Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only reason I can see them doing May is if there is a exam heavy storyline, which would kinda link in with the initial press release about having something to show the impact of covid on kids/schools. As this would be the first year exams are back to normal but it would really reduce the amount of time the current cast of kids could be used.

I actually quite liked Simon. On the whole I don't think Scotland was as bad as people remember it to be - if it had been a completely separate school. The ridiculousness of the move always tinged it and is one of the big reasons for a drop off in viewership. Even if filming had to move to Scotland they should have kept the location the same.
With Scotland when I watch it, I try and keep it separate and not compare to the Rochdale series. I preferred 9 to 8 but really couldn’t get into 10 especially the second half of the series. The teachers in Scotland i did actually quite like but the new students introduced (maybe with the exception of the Barry’s) were painful.

With Scotland when I watch it, I try and keep it separate and not compare to the Rochdale series. I preferred 9 to 8 but really couldn’t get into 10 especially the second half of the series. The teachers in Scotland i did actually quite like but the new students introduced (maybe with the exception of the Barry’s) were painful.
Barry's were iconic just because they'd got one called Barry Barry.

Jane Beale did great at her alcoholism storyline.

Kevin Chalk was great but that was because I still liked Tommy Knight from his Luke Smith in Sarah Jane Adventures days.

There was some great storylines in the Scotland era. I just never quite got over the viewers not getting board with the move up North.

Reactions: 6
One thing I did like about the Scotland era is that the storylines were more developed and could grow over multiple episodes/series. The storylines with Christine and Connor Mulgrew and his girlfriend (Imogen) spring to mind.

Towards the end of the Rochdale era, it all became very ‘social issue of the week’ or ‘problem student of the episode’ where everything became very self-contained. Kids or issues would appear and be resolved in 60 minutes, only to completely vanish by the following week.

Reactions: 4
One thing I did like about the Scotland era is that the storylines were more developed and could grow over multiple episodes/series. The storylines with Christine and Connor Mulgrew and his girlfriend (Imogen) spring to mind.

Towards the end of the Rochdale era, it all became very ‘social issue of the week’ or ‘problem student of the episode’ where everything became very self-contained. Kids or issues would appear and be resolved in 60 minutes, only to completely vanish by the following week.
Loved Christine hated Conor and Imogen.

And I get what you’re saying it did always seem like people would appear for one episode, that seemed quite a lot of Rochdale cause I remember there were quite a few when Rachel Mason was head.

Reactions: 3
The scene at Imogen’s party at the school house (of all places 😂) where she told Connor she was deaf and took her hearing aid out will always be a scene I remember fondly

Reactions: 2
We’re up to the middle of series 8 and just watched the episode where Kasey announces that she’s a boy. Im warming to Christine a lot more this time round - her acting during the alcoholism storyline has been really good. Still can’t get interested about Connor and Imogen. Love the Barrys - Barry Barry is actually hilarious when he wants to be. I think I liked Kevin more the first time round.

Reactions: 1
We’re up to the middle of series 8 and just watched the episode where Kasey announces that she’s a boy. Im warming to Christine a lot more this time round - her acting during the alcoholism storyline has been really good. Still can’t get interested about Connor and Imogen. Love the Barrys - Barry Barry is actually hilarious when he wants to be. I think I liked Kevin more the first time round.
The storyline of Kasey being a boy annoyed me because it didn’t go anywhere. I’m sure she did an episode of being called a boys name, I can’t remember what it was. Then she decided she was called Kasey again and then we never heard about it again. They could have done so much with a storyline like that but it was if they changed their mind about that one and decided she was gonna be a boxer instead!

The storyline of Kasey being a boy annoyed me because it didn’t go anywhere. I’m sure she did an episode of being called a boys name, I can’t remember what it was. Then she decided she was called Kasey again and then we never heard about it again. They could have done so much with a storyline like that but it was if they changed their mind about that one and decided she was gonna be a boxer instead!
This might be why:

It was a bit of an odd storyline and I do wonder if they took the feedback from the one-off Rochdale storyline when Sam had cancer and decided to go for it. I feel like the Rochdale one was probably better handled with the exception it was a one-off character.

I've got a feeling there will be at least one non-binary character in the new series - hopefully it's done well!

Agree with stories being better developed on the whole than with Rochdale but feel they went through pupils a lot quicker than Rochdale so never got quite as attached to them. I'll always be annoyed they after a great (in a horrible way) storyline with Sam's cancer and death it never really continued afterwards. Same with Maxine (although that storyline was ridiculous). Grief lasts longer than the immediate aftermath and even back then felt like something really important to show.

Looks like there might be a death during the series, one of the cast posted a photo and there seemed to be flowers and a bear on the fence behind them

• Wow
I loved it up until about series 7 then thought it went down hill most of the original cast had left by that point

I've started listening to the Everything From Nothing Waterloo Road podcast. If you are a fan it's quite good, easy listen and brings back a lot of memories.

I'm currently rewatching them all and I don't het why when somebody leaves they are never spoken of again, what happened with Eddie him and Rachel were together then in the next season she's getting married to a new man after week🤣 and where did matt go?

I'm currently rewatching them all and I don't het why when somebody leaves they are never spoken of again, what happened with Eddie him and Rachel were together then in the next season she's getting married to a new man after week🤣 and where did matt go?
Matt moved to a private school, I think that’s mentioned at some point? The Eddie one is weird though 😂

Does anyone know when the new series is going to air on TV? Tried watching Ackley Bridge but it's just...not Waterloo road. Lol.

Does anyone know when the new series is going to air on TV? Tried watching Ackley Bridge but it's just...not Waterloo road. Lol.
I’ve tried to be satisfied with AB but it’s just not the same

Possibly September someone a few pages back said