on the straight and narrow and like you said it’s interesting and I feel I learnt a bit from it.

I lost about a stone and a half between March and September (although a few pounds have gone back on due to crap diet in the last couple of weeks 😬).
I did a 16 week exercise programme and had a 500 -700 calorie deficit most days and stuck to healthy food most of the time. (went over on Saturdays..)
I don’t have any tips for quick weight loss, mine was over the course of 6 months (March- September) but it’s the first time after many years of trying that I managed it.
For anyone who isn’t seeing movement on the scale, consider measuring inches and taking photos and comparing (particularly if you’ve ramped up your exercise). Sometimes I found the scales weren’t moving but the changes were happening. 😃

I find it really interesting to weigh everyday. I get to see how certain foods affect water weight etc it’s quite fascinating 😂 like I can be 3lbs heavier one day and back to lowest weight the next. I weigh everyday to get a sort of average for the week.

The scale doesn't budge for me when I am on or around my period. No matter what I eat it stays the same.
I weigh every day, sometimes even twice a day. Like first thing in the morning and then before bed. That way I can kind of tell what the scale will say the next morning. I only track my morning weight since it is the lowest ;)

Another advocate for cutting carbs🙋‍♀️

I was full keto earlier in the year which I really enjoyed and it was the first diet where I didn't feel hungry/had no cravings as having more fats kept you full (and I was still in calorie defecit) . I also saw results quickly in terms of inch loss and weight loss on the scales.

I then had an operation followed by a long ish recovery which meant things slipped but getting back into it again before Xmas. I know its not for everyone but a good starting point is to reduce carbs with main meals

The scale doesn't budge for me when I am on or around my period. No matter what I eat it stays the same.
I weigh every day, sometimes even twice a day. Like first thing in the morning and then before bed. That way I can kind of tell what the scale will say the next morning. I only track my morning weight since it is the lowest ;)
Oh yep same for me. I go about five days without any weight change when I’m on

Hey guys, I could really do with some advice/help/a huge kick up the arse.

I am the heaviest I’ve ever been at around 275lbs (probably more but I’ve not weighed myself for a couple of months out of pure shame). I’m 6ft 1 so have been able to “get away” with being larger for a long time but recently I have started feeling really tight chested, finding it harder to take a deep breath in and just finding it harder to run around after my small children. I know something has got to change and I need to lose weight quickly but also effectively and keep it off. I’ve tried so many forms of diets from slimming world to calorie counting to Keto and none of it works for me, I literally have NO willpower and feel like the only person in the world who actually cannot just stick to something. I suffer with depression, particularly after having my first baby although haven’t done recently other than a tad bit of seasonal depression. I comfort eat to the max, im absolutely addicted to fat Coca Cola, I eat chocolate for breakfast most days or some kind of sugary thing because I hate breakfast - I can sometimes snack on this until until dinner which is then my only meal of the day but usually carb loaded and then followed by more crappy snacks. I’ve hit a huge rock bottom with my health and I know I’m on a one way track to heart problems and diabetes and I’m really starting to scare myself as I just cannot stop. Literally judging myself as I type this as I know it’s so awful.

I guess I’m just asking as would love some tips from people that have been in a similar position to me and how they kickstarted their healthy lifestyle once and for all, and also how they found the motivation to stay healthy even with having 0 time/energy. Also any exercise tips would be great. Thanks!

I am the heaviest I’ve ever been at around 275lbs (probably more but I’ve not weighed myself for a couple of months out of pure shame). I’m 6ft 1 so have been able to “get away” with being larger for a long time but recently I have started feeling really tight chested, finding it harder to take a deep breath in and just finding it harder to run around after my small children. I know something has got to change and I need to lose weight quickly but also effectively and keep it off. I’ve tried so many forms of diets from slimming world to calorie counting to Keto and none of it works for me, I literally have NO willpower and feel like the only person in the world who actually cannot just stick to something. I suffer with depression, particularly after having my first baby although haven’t done recently other than a tad bit of seasonal depression. I comfort eat to the max, im absolutely addicted to fat Coca Cola, I eat chocolate for breakfast most days or some kind of sugary thing because I hate breakfast - I can sometimes snack on this until until dinner which is then my only meal of the day but usually carb loaded and then followed by more crappy snacks. I’ve hit a huge rock bottom with my health and I know I’m on a one way track to heart problems and diabetes and I’m really starting to scare myself as I just cannot stop. Literally judging myself as I type this as I know it’s so awful.

