Vonny Leclerc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just double-checked Laura W's Twitter bio as I knew she worked in publishing and I had an idea she'd recently had a book of her own published:

'Author, Exit bloomsburypub UK Publishing Director tramppress Columnist thescotsman Reviews Ed gutter_magazine Lectures Publishing cityunilondon'

That's pretty impressive, no? She can't have all that going on without the mental chops to back it up surely.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
With respect, you deserve the kudos for all your screenshots and great posts. Laura just swiped all the brilliant detectivework from this forum, but added very little herself.
She's a lazy writer, and no thinker which is why the Scotsman call her "Laura Puddle" amongst themselves - she's not deep.

Remember what I said about the National pay columnists? Laura gets a lot, lot less. She's at the Scotsman because she costs nothing, and no-one reads her copy, which is why it is packed with poor grammar and clumsy writing.
Personally I thought it was great. It sounds like you work there otherwise how would you know what she gets paid and that nobody reads her "copy", is she a colleague you're in some kind of rivalry with? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I wonder what it feels like to read something like that and think 'yep, that's me she's referring to'! And to know that most people in those same circles will also definitely know that you're the unnamed person she's talking about.

Wonder what colour her mood ring turned when she saw it? :unsure:
OMG Laura W has her bang to rights. Absolutely brilliant. She must be the talk of the Steamie in Scottish journo circles.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
With respect, you deserve the kudos for all your screenshots and great posts. Laura just swiped all the brilliant detectivework from this forum, but added very little herself.
She's a lazy writer, and no thinker which is why the Scotsman call her "Laura Puddle" amongst themselves - she's not deep.

Remember what I said about the National pay columnists? Laura gets a lot, lot less. She's at the Scotsman because she costs nothing, and no-one reads her copy, which is why it is packed with poor grammar and clumsy writing.

Sooooooo I’ve posted a lot of the screenshots in here and I started Vonny-watching cos one of my best pals is a Scottish journalist & put me onto how she's a known bullshitter among cultural/media circles years ago, none of this is going to be new to anyone in the know up here.

But I asked her about this, she said that she doesn’t really know Laura personally but has never heard anyone slagging her like this, that she seems generally well thought of and promotes other people's stuff. You describe her writing as like some barely literate tabloid airhead but going by this article that doesn’t really add up? And she did say in the article she’d been browsing Tattle and saw this thread which seems fair enough. 🤷‍♀️

No offence, but my spidey senses are going a tad, you only started posting here after this thread started, how do we know you’re not some Craven journo with a personal grudge or even Vonny yourself? Can’t deny saying the screen grabs so bash the writer’s ability & what she gets paid? Lol. The drama. 😱

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Sooooooo I’ve posted a lot of the screenshots in here and I started Vonny-watching cos one of my best pals is a Scottish journalist & put me onto how she's a known bullshitter among cultural/media circles years ago, none of this is going to be new to anyone in the know up here.

But I asked her about this, she said that she doesn’t really know Laura personally but has never heard anyone slagging her like this, that she seems generally well thought of and promotes other people's stuff. You describe her writing as like some barely literate tabloid airhead but going by this article that doesn’t really add up? And she did say in the article she’d been browsing Tattle and saw this thread which seems fair enough. 🤷‍♀️

No offence, but my spidey senses are going a tad, you only started posting here after this thread started, how do we know you’re not some Craven journo with a personal grudge or even Vonny yourself? Can’t deny saying the screen grabs so bash the writer’s ability & what she gets paid? Lol. The drama. 😱
I'm not offended at all, just amused at how wonky your spidey sense is. Do my posts sound like Vonny Moyes?
REALLY? Scroll back and have another think.
And no offence to you, but your best pal of a journalist doesn't work in editorial: LW's writing problems don't lie in tabloid stylings; it's the opposite direction. She's seen as ludicrously pretentious, using words and ideas she doesn't fully understand in a vain attempt to impress the superficial.
Another reason why she's so poorly thought of: she uses her columns to plug her own pamphlet publications, books published by her teeny publishing house employers, and her pals. She thinks this had gone unnoticed. It hasn't.
Vonny is an idiot, but honestly - it's a fact so obvious that even a Puddle recognises it.

Now, can we move away from me? I'm flattered by the attention but I'm far more interested in y'all being funny.

I've just double-checked Laura W's Twitter bio as I knew she worked in publishing and I had an idea she'd recently had a book of her own published:

'Author, Exit bloomsburypub UK Publishing Director tramppress Columnist thescotsman Reviews Ed gutter_magazine Lectures Publishing cityunilondon'

That's pretty impressive, no? She can't have all that going on without the mental chops to back it up surely.
Hang on, weren't y'all laughing at Vonny puffing her CV on this very thread? Exit is not a book, it's a pamphlet. woman Press are a tiny Irish publishing house run by two people. And hands up who subscribes to Gutter.
Really guys: let's move on

Last edited:
Yeah let’s move on, this thread isn’t about you, it’s about Vonny, who I’m way more interested in than you. Not really here for the arguing between posters, if you’ve got something to say regarding Vonny please carry on. I’m not trying to moderate here either, just not interested in the “trying to get the upper hand” bollox

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Please tell me I’m not the only one who thought Vonny seemed quite cool at first?! The illusion quickly shatters, but still... Must have been one of her spells 🔮

Reactions: 10
Please tell me I’m not the only one who thought Vonny seemed quite cool at first?! The illusion quickly shatters, but still... Must have been one of her spells 🔮
Yes I did 🙋‍♀️
I was very new to twitter and thought she seemed interesting.
I can't pinpoint when I thought she was just attention seeking and irritating but it wasn't long after.

I first became suspicious when she did a thread about having to come to terms with coming from a family who were direct beneficiaries of the slave trade and not unreasonably assuming she was from money. I recall thinking that it must be awful to come to terms with that but observing that if she felt that bad about it she could just give the money away. The next thing she's doing fundraiser for her poverty stricken mother and I was a bit puzzled. After that the personas came thick and fast, I think I bailed during the radfem era but it's all of bit of a blur.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes I did, loved her style (retro 50’s at the time), thought she seemed cool. Then heard a few things about her via work and then just *something* didn’t feel right and the minute you get that and start looking into all you realise.......😂

• Haha
She's such a shapeshifter, that's the way she gathers followers. It's only when you see it happen right before your eyes - her morphing from one identity into another - that it starts to click.

Reactions: 13
She's very striking looking and I'm sure that's what draws most people in initially. I've followed many people because they have a sharp black bob and equally sharp eyeliner. That's all it takes sometimes. And if she pops up during a movement, BLM, Indyref, slavery reparations etc. and seems to be saying the right things sincerely, I can see that she'd tot up the fans and followers pretty quickly.

Reactions: 12
Here she is with some, in her words, “unsolicited witching“ :rolleyes:
She pulled the same card, every day, that’s like, 730 days in a row!!!

43C42944-1FD4-405E-BD08-5C50878B3CD8.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.