Vonny Leclerc #2 It’s a Von Trap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A bit off course here but after someone here mentioned her eyes looking pinned to duck I can't help but notice in quite a few of her photos she has tiny pupils and the thousand yard stare look.

Reactions: 2
I literally was thinking this all morning! I’m an ex member of the academy (As in i studied for a science degree).
How arrogant do you have to be to think that you have identified a gap in the literature when work psychologists have probably been researching this since 1994? She’s so delusional it’s actually quite funny 😂
I don't see how/where/why she gets it published. She's not in an academic/research post, is she?

She also doesn't have any academic credentials, unless BA(Hons) Incomplete due to Being Knocked Up is one, which it wasn't when I was last in academia.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What is “the academy” that she went on about? I missed some of that phase.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t think they gave me any degree credits for having a baby. I was pregnant twice during my Masters and all it got me was a record breaking extension, the longest anyone had ever had at that uni- it took me 7 years.

What is “the academy” that she went on about? I missed some of that phase.
This was my first question on the old Vonny thread. It just means academia I think.

• Heart
I am a member of “The Academy” of sorts. That’s not how you write papers; even planning takes weeks and a hell of a lot of research. You can’t see a gap in the literature in a morning.

Very true. She obviously has no idea about research. Plus real academics don't share drafts of their papers on social media 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm not a member of "The Academy" but if I understand correctly, in academia you don't just start out with a hypothesis and write a paper all about how your hypothesis is right? And doesn't academic work require you to at least add to the cumulative knowledge/literature base by idk maybe doing some research on it or something? Academic paper =/= opinion column.

And could someone please explain how there is a gap in the literature when she's posted a screenshot of some literature written about what she says there's a gap in the literature about? 🧐

Oh I've just realised she's posted a screenshot of her draft and not someone else's work!

Right. This has really annoyed me. She clearly has no idea what academics actually do. You don't submit your personal opinion to academic papers. You need to back up what you're saying with evidence. Insta story replies are not scientific evidence. She is shitting all over the scientific method.
I asked my father in law who is a professor. The reply:

"Does she have a PhD?"
Erm, no
"Wasting her time then"

That's that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Guys ............ she's leaving 'The Academy'. (Which is to say, her fixed term contract covering maternity leave is over). What will happen to her Paper? 😭😭

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 17.55.59.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 17.56.13.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Do you remember Football Vonny? When she started wearing a team shirt in her selfies and commentating on the World Cup? I loved Football Vonny. One of the least on brand Vonnies we've seen so far.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I can't help suspecting she wasn't actually managing a team...
I’m a manager, I’m sure there will be loads on here too. Such a broad term 🤣 anyway if I ever leave my job I won’t say it was a pleasure to MANAGE them (it bleeping isn’t). I’ll say it was a pleasure to WORK with them (it bleeping isn’t)

Really tiny gripe but it just seems a bit as my mother would say “The big I am”

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I’m a manager, I’m sure there will be loads on here too. Such a broad term 🤣 anyway if I ever leave my job I won’t say it was a pleasure to MANAGE them (it bleeping isn’t). I’ll say it was a pleasure to WORK with them (it bleeping isn’t)

Really tiny gripe but it just seems a bit as my mother would say “The big I am”
Yes - absolutely. It's so conceited.

Reactions: 12
Do you remember Football Vonny? When she started wearing a team shirt in her selfies and commentating on the World Cup? I loved Football Vonny. One of the least on brand Vonnies we've seen so far.
I am fairly certain she said that she was scouted for the Scotland women’s team or something like that but had to cut her professional career short because...reasons?

Guys ............ she's leaving 'The Academy'. (Which is to say, her fixed term contract covering maternity leave is over). What will happen to her Paper? 😭😭

View attachment 463370 ok I have more to say... talking about being ‘in the trenches’ when she’s been working from home on a website?! I’ll tell that to my partner who works in the NHS, sure they would love to swap! Shes actually got me annoyed now. Also imagine boasting about being a manager 😂 sure her ‘team’ are gutted to see her go

View attachment 463368
Yes - absolutely. It's so conceited.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
This one particularly annoyed me. Like most of her fads she jumped on women’s football as it was a hot topic what with our women qualifying for the World Cup. She’d never mentioned football once and all of a sudden she was an expert on it (sound familiar?) What irked me the most though was a tweet urging everyone to continue to support the women’s game after the World Cup by attending matches (I’m sure there was more but can’t remember) it was really condescending and she implied that she already did these things, when she absolutely did not.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.