I guess I’m just asking as would love some tips from people that have been in a similar position to me and how they kickstarted their healthy lifestyle once and for all, and also how they found the motivation to stay healthy even with having 0 time/energy. Also any exercise tips would be great. Thanks!
Sorry to hear you are struggling.
Do you have help with comfort eating? Would it be a possibilty to start and get some help with that first and then go and see a dietician, maybe one that specializes in that?
And maybe start with cutting out the Coca cola and try replacing it with fizzy water. It will take some time because of the addiction to caffeine but really worth it.

I think take it slow and steady. Don’t put yourself on another diet, that just makes us feel restricted and then we want to rebel. Don’t cut out all the things you love, just start off by cutting down. I love coke too it’s my favourite drink. I don’t know how much you drink of it now but say it’s 2 or 3 cans, just cut out one a day for a bit and then work your way down. So maybe your day could look a bit more structured. What could you eat that you’d enjoy for breakfast? What about a chocolatey porridge, or even a cereal just so you’re eating one thing instead of snacking. What would you enjoy for lunch? Even if it’s a sandwich, some crisps and a chocolate?

I found it really important to just do it very gradually and it really worked. When I first started losing weight I still allowed myself something nice every day so there was always something to look forward to and I didn’t feel like I was just eating boring foods. I committed to moving my body 3x a week for at least 30 mins. After around 4 weeks I built up momentum so then I found I actually wanted to eat less stodgy food and I wanted to exercise more. I think where so many people fall down is going from how we have been to trying to be a saint and it’s just unrealistic. Small changes that are sustainable lead to long term results. Good luck, I know it’s really hard xx

Reactions: 3

Since you already say you don't like breakfast, just drink tea or coffee (black, no milk or sugar) and don't eat until dinner. That is called intermediate fasting and already saves you calories. Try having a salad with grilled chicken. I used to make my husband grill me chicken every Sunday so I could add it to my salad for the week. Maybe you can have a diet coke instead of regular. And that could be something to look forward to, like have one with tea. I find sometimes to get started it helps me to fast for a day or two. No food, just lots of water and tea. It sounds crazy but it really helps get your body off the sugar and is really not as hard as it sounds.
I know it all sounds easy in theory but is really hard. Take pictures of yourself before and then every week or so take pictures to compare. It really helps to get you motivated. Even if it is hard to take that first initial picture. Good luck, you can do this xx

Finding it so hard to eat well in lockdown! Weighed this morning and had lost half a pound since last Friday which isn’t bad but I have had takeaway 3 nights so I know it could have been more.

Just have no motivation, I want to lie on the sofa and eat dip all day 😩

Reactions: 2
Finding it so hard to eat well in lockdown! Weighed this morning and had lost half a pound since last Friday which isn’t bad but I have had takeaway 3 nights so I know it could have been more.

Just have no motivation, I want to lie on the sofa and eat dip all day 😩
Totally with you on that! I’m 8lbs up on my lowest lockdown weight, I’m already at the ‘ah duck it it’s Christmas’ stage and feel an evening is only good if it involves a glass of Baileys and some chocolate!

Totally with you on that! I’m 8lbs up on my lowest lockdown weight, I’m already at the ‘ah duck it it’s Christmas’ stage and feel an evening is only good if it involves a glass of Baileys and some chocolate!
Ah yeah it is kind of like I want it to make the day feel a bit more eventful too! Like it’s something to do to eat a takeaway 😬 would love a baileys right now 😩

I do feel a bit like maybe we shouldn’t be too hard on ourselves though, it’s a weird time, if food is a bit of enjoyment then I don’t wanna deny myself too much. Hoping I can just reign it in enough to maintain until Christmas when I will eat my weight in chocolate 🍫