Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm surprised at some of the past guests on Waterloo road
there was an episode with Martin Kemp (as Ronan Burleys Dad)
Jodie Comer played Ronans girlfriend for one episode
Holliday Grainger was in a few episodes

Reactions: 1
I was rewatching then I suddenly remembered when a main character dies and i felt so sad 😭😭. Won’t say who incase anyone’s watching for the first time. Also Chelsea Healy who plays Janeece obviously older now but looks unrecognisable as a teen

Talking about trashy tv I loved footballers wives and bad girls 😂

Reactions: 3
I was rewatching then I suddenly remembered when a main character dies and i felt so sad 😭😭. Won’t say who incase anyone’s watching for the first time. Also Chelsea Healy who plays Janeece obviously older now but looks unrecognisable as a teen

Talking about trashy tv I loved footballers wives and bad girls 😂
I thought she was great as janeece! And the girl that played Maxine too! Shame Chelsea Healy has had so much work done she didn’t need it.

I thought she was great as janeece! And the girl that played Maxine too! Shame Chelsea Healy has had so much work done she didn’t need it.
I can’t stand Maxine..... she’s always got that typical teenager look of attitude on her face lol
Chelsea Healy was beautiful before, she didn’t need anything done... it’s a shame so many women feel they have to do that when they are already pretty

I’ve just seen they are bringing Waterloo road back! I’m definitely not the target audience (bit old now 😂) but genuinely looking forward to this

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm also too old for this, but am also definitely watching this. I wonder if it's going to be a "new" Waterloo Road school. Or they are going to explain away Scotland, or just retcon Scotland without mentioning it.

I remember when my entire year at school was an extra in the first series, the episode with the school open day especially.

Heard the new series will be set in Greater Manchester, wonder where this time as the school they filmed in Rochdale was knocked down years ago now.

Looking forward to the reboot. My boyfriend and I have been rewatching on iplayer and we are getting towards the end of series 5. Rachel has to be the best head but I liked Miss Fisher too. I wonder who will return from the old cast. I have a feeling Scout will return as a teacher. Would love to see Janeece back on reception and I bet her daughter is old enough for high school now 😂

Reactions: 2
Really looking forward to this, although like other posters I'm probably a bit old now. Had a serious crush on Mr Clarkson, was gutted when they killed him off. Bring back Mr Rimmer - I found him attractive as well!

This show was always “bad” but it ranged from “bad but highly watchable” to “bad - I would rather watch paint dry”.

I hope it’s a bit more consistent this time around – I was so sick of a new series starting and half the storylines from the previous run going unresolved and many of the characters just vanishing into thin air.

I almost wish it returns with a more serious tone like Holby City or something. But I know that’s unlikely.

I was actually really sad when it ended because it became a massive part of my routine. It started when I was school and saw me through GCSEs, A Levels, university and then life beyond that. I was in my mid 20s when it finished but it felt like the last part of my teen years dying.

I only watched the tail end of WR in 2014/2015 when I was in my last year of school but I LOVED it. Never watched it from the beginning, think I was too young - but just started now, and it’s really enjoyable - I can’t wait to see the new series either :)

I'm guessing a few Holby City actors will be in the new series, if I'm remembering right the PE teacher Jez and Deputy head Sian were played by Fletch and Donna before the school moved to Scotland.

I can't wait for it to come back but I hope they make it gritty again. I loved series 1-3 in particular. Mika was one of my faves.

When it moved to Scotland it lost that edge and become boring. Not to mention all the kids had different accents 🤣

Reactions: 2