Wavy / curly hair products, styling tips etc! 🌀

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May I have some advice on my hair please? Picture shows what my hair looks like when I air dry it with some cantu mousse in it and nothing else. It’s just a bit puffy and frizzy, what can I do about it?! This is my first day not straightening/drying my hair after realising it my hair is actually wavy 😂
View attachment 2083127
Beautiful waves! Definitely give yourself time. My hair looked like yours and after 3-6 months was back to the corkicelli curls of my teens.

Innersense is another great brand for curls. Pricey but great. The ‘I create lift’ mousse pump is good for volume and gentle hold.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
May I have some advice on my hair please? Picture shows what my hair looks like when I air dry it with some cantu mousse in it and nothing else. It’s just a bit puffy and frizzy, what can I do about it?! This is my first day not straightening/drying my hair after realising it my hair is actually wavy 😂
View attachment 2083127
You need some hair creme like Bumble and Bumble and then seal it with a bit of hair oil.

I'm really wanting to start looking after my hair but have no idea how to really! It's really fluffy and frizzy, when I do it properly I would guess it's 2C with a few bits of 3A. But I can never get it to look nice in the morning, I don't know what I do in my sleep but it's awful when I wake up:ROFLMAO: I don't have enough time to do a full wash and diffuse before work and I hate how it feels when I air dry it. It looks best if I plait or twist it at night, but then I feel like that defeats the point as it's not my natural waves if that makes sense. And how do I know which products are best? Is it just trial and error to see what works for my hair type?

Reactions: 4
I'm really wanting to start looking after my hair but have no idea how to really! It's really fluffy and frizzy, when I do it properly I would guess it's 2C with a few bits of 3A. But I can never get it to look nice in the morning, I don't know what I do in my sleep but it's awful when I wake up:ROFLMAO: I don't have enough time to do a full wash and diffuse before work and I hate how it feels when I air dry it. It looks best if I plait or twist it at night, but then I feel like that defeats the point as it's not my natural waves if that makes sense. And how do I know which products are best? Is it just trial and error to see what works for my hair type?
I use the Living Proof curl definer and just scrunch it, and leave it to dry naturally. I also sleep in a satin bonnet to stop it from getting all messy from my pillow!

I pop mine up in a pineapple and I sleep on a silk pillowcase. In the morning I'd usually refresh it by scrunching with wet hands. What styling products do you use? You might find a firm hold gel gives you curl definition for longer. But yes, often lots of trial and error!

• Heart
I’d say try a ‘curl refresh’ using a spray conditioner and either wet hands or a water spray too. Wet down as much as you need (or as much as you have time to dry) scrunch with a microfibre towel and then smooth a bit, once dry, with a curl cream. Ouai, Pattern and Dizziak are all good brands to try.

Also, a bit of fluff and ‘frizz’ is natural - embrace the halo as much as you can.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well I am at the end of the first week of using no heat on my hair - apart from my fringe as I've got a wispy box fringe atm that won't do what I want without straightening it:LOL: and I feel so much better! Bought myself a silk pillowcase and have been refreshing in the mornings with some curl cream and a bit of moisturising treatment

I've got 3C curly hair, always struggled, however have just recently discovered this range:

I really like it, just posting in case it may help someone else out!

Hi everyone, looking for advice. I think I may have some sort of a curl going on, I would like to see what I can do with it, I have very fine thin hair so was wondering if anyone can recommend products to suit, thank you 😊

Can any one recommend a mousse for definition? I used to use pantene defined curls no 5 but i can't get it anywhere anymore and I heard it has been discontinued. I am nearing the end of my last bottle.
---
Hi everyone, looking for advice. I think I may have some sort of a curl going on, I would like to see what I can do with it, I have very fine thin hair so was wondering if anyone can recommend products to suit, thank you 😊
If you have fine hair I would stick with light products. I have thick hair myself and use the yellow boucleme gel which you can get in boots and I find it to be lightweight compared to other gels.

Start by going back to total basics. Fine hair, especially if it’s porous, can easily become over conditioned. Make sure none of your shampoos have Sodium Laureth Sulfate in. Give it a week or so without even washing, just brush with a tangle teezer or wide tooth comb while totally wet.

Scrunch dry with a microfibre towel or even just a soft cotton top. Don’t disturb the pattern while it dries. Shake it out and scrunch while dry, maybe with slightly wet hands.

Report back here please! 😊

Reactions: 2
Start by going back to total basics. Fine hair, especially if it’s porous, can easily become over conditioned. Make sure none of your shampoos have Sodium Laureth Sulfate in. Give it a week or so without even washing, just brush with a tangle teezer or wide tooth comb while totally wet.

Scrunch dry with a microfibre towel or even just a soft cotton top. Don’t disturb the pattern while it dries. Shake it out and scrunch while dry, maybe with slightly wet hands.

Report back here please! 😊
Thank you for the advice 😊 not sure I’ll be able to go a week without washing my hair but I will try 👍🏻

There is a range called Boucleme that is designed entirely for curly girly’s!
Quoting a post from a few years back!! Boucleme has actually transformed my hair.

I've used anything on the market....most products from curly aisle.in boots no matter the price...I also used to stock pile that ponk pot of Boots curl creme!

I had curly prone to frizz thick hair. Only curly but between 2C and 3A.

I have used Boucleme consistantly for 18 months now and more 4a for 90% of the time. Takes a while as with all products to work out what's good but the leave in conditioner and a small bit of the styling gel does it for me!

Can recommended if it tried before.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have very frizzy hair, which makes me despair most of the time. I have tried many curl products and use a diffuser. It always looks like a frizzy birds' nest to me. I overheard a hairdresser talking to a friend in my local gym recently.

She was advising her to use Colour Wow Dreamcoat - they have a new upgraded product now which coats the hair and eliminates frizz. I remembered I'd bought the earlier version and never used it as I was trying to accept my curly hair.

You wash and condition your hair and then spray this on and blow dry it (I was told never to add heat to my hair). Anyway you have to blow dry it to activate the product and once done it lasts for four washes.

I have to say that I am delighted with the result. My hair looks in great condition, it's quite straight but not flat and looks groomed. I haven't even got the updated version, so I am well chuffed.

I think this is better than having a Brazilian Blow Dry which is a bit drastic and very expensive.

I hope this helps someone - sorry as it's not embracing curly hair exactly.

Hi all, I'm looking to invest in a new hairdryer. I was thinking about a Dyson but it's hella spenny. Shark looks to be a cheaper option just I like the look of the cloud nine air shot pro. My question is do any of you have experience of using these hairdryers and do you recommend any of them? TIA!