Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
New around here. I’ve skimmed through the thread and the evolution of the general consensus on Kate matches how I feel about her too.

I thought she was great fun and interesting too a couple of years ago, however, she really has lost her way. The clothes are stuck on a time-loop and awful, her posts on the dog/art/family/crazy spending habits give me the ick and I fear she has a pretty tragic mid-life crisis going on with all the ‘yeah, I went to raves, took drugs and crashed Damon Albarn’s car’ nonsense.

Finally, reading some of the responses on her Insta over the last year or so, she is as salty AF to anyone who doesn’t think she’s Ealing’s answer to Alexa Chung. She works in PR. Maybe it’s time for her to step back and refresh her brand if she wants to keep up with her London bubble Insta buds.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Camperfan

VIP Member
Lol at this rave thread gone bad. I didn't know there was a thread for Wears my Money.
I did like Kate but the constant ads over the last few months is grinding now. Especially brands she'd not go near if not pimping for money, Debenhams last week. I agree, Abercrombie FFS! I expect better to be honest, maybe I ask too much?!
This week she's on a gifted holiday to Morocco with family? What's this got to do with fashion? Also the almost constant meals and drinks out, this sort of thing is truly unaffordable for most people surely.

I'm on the brink of unfollow at this point.

Reactions: 12

Missmarplesknitting

Why does she act like googling green Nike trainers is important or something special she's providing. And why do people message her to ask about green Nike trainers. Can't they Google themselves or is messaging an influencer and getting them to do this something special for them.

Or is it all made up😂😂😂I really don't get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Missmarplesknitting

So look fantastic sends her a full suitcase full of products. I will not buy from them again. What possible benefit is it to do that. There's no discussing the products or even an attempt at show them all properly. Just giving loads of free shit to someone who doesn't even need it. This and her book recommendations are really annoying me. It's just all so shit. I'm unfollowing for good now.

Reactions: 11
The saggy tits need a bra in that dress! That’s all I am saying!
I disagree. Who says that? I agree with most in terms that she has sold out, and lost her way, but ‘saggy tits’? How repugnant that you don’t understand gravity. She is 50-odd. Her tits look great in the dress (if you don’t like the dress that is another story).

Misogyny much?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

carolinefg

Unfollowed this eve. Her constant mindless spending gives me anxiety. You do NOT need another pair of trousers.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Realhousewifeofmanchester

I’ve always thought that too! So much money yet looks like a student house! They also come across as try hard trendy parents.
cannot bear all the ads!! No Kate, I don’t believe you would normally buy clothes from White Stuff and Fat Face!

Dizzy

VIP Member
It makes me laugh with al of these influencers, especially when on holiday. They swan about in their best outfits whilst the rest of the family look like they haven't had new clothes for yonks!, you'd think with the money they must be saving not buying much, that they could treat the husband and kids 😂
TBF to anyone with teenagers, most of them (the teenagers) have their own "look" and are firmly committed to it, even if that look does make them appear like they've spent the night in a skip. I speak from experience.... 🥴

• Haha

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I can't believe how much she's changed. I started this thread only about 7 months ago because I really liked her, but now she's a completely different person.
Her whole attitude has changed. She's become quite rude and aggressive too. I DM'd her recently because she'd shown a pair of boots that I liked, but as I tend to fall between sizes I wasn't sure whether to order up or down, so I messaged her and politely asked what they were like for sizing. She sent back a one word reply "Dunno" :mad:

• Wow
  • Sad
Yeah, I just checked her Instagram, she was 49 in January. Her tits are perfectly fine.
Well, I started it @SevilleorBust! I’m not mad about @Dollyp’s OP but if you want to pile on to her then better pile on to me too.

I’m not sure @Dollyp was displaying mysoginy to be fair and, without being rude, your posts to her feel rather straw man like and unnecessarily aggressive when we’re commenting on an influencer flogging an (arguably) unflattering, very expensive dress, whilst modelling it on her public profile. You might think she looked great - and that’s fab - but others, like me, thought she looked bloody awful in it. What’s more, Kate said unless somebody’s jugs (JUGS!? There’s a pejorative, male originated term for breasts right there, if you want to talk misogyny) were huge, one does not require a bra.

I looked at the photo and disagree. Kate has had two children, comments freely on how she’s pushing into menopause - shilling expensive magnesium supplements whilst she’s at it - and has taken the piss out of saggy breasts (and worse) on her stories and in her blog in the past.

I’m probably on exactly the same page as you when it comes to believing that women should wear what they want and at whatever time of their life stage their in. It’s usually none of our business, however, when you’ve got an influencer effectively saying ‘this dress looks great without a bra’ whilst flogging a premium item that does not suit her - and sorry, I think her boobs look awful in it - to followers who will also be 40/50 + with breasts not as perky as they might once have been, well … fundamentally she’s talking bollocks.

Cynically, I reckon she tried on that dress with a bra and the straps showed. She hadn’t packed a strapless in her luggage and was under pressure to post about it. Bingo. There’s her post about ‘jugs’ that’s caused all the contention.

But here we are arguing whilst Kate rakes in the dollar from FreePeople. She is literally laughing at us all.

[Edited: chubby thumbs]

Last edited:
  • Heart

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Kate’s doing a raffle for 2 handbags - over £10k raised already. Fair play, that’s a good thing to do.
It’s a good thing to do. I was struck by her commenting that she ‘can’t afford to give thousands of pounds to charity’ though when we know that she’s spent that on clothes and shoes in the last few months. Her money is hers to spend, donate or invest as she wishes but it’s an insult to say that the reason you aren’t donating disposable income to charity on that scale is because you ‘can’t *afford* it’. You aren’t doing it because you prioritise other spending 🤷‍♀️.

If you are writing a review for the business, it’s an advertisement. Her IG account is for advertising not public relations. Why are they all so ashamed of disclosing ads? 😑

View attachment 1137197
Agreed completely! Also… this is literally your fucking job, Google it if you don’t know! The ASA have clear as day guidance that literally everything you’re given falls under #AD. Brands aren’t giving you shit because they like you, they want you to show it to your audience hence it very clearly being an ad.

Who wears clothes like this??? I live in a big city and I never see people dressed like this. Is it a London thing?
Yes/no to London thing. I think it’s women of a certain age (50+) who are aspiring for that upper middle class maximalist vibe and no shade but aren’t particularly busy with work or family hence why they can tolerate ridiculously impractical clothes. But I wouldn’t say this small group of huns is representative of an entire city, it’s a Petersham nurseries stan’s outfit.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

carolinefg

I’ve just had a look and that jacket costs nearly seven hundred quid.
She’s just a parody account at this point. Absolutely pointless, ridiculous, compulsive spender, when most of the country are concerned about spiralling living costs, heating their homes, etc. Read the room, you silly vacuous woman!

Reactions: 8