Waxperts Ellen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cooper on a bike for the first time?? Maybe he should be learning to cycle a bike instead of nights away in the shelbourne 🙄

Reactions: 4
My almost 6 year old learned to cycle a few weeks back and even i thought he was a late learner compared go kids on our estate. What age is Cooper??

Reactions: 1
Cooper is too busy being pushed into the spotlight by his mother to do something as basic as learning to ride a bike.
I cringe when I see him in ads like a show pony

Reactions: 7
My almost 6 year old learned to cycle a few weeks back and even i thought he was a late learner compared go kids on our estate. What age is Cooper??
He was 11 recently. But if he refused to ride a bike, then she’d hardly force him

Reactions: 7
That’s actually so embarrassing. My son is the same age. He’s cycling since he was around 4 and a balance bike until then.

Like most I was shocked that he hadn't ridden a bike until now.

It's next to impossible to say that without noting that he clearly watches enough YouTube to have that awful American-ish accent the YouTube generation has.

Two observations.

Reactions: 9
There was no need to post anything about his cycling and we’d be none the wiser. If she posted him this morning as she has just done I wouldn’t have known if he started at 2 or 10.

They do learn to cycle in dun laoghaire which is the cones she showed but the kids there are significantly younger than him, 4/5 year olds mainly

If you put a football in front of my 21 year old son, he wouldn’t know what to do with it. I forced him into clubs when he was young, but absolutely hated it and begged me to leave. I think every child is different and should be accepted. My son has his own interests and is happy out. I don’t blame Ellen.

Reactions: 14
I think she’s breadcrumbing some disability like dyspraxia etc .
I was thinking the same, my son has dyspraxia and just can't ride a bike he doesn't have the coordination , he can do it but not with out consistently falling and crashing so he chooses not to. Those bike lessons are run by the county council for kids with disabilities, both my kids did them

Reactions: 5
Sorry now, I’m the first to slag Waxy for her adoration of Pipsy etc but really think everyone is massively reaching with cooper cycling!! He didn’t want to, so they didn’t bother pushing him. Simple as that.

Those bike safety courses are run in lots of mainstream schools in Dublin my two sons did them. Not true that they are only for “children with disabilities”

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Every county council has a learn 2 cycle programme, which is for children with disabilities, I don't know why you put that in inverted commas, they're real people.
I'm not saying that's where he was but it looked like one of the groups. And she seemed to be bread crumbing as a poster said.
Anyway everytime these arguments come up I always say this is why these insta idiots should stop sharing their kids to strangers on the Internet. Your child does not need randoms discussing his cycling ability on the Internet Ellen

Reactions: 4
Every county council has a learn 2 cycle programme, which is for children with disabilities, I don't know why you put that in inverted commas, they're real people.
I'm not saying that's where he was but it looked like one of the groups. And she seemed to be bread crumbing as a poster said.
Anyway everytime these arguments come up I always say this is why these insta idiots should stop sharing their kids to strangers on the Internet. Your child does not need randoms discussing his cycling ability on the Internet Ellen
Sorry I should have put your entire sentence in quotes from your initial post…..

“Those bike lessons are run by the county council for kids with disabilities”

I know for a fact that the school he is in (and many many others in Dublin) run these programmes for 5th class students every year to prepare them for cycling to secondary school. Also I didn’t pick up on any breadcrumbing, just that he had no interest in cycling

Reactions: 3