Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I remember when my entire year at school was an extra in the first series, the episode with the school open day especially.

Heard the new series will be set in Greater Manchester, wonder where this time as the school they filmed in Rochdale was knocked down years ago now.

Reactions: 1

tyrell123

This has been bothering me for awhile, any family that has multiple connections to WR seems to get all killed off, the Barrys are lucky to have made it out alive.

Also laughed at Donte saying school was the best time of his life and he'd do it all again. Perhaps he has a memory problem as it was actually all a bit traumatic for him if you ask me
Probably just remembering that it’s where he met Chlo…they seem to have had a fairytale ending (until she got killed off)

Gillybean42

VIP Member
I thought she was great as janeece! And the girl that played Maxine too! Shame Chelsea Healy has had so much work done she didn’t need it.
I can’t stand Maxine..... she’s always got that typical teenager look of attitude on her face lol
Chelsea Healy was beautiful before, she didn’t need anything done... it’s a shame so many women feel they have to do that when they are already pretty

Merpedy

VIP Member
The school felt very small? Like scenes in hall as if that’s whole school if there’s sixth form too. Old WR was realistic with amount of extras it had.
I think part of the problem is that we keep seeing the same corridors and all of the classes seem to be based in one corridor

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I reckon they’ll named the school after Chlo (I haven’t finished ep1 yet) since the whole thing about the name anyway

Gillybean42

VIP Member
My entire school were in extras in the first series , I might pop it on just to spot everyone I know or knew back then .
This thread has reminded me , the guy who played jack. I use to watch him in a hairdressing program I think it was called cutting it ?? If anybody else can remember that ? I may have got the title wrong …
Yeah cutting it! Loved that program!!

Kay's Good Cooking

Chatty Member
Don't get me started on the teachers at my school... one had us cover his lovebites when he was hungover; another was an incredibly angry chap who raged at us; the third was a mean fool who always stank of coffee and soup; the fourth remains someone who belongs out of my mind; the fifth a dear supply lady with a walking stick; the sixth a Language teacher, who made me laugh during my speaking exam (but it was mutual giggles)

We had drama teachers teaching Technology

Two deputies fornicated in the lift of the new building - to be later sacked

And the invisible headteacher was shortly thereafter sacked off

Last edited:

RosePetals

Chatty Member
Does anyone know when the next episodes will be released? I hope they're not just doing 7 at the start of each school term

loolabelle

VIP Member
There would always be negative press about them casting two Thomas children.
Tommy was only in 2 episodes and was to be a nod to Tom clarkson. It worked IMO being Adam’s son he was relaxed with him and Scarlett (izzy).

Angela Griffin’s husband is in WR so wonder if they’ll be slating that too.
I also wondered if it helped during filming for covid restrictions if there’s any now, as they were from the same/ similar households?

horsey1234

It gives me a mix of Pre and Post-Scotland vibes tbh. Some things are true to the original IMO but I find the format quite Scotland like. As someone who has watched Waterloo Road repeatedly and grew up obsessed with it, I really enjoyed it. I really had to keep in mind as well that Waterloo Road was very much my school experience at a comp in a poor area, whereas now schools have changed so much.

If you can get past the initial wokeness and don't try to compare it too much it is really good for a reboot.
Thanks! I’ll give it a go. Might even treat myself to rewatching from series 1 first! I’ll be totally obsessed again in no time I’m sure

• Heart