Wearsmymoney - Kate Hiscox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so bored of her now. Liking eclairs isn’t a personality type. ‘Half time snack situation’ isn’t either. I know she’s harmless but god she’s annoying.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Totally agree. I do wonder if I'm just over these types of blogs as I'm so sick of seeing the over consumption of things we don't need. You'd think most people have enough clothes to last them a long time.

She needs a hobby other than spending

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think for some of them, the pandemic has really hit and they've not got as many events to attend, so they're just trying to fill the gap with what they think we all want to see - fashion!

Kate doesn't have her full time job anymore, so before she wasn't putting as much on Instagram as she was working, but now she has more time on her hands. I do wonder how much they all earn from this kind of work, it must be a good living as assuming most of them have mortgages and bills to pay, they all seem to be doing better than most of us, who have full time jobs!

Reactions: 2
She was refreshing as an influencer because she had a regular job and was a woman in a senior role - the clothing/outfits served an actual purpose. It was all very real. Now that the consumption is both the means and the ends, it’s so off putting and dull.

It’s a wonder more people in her position don’t take the opportunity to give back in a tangible way. It is such a good balance to the influencing work and gives a purpose (for them, apart from anything else) beyond endless consumption and encouraging debt. Emily Wheeler does this with Furnishing Futures, it’s brilliant

In case the links don’t work the accounts are furnishingfutures and emilywheeler.interiors

Reactions: 4
In what way did she think that birthday photo is a good photo. Little house on the prairie dress and a weird facial expression.

Same chat, rinse repeat. It's al so boring now.

Reactions: 3
AF links for a mini chopper on Amazon?? Is she that desperate or does she really think her followers who are no doubt in the same age bracket need to be told that items like this exist.

Reactions: 4
Her blog post today seems completely unrelatable to me. Over a grand for a frumpy handbag. No thanks!
I’m sad as I used to love reading her blog on a Sunday.
Her style has really changed and it doesn’t appeal to me now. I’m not a fan of buffet dresses and knitted vests. I think they’re really frumpy and the kind of thing that looks ok on Instagram but ridiculous in real life.
A couple of years ago I LOVED her blog. It was really refreshing to see a woman of a certain age dressing how I like to dress. Trainers, trousers, not too girly. Great mix of high street and designer.
And her job was fascinating. She’s got a great sense of humour and it seemed that her recommendations were genuine.
She’s lost her spark and authenticity. Her life pre covid seemed so glam - lots of boozy lunches and hanging out with rock stars. Being stuck in the house with ungrateful teenage boys has obviously taken its toll. I hope she’s ok

I'm so over her blog and Instagram. Shame as I loved it to start with.
Same here! Any recommendations?

Reactions: 5
I’ve followed her for a few years and used to really like her posts, I got a little concerned when she started flogging Amazon gear! She just seems outdated now…..spend,spend spend! Not aware that people are bothered where their clothes are made etc. I used to leave the odd comment but she was very rude at my last attempt! I think she has a little in gang of all the other ‘influence’ that just seem to encourage each other! Gone v weird!

I’ve followed her for a few years and used to really like her posts, I got a little concerned when she started flogging Amazon gear! She just seems outdated now…..spend,spend spend! Not aware that people are bothered where their clothes are made etc. I used to leave the odd comment but she was very rude at my last attempt! I think she has a little in gang of all the other ‘influence’ that just seem to encourage each other! Gone v weird!
Yes Lisa Dawson, Little Spree, the 40bum lady.. yawn…