Weight Loss advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone please tell me wtf is going on with me? I've been following a calorie deficit, lifting weights 3x a week. My body definitely looks different but the number on the scales is not moving. It's really getting me down!!

Can anyone please tell me wtf is going on with me? I've been following a calorie deficit, lifting weights 3x a week. My body definitely looks different but the number on the scales is not moving. It's really getting me down!!
are you doing measurements? Try your hardest not to look at number on scales (as hard as that is), look at measurements instead.

are you doing measurements? Try your hardest not to look at number on scales (as hard as that is), look at measurements instead.
I'm not, I need to start that. I've been taking pictures for progress.

I think I'm obsessed with the number on the scales as my BMI says I'm overweight so I really want that to come down!

I'm not, I need to start that. I've been taking pictures for progress.

I think I'm obsessed with the number on the scales as my BMI says I'm overweight so I really want that to come down!
It will come down be patient! If you’ve just started doing weights your body will be adapting. When we lift weights the muscles get micro tears in them and hold water. This can contribute to what you’re seeing on the scale. I started a new programme 9 weeks ago that incorporates a little bit of weigh lifting after gaining a stone. In 7 weeks I only dropped 3lbs and I was frustrated but I knew if I stuck with it I would get there, quitting as the only sure fire way to get back in shape Now in the past 2 weeks I’ve lost another 3lbs just like that, I think because my body has adapted and calmed down a bit. I didn’t change anything else. Don’t quit! I’ve also noticed my body feels a lot firmer now and I’m stronger than I was on week 1.

Reactions: 3
It will come down be patient! If you’ve just started doing weights your body will be adapting. When we lift weights the muscles get micro tears in them and hold water. This can contribute to what you’re seeing on the scale. I started a new programme 9 weeks ago that incorporates a little bit of weigh lifting after gaining a stone. In 7 weeks I only dropped 3lbs and I was frustrated but I knew if I stuck with it I would get there, quitting as the only sure fire way to get back in shape Now in the past 2 weeks I’ve lost another 3lbs just like that, I think because my body has adapted and calmed down a bit. I didn’t change anything else. Don’t quit! I’ve also noticed my body feels a lot firmer now and I’m stronger than I was on week 1.
Ah I know, patience isn't a skill I was blessed with :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Probably muscle gain. Number means nothing, you’re seeing changes that’s the main thing surely.

Soooooo glad this thread is here. Thank you for creating it. 😊❤

I just have to say, I've been using Nutracheck for two days now and I LOVE IT! To be able to have cereal for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch!! I was so stuck in the "one or the other" rut. I'd rather have a sandwich packed with protein and salad than a mountain of pasta in bland sauce. 🤢 Mug Shots are the devil.
I agree so much! I stopped SW two weeks ago and calorie counting on Nutracheck. I can’t describe how good it feels to go into somewhere and just look for the calories

i would think it's simple muscle gain. since muscle weighs more then fat. as long as you're fitter and slimmer the number doesn't matter.

Thank you all for your reassurance! I definitely feel like my muscles are more prominent and less flabby. I need to stop being a moany cow and just stick at it haha

isnt it to do with the difference in density though?
Yes. So even though you weight the same, if you now have more muscle you will be smaller and 1lb of muscle takes up less space that 1lb of fat would. Numbers on the scales dont reflect everything.

Yup, 1lb of anything weighs 1lb but the area it takes up will be different. Biggest bug bear in weight loss groups
hence why someone can be overweight according to the bmi scale but actually be fit? whereas someone else would actually be overweight

Yeah definitely. I drink about 2-3 litres a day
Check with your doctor first but I tend to be a little lighter when I have less grains in my diet. not as much rice,pasta,bread

But really as long as you're less flabby and the jeans keep fitting better that's a good sign