Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mochibean

VIP Member
Me too. Like the boy who couldn’t stop peeing himself and the pregnant girl who said Jack was the father
and the boy Andrew thought was on drugs when he was actually caring for his mum. Season 1 and 2 were the best IMO. I never get tired of watching them, so much happened in just 8 and 12 episodes.

Reactions: 1

Kat5998

VIP Member
All the possible 'kids' judging by instagram would be too old for the above with the exception of Prince Kelly if they were to go down that route. I'd love to see Rose back in a recurring capacity but don't think it'll happen.

Can see Chlo potentially making a cameo or at least being mentioned (never liked how neither were mentioned at the very least when Tom died), but imagine Brett just wouldn't be in the picture.

I think, basing it on series year (I know a couple of the series were slightly longer/got a bit muddled time wise) Kim's son would be starting year 7. If I remember correctly one of the reasons they've brought it back is to represent how schools have been impacted by covid. So this could potentially be quite a good storyline.

It does feel like Cheryl's daughter is going to be present based on rumours of her her making an appearance - not sure how I feel about that though.

Hopefully they get the blend right with links to old characters and completely new characters!
Chlo and Donte are coming back, so is Angela Griffin

wanderingeyes22

Adam Thomas said they’ve finished filming now so hopefully not long
I did see that! I wonder how many episodes we are gonna get in the first series back, I did read that production wanted at least 30 episodes a year but on Adams picture it only says episode 9 so I'm wondering if they're only airing 8 eps this time instead of 10...

Kinda.

But I know as soon as I hear that iconic theme tune, it will be 10 years ago and I'll be right back to loving it and wishing Rachel Mason was still running the ship.
I hope they don't change the theme tune 😢

mochibean

VIP Member
I agree. I think the original series was more authentic. There’s a lot of box ticking in the new series. Although I can’t remember if racism, for example, was addressed in the past series.
Angela Griffin stands out a mile because she is the only decent actor now. There’s a few nepo babies in this series and I don’t rate them!
There was the polish caretaker but that was xenophobia rather than racism, and the maori supply teacher who was an absolute dick. 😅
But old WLR was never blatant about things in the way that this is, it feels very woke and dumbed down.

The first couple of seasons were short but so much happened, feels like a lot less is happening and my connection to the characters is so weak.

kimh90

Chatty Member
Noooo that's absolutely shit if so. Why hype it up with chlo and donte coming back to do that

mochibean

VIP Member
Have they finished filming all of those episodes? Maybe that's why there's a delay

My other thought was that they're releasing them in small batches to see whether it's worth fully comitting to the show financially
This. OG Waterloo Road started with only 8 in series 1, worth seeing the feedback it gets before committing to more.

user12342626367374

Chatty Member
I was on set a number of years ago and I'm pretty sure they said about editing as they film, so it's definitely doable but September would make more sense and tie in with the school terms. Unless they're planning on splitting it for 10 eps then the folllowing ten in September.
That’s interesting, I suppose it makes sense to do that. I read towards the end of the year they were looking at releasing it and September would make sense. I’ve looked at the old series to see when they were aired and it seems end of August-start of October is when they start it. I’m just excited for it to start. Also with it being a reboot they will probably do the story as the 1st September rather than after Christmas/Easter

Has the amount of episodes been confirmed? I presume it’s 20, and I don’t know how I feel about Kim being head.

Ive already mentioned wanting Heather Pearce (Nikki Boston) joining but Chris Geere (Matt) and maybe unpopular but Richard Mylan (Simon Lowsley) I would love to join the cast. Also loved the Diamond family and the drama they bought along (had the fattest crush on Jez) but feel like that’s an unpopular one. i don’t know if any of them would come back but seeing Alex and Jaye are out of jobs due to Holly being no more maybe they will🤷‍♀️

Also did anybody watch this:

I watched it when it first came out and quite enjoyed it, it sad how much work Chelse has had done though. He also did a Scotland one which I hadn’t watched as there was only a few of the Scotland cast I actually liked.

FunkyPhil

Grantly was softened to the viewer when we saw his home life as a carer. And his troubles with gambling etc. Steph was always a rock for him. And then when Maggie came along and helped him, he was softened further.
I'd forgotten the gambling, Stephen. And the occasional bottle of Scotch tucked down the back of the sofa!

As a secondary teacher myself, I can get behind the boozy lunch!
Beans and spill please, Who Knows?WhoCares? I thought such things only happened at raucous Downing Street parties!

MsGilmore

VIP Member
Some of the acting is woeful. Scarlett is average but Tina is average too. I think that Teddy is quite good though. Definitely some nepotism and doing friends a favour even though Lisa Faulkner can’t need the money!