Wearsmymoney - Kate Hiscox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also her approach to finances confuse me. I know she must have earned loads when she worked for the record label but negotiating a few TV appearances for random bands as a freelance won’t bring in the same sort of income, especially as she doesn’t seem to do much work at all. So you’re freelance in a very niche section of an industry - save some money? Don’t you have two kids not far off Uni, she’s nearly 50 so surely might want to retire in the next 10-15 years? Put some away, stop frittering it on £150 ugly trainers, countless quilted coats, designer bags. She’s bizarre, and perhaps not very bright!
TBF, she doesn't represent random bands, her clients are some of the biggest names in the business (Coldplay, Noel Gallagher, Michael Buble) so she will earn a decent whack just from that. Also she will earn A LOT from influencing. She has a big following now and kinds hits the point between higher end high street and low end designer so plenty will be clicking those "affordable" links. I completely agree that she fritters it all away though, she clearly has a spectacular shopping addiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
TBF, she doesn't represent random bands, her clients are some of the biggest names in the business (Coldplay, Noel Gallagher, Michael Buble) so she will earn a decent whack just from that. Also she will earn A LOT from influencing. She has a big following now and kinds hits the point between higher end high street and low end designer so plenty will be clicking those "affordable" links. I completely agree that she fritters it all away though, she clearly has a spectacular shopping addiction.
This is true to be fair - ironically, I did forget about her income from influencing! Blinded by the 975 green quilted jackets 🤣
It’s just all too show-offy and excessive though. No one needs as many clothes as she has. She must be spending hundreds a week!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
🤣🤣 I know. Which makes me think she had to show it as it was a freebie. I bet the old Kate would have laughed at people behaving like this. I say that like I know her. I don't, she just seemed better before.

I saw this story and thought, yes, well handled.

41052810-BB86-4A22-9B60-3D42999ABD0C.jpeg

Then I saw the following story and thought, hmm, she won’t know for possibly months what affiliate income she has made from sales on the 27 February.

103D0F1E-7563-43E6-ACA3-F8C92D744123.jpeg

And once again I think influencing is disingenuous and ick ick ick. Should have quit while you were ahead, Kate.

Not sure what ‘qualified to talk’ about It means. I think it’s a way of saying - ‘I’m not going to comment on something serious cos I’m here to sell you clothes from fat face and white stuff’.

There is no party political stance on this - we are all on Ukraine’s side. I don’t think you need to be qualified in global affairs to say that.

We should follow up snd ask how much she made from her blog post /donated.

Not sure what ‘qualified to talk’ about It means. I think it’s a way of saying - ‘I’m not going to comment on something serious cos I’m here to sell you clothes from fat face and white stuff’.

There is no party political stance on this - we are all on Ukraine’s side. I don’t think you need to be qualified in global affairs to say that.

We should follow up snd ask how much she made from her blog post /donated.
It’s so subjective and you’ll ask 100 people and get 100 answers so this isn’t saying you’re wrong at all so please don’t take offence - only commenting as I think it’s a v interesting topic - but personally quite like this approach as she’s putting her hands up and saying look I don’t know anything about this, but there’s obvs a humanitarian crisis so please donate. Personally only feel like that as I remember around I/P a lot of my Jewish friends being made to feel incredibly uncomfortable, alone and actually scared by the sheer mass of content being shared, and lbr most people (especially influencers) aren’t actually that clued up on that extremely complex conflict. Most people who shared that tit have probably not given it a second thought since, same with BLM. I know this situation is different as there’s a clear aggressor and definite human rights contraventions already happening but I do think big profiles should be a bit more prudent in what they say/share as misinformation is absolutely rife.

Reactions: 5
I’d be more impressed if she took a breath, pause for thought. It’s very easy to stick up a red cross post and then move on! All her followers just as glib scrambling for new trainers!

Reactions: 1
Kate’s doing a raffle for 2 handbags - over £10k raised already. Fair play, that’s a good thing to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Kate’s doing a raffle for 2 handbags - over £10k raised already. Fair play, that’s a good thing to do.
It’s a good thing to do. I was struck by her commenting that she ‘can’t afford to give thousands of pounds to charity’ though when we know that she’s spent that on clothes and shoes in the last few months. Her money is hers to spend, donate or invest as she wishes but it’s an insult to say that the reason you aren’t donating disposable income to charity on that scale is because you ‘can’t *afford* it’. You aren’t doing it because you prioritise other spending 🤷‍♀️.

Reactions: 9
Those dresses are hideous 😱
Objectively, I like a couple of the more fitted styles but I look like a Victorian governess in stuff like that.

I tried a few of the prairie style baggy ones when they first became fashionable, I’m tall and in proportion but they still swamped me!

New around here. I’ve skimmed through the thread and the evolution of the general consensus on Kate matches how I feel about her too.

I thought she was great fun and interesting too a couple of years ago, however, she really has lost her way. The clothes are stuck on a time-loop and awful, her posts on the dog/art/family/crazy spending habits give me the ick and I fear she has a pretty tragic mid-life crisis going on with all the ‘yeah, I went to raves, took drugs and crashed Damon Albarn’s car’ nonsense.

Finally, reading some of the responses on her Insta over the last year or so, she is as salty AF to anyone who doesn’t think she’s Ealing’s answer to Alexa Chung. She works in PR. Maybe it’s time for her to step back and refresh her brand if she wants to keep up with her London bubble Insta buds.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The money she’s raising is incredible, however, I’m finding it a bit ‘meh’ that she’s raffling her second-hand Gucci and a Coach bag that I bet was #gifted. Fair play if people want to win second-hand bags and get a return on their donation, but I’m a shocking cynic as far as Kate’s desire to acquire is concerned and am convinced she’ll replace that Gucci with something just as disgustingly over-priced before too long.

The money she’s raising is incredible, however, I’m finding it a bit ‘meh’ that she’s raffling her second-hand Gucci and a Coach bag that I bet was #gifted. Fair play if people want to win second-hand bags and get a return on their donation, but I’m a shocking cynic as far as Kate’s desire to acquire is concerned and am convinced she’ll replace that Gucci with something just as disgustingly over-priced before too long.
I’m not the only cynic then.

I thought the idea to raffle them came to her because she already has a #gifted #prproduct replacement lined up or she has her eye on something even more expensive and is clearing a space in her wardrobe for it so to speak.

Raising money was probably just serendipitous timing.

Last edited: